The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Damn breh this is a harsh take. I don't totally disagree that Joe's knowledge base is limited but I thought he did a good job shutting the fukk up and playing a moderator role this ep. His quips were silly but I think he was just trying to lighten the tension at certain moments.
It really bothered me when he did it. Sometimes I understand when he does it, but this more felt like him trying to make his presence felt and compensate with humor because he was insecure about his lack of knowledge. That's how it came off to me.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You wrote a whole paragraph and said nothing at all. You clearly didnt read where i said while he operates from a standpoint of racial divide existing it doesnt mean that he is is not right on some points. both can be true.

He's a grifter. it aint my fault if you cant recognize it.
I wouldn’t call him a grifter because he’s clearly not rich nor using the money to live an extravagant lifestyle.

Is he a terrible businessman with a bad business model of trying to run a school off donations? Absolutely. That’s not the same as being a grifter though.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I wouldn’t call him a grifter because he’s clearly not rich nor using the money to live an extravagant lifestyle.

Is he a terrible businessman with a bad business model of trying to run a school off donations? Absolutely. That’s not the same as being a grifter though.
Bruh is the worst thing to happened to the movement right alongside Tariq

Buffoons

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
This was the first Joe Budden podcast I watched in entirety .
It was basically a 5hr conversation between Dr. Umar and Ish.
I wasn't mad at it, they both obviously care but have different views, and for the most part seemed cordial, for a topic that gets very heated all the time.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Damn breh this is a harsh take. I don't totally disagree that Joe's knowledge base is limited but I thought he did a good job shutting the fukk up and playing a moderator role this ep. His quips were silly but I think he was just trying to lighten the tension at certain moments.
What’s harsh about that take by @FreshAIG

If it isn’t about tricking, strippers, the music business in 00s or being a shytty person in a relationship Joe knows nothing.

It’s why his interviews are so damn bad because he refuses to put in any research or work to get better or gain a better understanding. Which exposes his “dropped out at 9th grade” badge that he wears

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Nah I think he's right and Joe's behavior is the same shyt you see in school from kids who aren't learning. It's the classic 8th grade shyt where kids can't read and start making jokes or disrupting the class so nobody finds out. He's created and curated a worldview and expertise based on a limited amount of real world things he knows a lot about...specifically 90s-early 00s record label shyt. He applies it to everything because that's what he knows. Whenever he's complaining about a budget in a movie, he's applying record label logic because that's all he has. Any other issue is gonna garner jokes, snide remarks, or some type of personal anecdotal example that supports or contradicts the topic.