The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m glad someone else sees it. I think Cole is the best lyricist out of the three. I also think he has the weakest discography.

Not weakest as in bad (tho those albums before Forest Hill were mid). Worst as in someone has to finish third, and it’s him. None of his best work top-to-bottom is anywhere near Kendrick at his best. And he’s never consistently shook shyt on the charts the way Aubrey has for almost 15 years.

Cole reminds me of Kiss. imo the 16s have always carried his reputation far more than the bodies of work. both have at least one great/classic album. Both also have more mid than you would expect from two people I consider “best-of-the-best” MCs.

I don’t know why THAT was the angle he chose. FOH.

Good analogy :ehh:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick has built in goodwill specifically because his albums are consistently good to great. He earned that. Personally I think Cole is using his features as a way to beef up his standing because his discography alone is not going to do it.

Facts plus he don't have the commercial/mainstream success as Drake

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The days of "When I met you, you was on my dikk/ Jigga gave you his old bentleys/ nlw you on some shyt/" type of diss tracks is dead now.

Its like the nba then vs the nba now. nikkas is all buddy buddy they not going at peoples heads like that no more

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It's gonna be a shytstorm if/when mel leaves. I can already see it. Joe might as well go ahead and get the settlement money ready
:mjlol:
Mel leaving won't mean shyt. She's known Joe since pump it up, she knows how that nikka is with women.....it's part of the reason why she's still around

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Damn feel a way about how they did Mel movie.

Like there was clearly a better way to address it than to drag her and the whole project.

You can't just throw in a we love you can't wait to see more after all that. shyt look fake.
parks was the only one that big upped. the rest of them nikkas are jealous

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Mel leaving won't mean shyt. She's known Joe since pump it up, she knows how that nikka is with women.....it's part of the reason why she's still around
That wont stop her from trying to get money from a lawsuit. All that stuff she was talking about how she felt when they got on her about trae the truth being on the track is just a sneak peek into what games she can really play with being seen as a victim. Especially if Joe fires her and shyt dont end amicably. Maybe I'm wrong :yeshrug:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That wont stop her from trying to get money from a lawsuit. All that stuff she was talking about how she felt when they got on her about trae the truth being on the track is just a sneak peek into what games she can really play with being seen as a victim. Especially if Joe fires her and shyt dont end amicably. Maybe I'm wrong :yeshrug:
Nah you right. Joe got too many sexualized comments towards her on camera that she could easily come at him at some point. Hell he made multiple jokes about Mel getting kidnapped and him keeping her to rape her. They were all joking but that's the type of shyt that can come back to burn you. And considering how bad Joe is at ending relationships with people I think she'd definitely sue, especially after hearing that 700K number being thrown around for what Olivia Dope was paid.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Nah you right. Joe got too many sexualized comments towards her on camera that she could easily come at him at some point. Hell he made multiple jokes about Mel getting kidnapped and him keeping her to rape her. They were all joking but that's the type of shyt that can come back to burn you. And considering how bad Joe is at ending relationships with people I think she'd definitely sue, especially after hearing that 700K number being thrown around for what Olivia Dope was paid.
Mel, why didnt you leave if the situation with Joe was so toxic?
"Because I had no other options. Joe and the rest knew I dropped everything in LA to move out here for the job. When I tried to make other streams of income away from the pod like acting, Joe would make comments that made me feel like I would lose the pod job if I took more roles. I had to endure months of mental abuse and comments about my sex life and personal life that my male counterparts didnt have to talk about. I felt so disgusted when joked about me being kidnapped and raped, but I had to play along because I was in fear of losing my job.:sadcam:"

Redditt gang then finds various clips of Joe making "jokes" about firing mel or holds the fact that flip aint got shyt else really goin on other than the pod over him. Then the various sexual comments like the one last week about Flip not being as sexy or smelling as good as mel.