The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: They didn't honor the contract
So why isn’t Budden taking legal action? Oh wait, because he’s probably bullshytting.

how many people you know that get dikked out of half a million dollars in bonuses and say “that was fine, whatever.” Something don’t add up. He drew up the contract and got hosed by people smarter than him.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spotify, apple, youtube=majors (Atlantic, interscope, etc)

Loudspeaker, barstool, all the other networks=bad boy, cash money, Aftermath, MMG

JBP= Russ, E40, tech

The analogy might be off but that's how I kinda see it. They basically tried to 360 joe.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
So why isn’t Budden taking legal action? Oh wait, because he’s probably bullshytting.

how many people you know that get dikked out of half a million dollars in bonuses and say “that was fine, whatever.” Something don’t add up. He drew up the contract and got hosed by people smarter than him.

Fair points :yeshrug:

I don't think he's bullshytting bc Spotify would have responded saying as much. Either way, regarding the bonus, that all goes to my belief that they weren't doing business in good faith. Why re-up with someone that is finessing you? Whose to say he doesn't plan on litigation? I will say that sounds like a costly and precedent setting lawsuit, seeking the analytical data for the JBP and all of the podcasts at Spotify. Would you spend a million to get 500k?

And I'm not understanding how y'all keep saying he's getting hosed and outsmarted, but then saying he should litigate to get his bread :what:. Which one is it?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think he's bullshytting bc Spotify would have responded saying as much. Either way, regarding the bonus, that all goes to my belief that they weren't doing business in good faith. Why re-up with someone that is finessing you? Whose to say he doesn't plan on litigation? I will say that sounds like a costly and precedent setting lawsuit, seeking the analytical data for the JBP and all of the podcasts at Spotify. Would you spend a million to get 500k?

And I'm not understanding how y'all keep saying he's getting hosed and outsmarted, but then saying he should litigate to get his bread :what:. Which one is it?
Same could be said about him saying he was fukked over for analytics and bonus money yet still was trying to fihure out how to keep dealing with them wotout the 360. which one is it?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Same could be said about him saying he was fukked over for analytics and bonus money yet still was trying to fihure out how to keep dealing with them wotout the 360. which one is it?
I don't think he was tryna keep dealing with them after they made their re-up proposal :yeshrug:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he was tryna keep dealing with them after they made their re-up proposal :yeshrug:
from the last two pods it seems like he was had they agreed on the right deal structure. Like i said, salute to them for not falling for the okeydoke. But some shyt is not adding up. And it's also funny hearing them bytch about people talking about their business yet that's what happens when you choose to take your business and make it content. People consume the content and comment on it :yeshrug:

At the end, this feels like them creating hype for when they are out of the deal. And its working i guess. But i don't even think they are as emotionally invested as they pretend. It almost seems like theater.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I really underestimated how many of you nikkas love the gossip and love and hip hop deep dives.

40 minute segments on a Summer Walker post type shyt

These last 2 eps were great

There's a shift in culture going on right now that will determine the next few decades for black people

Joe is speaking in this context

I hate the gossiping nonsense as well. This podcast became great (imo) when they would talk about music, sports & just shoot the shyt.

Dude has been complaining for TWO podcasts now about his business with Spotify. Enough already, damn.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

No they wouldn't. This is business. It's messy as fukk to negotiate or discuss specifics out in public. Companies never come out and get into specifics of their issues with talent or talk shyt about one of their acts. Especially because they could always end up working together so it would be silly to make that act look bad until they're gone somewhere else.

As far as the bonus I've said before that Joe's team never seems to be the greatest at picking up details. shyt Joe has said before that the music contracts were written to be as vague as possible. With him knowing that don't you think it's nuts for him to not have his shyt as detailed as possible so there was no wiggle room by Spotify considering his music business experience?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Hope Cthagod gives a good response on Breakfast Club, and I hope he and Andrew talk about it for a while on their podcast this week...just for “beef” purposes.

Last edited: