The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
What skill level? He's a "lyricist" but has no quotables. He has a great "flow" but he makes silly ass voices and sounds like a trannie version of Nicki Minaj :huhldup:

Everything since GKMC has been progressively worse, from bad (TPAB) to terrible (Mr Morale). And GKMC has aged terribly, that shyt sounds awful today. Section 80 has held up better than any of his albums...

The only people riding for Duckworth are CACs, fakkits, and the shoeless Indians/Pakistanis on theColi pretending to be black men.

Like That is 1000% carried by the incredible beat and Production. Kendrick using all 3 of his Alvin & the Chipmunk voices ruins the whole thing :francis:
I thought I was the only one on earth with this opinion, especially Section 80. That’s by far his best album IMO

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What skill level? He's a "lyricist" but has no quotables. He has a great "flow" but he makes silly ass voices and sounds like a trannie version of Nicki Minaj :huhldup:

Everything since GKMC has been progressively worse, from bad (TPAB) to terrible (Mr Morale). And GKMC has aged terribly, that shyt sounds awful today. Section 80 has held up better than any of his albums...

The only people riding for Duckworth are CACs, fakkits, and the shoeless Indians/Pakistanis on theColi pretending to be black men.

Like That is 1000% carried by the incredible beat and Production. Kendrick using all 3 of his Alvin & the Chipmunk voices ruins the whole thing :francis:
:dead:

Dunno why but there's always a couple Coli posters trying to rewrite history on GKMC. There's not a single album Dre mixed that sounds awful today, and certainly not GKMC. Not only did it stand the test of time, we can literally gauge it by the fact that it's been on the Billboard 200 since it came out. Longer than any rap album, ever.

TPAB a classic, as is DAMN. Also I like how you ignore DAMN because you know it fukks up the album math you're trying to do right now.

Also lol @ the most memorable part of Like That not being well received. People in the clubs reciting that verse fam, take the L it's over. Two weeks at #1, clearly somebody fukking with it.
:mjlol:

Kendrick's albums run laps over Cole any day of the week. Cole shoulda come up with another avenue to take that shyt because only a few haters are rocking with the one hot album line.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I did love Ice tryna to argue that 7 minute drill was just supposed to be a jab/sparring session, only for Cole to play that dumbass bodybag sound at the end of the track. :laff:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

Dunno why but there's always a couple Coli posters trying to rewrite history on GKMC. There's not a single album Dre mixed that sounds awful today, and certainly not GKMC. Not only did it stand the test of time, we can literally gauge it by the fact that it's been on the Billboard 200 since it came out. Longer than any rap album, ever.

TPAB a classic, as is DAMN. Also I like how you ignore DAMN because you know it fukks up the album math you're trying to do right now.

Also lol @ the most memorable part of Like That not being well received. People in the clubs reciting that verse fam, take the L it's over. Two weeks at #1, clearly somebody fukking with it.

Kendrick's albums run laps over Cole any day of the week. Cole shoulda come up with another avenue to take that shyt because only a few haters are rocking with the one hot album line.

You sound like the 97% of Indian/Pakistani fukkbois pretending to be something else on this site. I dare you to go listen to GKMC top to bottom right now :umad:

tay1

All Star
Daps

It’s always somebody trying to sound different for the sake of being different. GKMC holds up and still rings off in concert.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You sound like the 97% of Indian/Pakistani fukkbois pretending to be something else on this site. I dare you to go listen to GKMC top to bottom right now :umad:

Breh the biggest Indian call center ring leader on this forum hates Kendrick and has spent a decade trying to claim GKMC is overrated. What are you talking about.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick has built in goodwill specifically because his albums are consistently good to great. He earned that. Personally I think Cole is using his features as a way to beef up his standing because his discography alone is not going to do it.

I’m glad someone else sees it. I think Cole is the best lyricist out of the three. I also think he has the weakest discography.

Not weakest as in bad (tho those albums before Forest Hill were mid). Worst as in someone has to finish third, and it’s him. None of his best work top-to-bottom is anywhere near Kendrick at his best. And he’s never consistently shook shyt on the charts the way Aubrey has for almost 15 years.

Cole reminds me of Kiss. imo the 16s have always carried his reputation far more than the bodies of work. both have at least one great/classic album. Both also have more mid than you would expect from two people I consider “best-of-the-best” MCs.

I don’t know why THAT was the angle he chose. FOH.

tay1

All Star
Daps
I’m glad someone else sees it. I think Cole is the best lyricist out of the three. I also think he has the weakest discography.

Not weakest as in bad (tho those albums before Forest Hill were mid). Worst as in someone has to finish third, and it’s him. None of his best work top-to-bottom is anywhere near Kendrick at his best. And he’s never consistently shook shyt on the charts the way Aubrey has for almost 15 years.

Cole reminds me of Kiss. imo the 16s have always carried his reputation far more than the bodies of work. both have at least one great/classic album. Both also have more mid than you would expect from two people I consider “best-of-the-best” MCs.

I don’t know why THAT was the angle he chose. FOH.
Fab was the same way kind've. Singles success but albums were duds. His mixtapes were nice tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cole on his Eminem shyt of just jumping on nigggas songs trying to bar them up for no reason. Kendrick, Drake or anyone else could do what Cole is doing the last couple of years they just don’t feel like they have to.

He knows his albums ain’t gonna hold up compared to the other two so this is his only option.