The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
For the last 10 years 4 independent albums won rap album of the year, 2 Kendrick, 2 Tyler and 2 “trash” in Cardi and Eminem.

I don’t know why Joe and them are acting like it’s bubble gum pop winning the award. They create a fake narrative to get fake mad.

And this dude Ice highkey c00nery, is getting a bit annoying. He’s too excited when he talks about KKK-ish young rappers and any black man that acts like a clown or Doja cat and them. Then he says he hates Steph curry, Mahomes and other black excellence type of people

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
For the last 10 years 4 independent albums won rap album of the year, 2 Kendrick, 2 Tyler and 2 “trash” in Cardi and Eminem.

I don’t know why Joe and them are acting like it’s bubble gum pop winning the award. They create a fake narrative to get fake mad.

And this dude Ice highkey c00nery, is getting a bit annoying. He’s too excited when he talks about KKK-ish young rappers and any black man that acts like a clown or Doja cat and them. Then he says he hates Steph curry, Mahomes and other black excellence type of people
Cardi album was a classic.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Cardi album was a classic.
It was good for what it was, just called it "trash" cause it was pop and "machiney".

The shyt they are talking about.

They need to understand that it's mostly old people that vote and they will probably not vote for shyt they can't understand like many of these new (southern) rappers, including Travis. My guess is that Nas was #2.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Oh and Ice was so obnoxious this pod. I didn't mind questioning Jay's reasoning for speaking, but the defeatist mindset was really wack. Ppl knowing that NARAS has issues doesn't mean ppl should stop speaking on those issues.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Oh and Ice was so obnoxious this pod. I didn't mind questioning Jay's reasoning for speaking, but the defeatist mindset was really wack. Ppl knowing that NARAS has issues doesn't mean ppl should stop speaking on those issues.
If you not gonna have a discussion and just says "its bussiness" than stfu on the topic :mjgrin:
shyt was annoying as hell would Joe would ask him to go deeper and he would respond with "thats the business".

Also their comparison to the oscars was dumb though. A movie is more of a whole part then an album was. When a movie gets a bunch of oscar noms across different categories(writing/set/supporting actor and actress ect) all that is going to making the whole film. An album can get nominated across various categories on the strength of one song.