The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
All of Ish's points were based off anecdotal evidence and he personalized the discussion too much. Umar was speaking on things from a systemic perspective, and Ish kept relating things to his experiences.

Ish saying racism is dying down, a rich white man cares more about another rich black man than a poor white man, there being poor whites as evidence that capitalism doesn't involve race...him being a millionaire at 28 doesn't mean the country isn't racist.

He was speaking foolery.

I agree with Umar on some shyt, some I disagree with, but as smart as Ish wants to be, he relies too much on his own personal experiences as evidence when debating a much broader topic.
I basically don't agree with Umar on anything that isn't standard shyt that everyone agrees with.

But C/s on Ish always talking from his perspective or "I know a guy" therefore it should be true for everyone.

That's always a problem with people who equate making money with being intelligent and educated. Often it's people who make a lot of money doing basic labor (like Ish), like classic NJ republicans who say "my dad came to this country with nothing, started a scrap metal business and now I run the biggest car dealership in Essex county" and act like they know everything the best due to that. While in reality a dude who works at Starbucks might be a lot smarter and know a lot more, he just doesn't have the drive or business sense.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is. all his points stem from a racial divide. Its what he banks on. It doesnt mean that some of his points arent correct. Two things can be true.

His points don't "stem from a racial divide" - this is a foundational misunderstanding of his talking points, or at the very least a disingenuous, diminutive and reductive reframing of someone speaking about/against systemic racism. Umar speaks on historic and current systemic oppression of black people. Fact of the matter is that these systems exist and can be quantified simply by looking at socioeconomic factors and status of black people in general - historic or otherwise.

Furthermore; "he benefits from the racial divide he often speaks on" - is an ad-hominem with no purpose other than muddying the waters, as well as being outright idiotic. Umar would be better off if the systems he speaks on didn't exist - facts.

Also, what's the implication behind the statement - "the "racial divide" he constantly speaks of, benefits him as well. Bc if there was no racial divide, he'd not be as relevant"? Is he supposed to ignore/not speak on them because it's perceived as beneficial for him to do so? "If there was no racial divide" - well, if you had wheels, you'd be a bicycle.

Umar should be scrutinized on the information he presents and/or the supposed actions he's taking/taken to subvert some of the ills in the community. Not because he speaks against systemic oppression, that's retarded

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
On one of the patreon episoded, flip was feeling mel up

talking bout your hands not usually cold

dude a weirdo around mel

Ish and joe was looking at him like he was nuts
Joe was probably like

I recognize those creep tactics

That's my game!

Or he didn't want another sexual harassment scandal

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
His points don't "stem from a racial divide" - this is a foundational misunderstanding of his talking points, or at the very least a disingenuous, diminutive and reductive reframing of someone speaking about/against systemic racism. Umar speaks on historic and current systemic oppression of black people. Fact of the matter is that these systems exist and can be quantified simply by looking at socioeconomic factors and status of black people in general - historic or otherwise.

Furthermore; "he benefits from the racial divide he often speaks on" - is an ad-hominem with no purpose other than muddying the waters, as well as being outright idiotic. Umar would be better off if the systems he speaks on didn't exist - facts.

Also, what's the implication behind the statement - "the "racial divide" he constantly speaks of, benefits him as well. Bc if there was no racial divide, he'd not be as relevant"? Is he supposed to ignore/not speak on them because it's perceived as beneficial for him to do so? "If there was no racial divide" - well, if you had wheels, you'd be a bicycle.

Umar should be scrutinized on the information he presents and/or the supposed actions he's taking/taken to subvert some of the ills in the community. Not because he speaks against systemic oppression, that's retarded
You wrote a whole paragraph and said nothing at all. You clearly didnt read where i said while he operates from a standpoint of racial divide existing it doesnt mean that he is is not right on some points. both can be true.

He's a grifter. it aint my fault if you cant recognize it.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wrote a whole paragraph and said nothing at all. You clearly didnt read where i said while he operates from a standpoint of racial divide existing it doesnt mean that he is is not right on some points. both can be true.

