The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

calh45

Cal
Daps
Saw all 3 hrs of todays pod on Patreon.. ish acted like I thought he would.. so nothing new for me.. still don’t give a fukk about his music takes .. that’ll never change .. he shoudve called out.. son was fukkin the vibes up.. sitting there arms folded or hands in his hoodie… pouting like a bytch

You can clearly see that in his head Drake is this generation's version of Jay Z and Kendrick is Nas and he HATES that people think Kendrick is fly. Him saying GKMC is mid is one of the most mind boggling statements ever said about a hip hop album. I get that people got issues with TPAB, and I personally love that album, but GKMC is certified and stamped as incredible.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
You can clearly see that in his head Drake is this generation's version of Jay Z and Kendrick is Nas and he HATES that people think Kendrick is fly. Him saying GKMC is mid is one of the most mind boggling statements ever said about a hip hop album. I get that people got issues with TPAB, and I personally love that album, but GKMC is certified and stamped as incredible.

You hit it right on the money breh... he sees Drake as Hov and Kdot as Nas...and the luv Kdot gets irks this muhfukka ... son be probably punching the air n shyt when kdot or Nas gets some luv... and the shyt is mad obvious... but yea....the last straw was when he said GKMC was mid...i was done after that

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
y'all really don't listen to the pod. i assume y'all heard/saw clips taken out of context
No, I watched it with video. The first parts Ish was literally sitting there with the :unimpressed:while they were breaking down the lyrics. Even if he wants to have a differing opinion he can be engaging in his counterpoints, but he just sucks the air out of the room instead of understanding how to pod and make it entertaining. Joe talking beef is damn near must see tv cause he know how to present it and break it down better than anybody. Ish is the wet blanket on that shyt. And this isn't some one time observation, he's always like this during music discussions. If he ain't a fan he's useless, hell even if he is he's still almost useless then.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
No, I watched it with video. The first parts Ish was literally sitting there with the :unimpressed:while they were breaking down the lyrics. Even if he wants to have a differing opinion he can be engaging in his counterpoints, but he just sucks the air out of the room instead of understanding how to pod and make it entertaining. Joe talking beef is damn near must see tv cause he know how to present it and break it down better than anybody. Ish is the wet blanket on that shyt. And this isn't some one time observation, he's always like this during music discussions. If he ain't a fan he's useless, hell even if he is he's still almost useless then.
i get it y'all just choose a different target to bash every fiscal quarter, just like the JBP reddit. ice on here blabbin inaccurate shyt, but it's ish's time right now :coffee:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Personally I think Drake has two classics. So Far Gone & Take Care.

I can maybe see an argument for a potential 3rd but that’s about it.

He has had major hits for sure on Views & Scorpion but I don’t think Drake has put out an all around great project since IYRTITL

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

This why I prefer to listen on Spotify, their goofiness doesn't come through as much as it does on video :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Personally I think Drake has two classics. So Far Gone & Take Care.

Thats about as much as I’d give him, even though nikkas try and throw NWTS in there now

Like this is why i hate rap discussion. shyt can just be cool or good it don’t have to be “classic” just cause its a good album.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
At this point I wish Joe woulda used this pod as the high level intro and spent a few days with it before breaking it down in great detail with Parks and Ice on Friday’s Patreon. Ish was definitely a wet blanket here and even flip was contributing more. You don’t have to glaze it but bruh seemed out of it and it affected a lot of the discussion

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Ish already said he wants Drake to cook everybody because he thinks the "jumping" shyt is corny.