The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Joe has to stop comparing himself to people like Cole and Drake :mjlol:

They are global superstars, it’s really like comparing amateur level athletes with all nba players

I mean, he quite literally said in the pod they are levels above where he could ever be so he has to try and judge accordingly and that's it not neccessarily apples to apples lol.

Man's just disappointed as a fellow rapper who love diss tracks :manny:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
wtf. What he say Iol smh

Lol he was tryna say she wasn't acting, she was doing some of the mannerisms she does on the pod, and the casting folks just watched the pod and had her do the same shyt on the pod

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I’m glad someone else sees it. I think Cole is the best lyricist out of the three. I also think he has the weakest discography.

Not weakest as in bad (tho those albums before Forest Hill were mid). Worst as in someone has to finish third, and it’s him. None of his best work top-to-bottom is anywhere near Kendrick at his best. And he’s never consistently shook shyt on the charts the way Aubrey has for almost 15 years.

Cole reminds me of Kiss. imo the 16s have always carried his reputation far more than the bodies of work. both have at least one great/classic album. Both also have more mid than you would expect from two people I consider “best-of-the-best” MCs.

I don’t know why THAT was the angle he chose. FOH.

I agree with basically everything you said here. I agree with Cole saying he's in his prime. I think Cole put together a dope project in Might Delete Later and his shots and disses were very well put together. It's just that discog convo that makes up the meat of his critique doesn't resonate with reality.

A better angle would've been going more into K. Dot being a phony as an activist or something. Or scared to truly get into battle.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Lol he was tryna say she wasn't acting, she was doing some of the mannerisms she does on the pod, and the casting folks just watched the pod and had her do the same shyt on the pod
For him to say that. You know he truly thinks that. Im sure Joe and Ian trying to devise a way to eat off the extra stuff the cohosts due that they could attribute to being on the pod. Next contract bout to have podcast 360s like Spotify tried to do for Rory/Mal :lolbron:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Joe has always thought Cole was corny and aint fw wit his music like that. You could tell he always felt he was overrated specially since Cole whole gimmick for THIS era is lyricism and compared to nikkas from Joe era and prior Cole is a mid lyricist to a lot of the big hittas then. Cole went straight bars, features approach in recent years and changed some opinions. Even Joe started to fw him more but ya could still tell there was a part of Joe holdin back on his real feelings bout Cole. I could see him gettin a lot of shyt off on how he really feel now that he vindicated :russ: we could get a viral legendary pod where Joe unleash the bombs on his real feelings bout this corny ass nikka Cole :mjgrin: i really think this the final straw for a lot of nikkas who never fw Cole but didnt wanna hate much on em

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Looks like Joe got that death (figuratively) he was begging for. :pachaha: Should be an all time classic pod on Wednesday