The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
just seen him respond to this but yet it's not about a paywall or money :comeon:

I'm sure Kat got paid for his time with Shay. His shows for the rest of the year might be able to charge 15 percent more and better for seats.

This many views upfront gonna lead to a nice check for shannon depending on how he does his YT pay outs. And greater brand awareness.

Them dudes fukked off tens of millions from Spotify and have been stuttering ever since.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just seen him respond to this but yet it's not about a paywall or money :comeon:

Shannon isn’t doing it for free. He has a major deal with The Volume and sponsorships. He’s making money of the views also. Ian is a moron who hasn’t figured out a way to maximize off the visibility the podcast has

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I'm gonna put it like this: I get where Ian was going, he really just worded it wrong. Posting clips of the interview on YT while posting the whole thing on something LIKE patreon may have benefited Shannon moreso in the long run. 34 million views on YT equates to just over $200K without ads. Take Shannon's base and bust that down to even 1/7th (100K) subs on patreon at low tier $5 per sub.....he does $200K easily after the split. There's math that says putting that shyt on patreon would've earned good money too. Shannon could EASILY pull 100-200K subs on a sub-based platform like patreon

That interview isn't pulling a lot of ad revenue either because Katt was talking super brazy

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna put it like this: I get where Ian was going, he really just worded it wrong. Posting clips of the interview on YT while posting the whole thing on something LIKE patreon may have benefited Shannon moreso in the long run. 34 million views on YT equates to just over $200K without ads. Take Shannon's base and bust that down to even 1/7th (100K) subs on patreon at low tier $5 per sub.....he does $200K easily after the split. There's math that says putting that shyt on patreon would've earned good money too. Shannon could EASILY pull 100-200K subs on a sub-based platform like patreon

That interview isn't pulling a lot of ad revenue either because Katt was talking super brazy

That all makes a ton of sense when you are saying it while spinning one of these like Ian was :pachaha:

24259c8cbee7d9d937c2d30404cf0c2e.gif

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Joe will throw anyone and everyone under a bus in order to look good and avoid smoke from the general public because he's scared to death of losing what he has. This is just exhibit #895.

He probably forced Ian to go on Twitter Spaces ASAP to talk about his tweet, so that he can scold Ian publicly and separate himself from the criticism.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

this is a short sighted way of thinking

the video going super viral raises Shannons profile and will help him way more in the long run than it would’ve had it been behind a paywall

Hes gonna get better guest and more lucrative deals in the future based of the numbers this interview did

Had it dropped behind a paywall it probably barely hits 1 million views when its released publicly and doesn’t have anywhere near the impact it did

Hopefully Joe take notes and stopped trying to hide his most anticipated shyt behind the paywall in hopes of getting a few new patreon subscribers

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

the video going super viral raises Shannons profile and will help him way more in the long run than it would’ve had it been behind a paywall

Hes gonna get better guest and more lucrative deals in the future based of the numbers this interview did

Had it dropped behind a paywall it probably barely hits 1 million views when its released publicly and doesn’t have anywhere near the impact it did

Hopefully Joe take notes and stopped trying to hide his most anticipated shyt behind the paywall in hopes of getting a few new patreon subscribers
exactly...this Katt Williams interview is now "a moment".

and a good YouTube comment on that Joe/Ian "argument" clip was that this feels like Joe knows he fukked up by putting the Umar interview behind a paywall instead of straight YouTube and audio...and he probably blames Ian for it too.
:umad:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think you're capable of ever going against what anyone within that JBP universe says, its uncanny.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

1000%. Outside of Sports fans and maybe a few people who saw a clip here or there from TSR or on Black Twitter, nobody else knows Shannon Sharpe. This thing has put his name out into the ether to everyone across Social Media.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

It wouldnt have benefited Shannon to put it on Patreon because his audience isnt based on patreon subs. Patreon is for hardcore fans.
Also if the clips stuff worked to get patreon subs, Joe and Ian wouldve been moved the entire pod behind patreon. They havent because it isnt sustainable.
We also dont know what Shannon's deal is with The Volume as far as youtube stuff or other deals. I'll give you an example. Gilbert Arenas has Gil's Arena. He has a contract with Underdog where he leases his channel to them. He has a contract that Underdog must pay him $1 per sub he gets while they are in partnership. Shannon could have a similar deal set up with Draft Kings or the Volume. This Katt interview also helped his other vids get millions of views. The steve harvey interview got a 1M+ bump.

You greatly overestimate how easy it is to get patreon subs. How would shannon get 100-200k patreon subs when the top patreon podcast who have put years making a fanbase havent cracked 100k? Highest is 75k and they have a 30k diff on 2nd place.

There is no math that says patreon wouldve worked because you are basing it on bad numbers of the Katt vid. That's like a rapper/singer saying their album should sell 500k first week because they basing it on having 50M ig followers. We've seen time and time again those numbers mean nothing when it comes time for fans to actually put up money.

Right.
The marketing ALONE is worth whatever pennies he wouldve gotten off this interview on patreon.
f21d84cb7b39ab3e44557d17b6110a31.png

Last edited:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand the point of having flip on the podcast. He doesn’t add anything. He just sings random songs from time to time.

He intimidates the other 3 male clowns (counting Parks) on the show. This is Joe's new version of checks and balances because of how things turned out after he directly bullied fruity ass Mal and the Ginger Ninja for all those years.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
1000%. Outside of Sports fans and maybe a few people who saw a clip here or there from TSR or on Black Twitter, nobody else knows Shannon Sharpe. This thing has put his name out into the ether to everyone across Social Media.
Nah, Shannon is bigger than the TSR or Black Twitter bubble. His interviews were getting millions of views before Katt. Steve interview was at 8.8M. Like a dozen intervies at like 3M. Deion Sanders/Ocho interivers at like 6m. Dont get me wrong, Katt shyt put him on another level, but he was already on the upper end.