The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
So this is patreon huh? :francis:

This is what he had in mind when he signed those all female podcasts a few years ago. He thought he was getting a bunch of women willing to let him harass them at will :mjlol:

Melyssa is too dependent/used to being treated like this from her work history to make it an issue (for now)

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Which makes me think, did everyone on the pod aside from Queenz and Parks have a somewhat dysfunctional upbringing?

Joe - Parents drug addiction, father not around for most of childhood.
Ish - Father not around, lost virginity to older woman at 11.
Mel - Domestic violence between parents, Father died young, forced to start working at 15.
Ice - Father not around until he became a teen.

I think this should be taken into account when hearing some of their viewpoints. I don't think it's a coincidence that Queenz and Parks have the most stable relationships (both married).

"Lost virginity to older women at 11" is insane.... He got molested. We gotta stop sugarcoatin shyt for female pedophiles out there. That explains a lot about Ish and I don't think he realizes the impact it has on his development.

lib123

All Star
Daps
"Lost virginity to older women at 11" is insane.... He got molested. We gotta stop sugarcoatin shyt for female pedophiles out there. That explains a lot about Ish and I don't think he realizes the impact it has on his development.

Agreed. Actually I think he said he lost his virginity to a 16 or 17 year old girl but still.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
His brother is one of the biggest execs in hip-hop and his other brother is tied to Jay and Roc Nation. He was getting money in entertainment before Joe. I think he’ll figure something out to be adjacent to the industry

Not sure about before Joe, but post he was living at joe crib then upgraded to staying with ball players. I don't think he was doing anything in entertainment besides being friends with entertainers.

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Not sure about before Joe, but post he was living at joe crib then upgraded to staying with ball players. I don't think he was doing anything in entertainment besides being friends with entertainers.

All of them lived with Joe before, yall make it seem like he was living off of Joe lol.

Emanny, Ish, Ice, Corey, Parks, etc all lived with Joe in the past.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
he's mentioned before he worked at a hospital

Right, idk why nikkas trying to make it seem like Mal was making moves in the entertainments. Just cause his brothers connected doesnt mean mal was doing his thing. We hear Rory was an A and R or some shyt for Sony, but not really much on Mal other than sleeping on couches and being a basketball husband. It doesnt matter how connected and in the industry his brothers are if he doesnt know how to utilize those connections.

His brother is one of the biggest execs in hip-hop and his other brother is tied to Jay and Roc Nation. He was getting money in entertainment before Joe. I think he’ll figure something out to be adjacent to the industry
Looks like Joe started rapping in 99/01 when he was like 19/20. Pump it up came out in 03 when Joe was like 23.
What moves was Mal making in 99-03 to be getting the money in entertainment before Joe? :comeon:

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
All of them lived with Joe before, yall make it seem like he was living off of Joe lol.

Emanny, Ish, Ice, Corey, Parks, etc all lived with Joe in the past.
Everyone else u named has verifiable employment or some type of field that they are known to work in. Mal is on some tommy(from martin) type time. Noone know what he did for a living and he wasn't in the streets. He was living off somebody lol