He's a grifter. it aint my fault if you cant recognize it.

Paragraphs are the foundation of message boards. This ain't Tik Tok

You're lacking in comprehension skills. You evidently have a thing against paragraphs, but please read more in your free time, you need it. I'm not contesting nor talking about your statement that multiple things can be true. I'm talking about your ad-hominem and obtuse assertions that lead to nothing but circular conversations and muddying the waters. Found here:

the "racial divide" he constantly speaks of, benefits him as well. Bc if there was no racial divide, he'd not be as relevant.

simply answer these questions without angling and maneuvering - what's the implication behind the statement - "the "racial divide" he constantly speaks of, benefits him as well. Bc if there was no racial divide, he'd not be as relevant"? Is he supposed to ignore/not speak on them because it's perceived as beneficial for him to do so?

Lastly, regarding Umar being a grifter - I literally said this -> Umar should be scrutinized on the information he presents and/or the supposed actions he's taking/taken to subvert some of the ills in the community. Not because he speaks against systemic oppression, that's retarded.

The literacy levels on this board are :mjlol:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Ish did all that bad. Umar was gonna win off the bunny hopping angle :mjlol: but Ish held his own.

Emanny is the MVP of the episode though. Flip when he did speak actually had some decent pushback. :dame: He shouldn't have bailed.

lib123

All Star
Daps
All of Ish's points were based off anecdotal evidence and he personalized the discussion too much. Umar was speaking on things from a systemic perspective, and Ish kept relating things to his experiences.

Ish saying racism is dying down, a rich white man cares more about another rich black man than a poor white man, there being poor whites as evidence that capitalism doesn't involve race...him being a millionaire at 28 doesn't mean the country isn't racist.

He was speaking foolery.

I agree with Umar on some shyt, some I disagree with, but as smart as Ish wants to be, he relies too much on his own personal experiences as evidence when debating a much broader topic.

Yeah and I call cap on Ish being a millionaire at 28. I remember on a pod last year where they were talking about average salaries by age he said he would’ve been hyped if he was making $80-90K when he was 27.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This conversation also highlighted how uneducated Joe is when it comes to topics unrelated to music and women of the night life. He has a very limited understanding of basic economics, social structures, history, etc...It was always known he wasn't book smart, but it was like a red bullseye during these debates. He basically played the role that Flip constantly plays when they discuss topics he's not educated on. But at least with Flip, there's an element of him trying to learn on certain topics where he knows he lacks the knowledge. With Joe, it's very apparent he cannot be an adult when discussions are above his pay grade. He resorts to juvenile quips to make his presence known, it's actually sad.

It's okay to know what you know and not participate if you're not knowledgeable on the topic, but instead of listening in and trying to gain understanding, he tried to play the jokester role, and it came off very pathetic.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This conversation also highlighted how uneducated Joe is when it comes to topics unrelated to music and women of the night life. He has a very limited understanding of basic economics, social structures, history, etc...It was always known he wasn't book smart, but it was like a red bullseye during these debates. He basically played the role that Flip constantly plays when they discuss topics he's not educated on. But at least with Flip, there's an element of him trying to learn on certain topics where he knows he lacks the knowledge. With Joe, it's very apparent he cannot be an adult when discussions are above his pay grade. He resorts to juvenile quips to make his presence known, it's actually sad.

It's okay to know what you know and not participate if you're not knowledgeable on the topic, but instead of listening in and trying to gain understanding, he tried to play the jokester role, and it came off very pathetic.
The most they know how to do on on topics is talk about child support and give tears when a rapper gets killed

Majority of hip hop and what it's producing now is useless

"Buy back the block! Generational wealth!"

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That’s why he be on some jealous, hater shyt with ish at times….. When ish bounces around to these platforms and has those discussions he always feels a way. Joe is a damn fool

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn breh this is a harsh take. I don't totally disagree that Joe's knowledge base is limited but I thought he did a good job shutting the fukk up and playing a moderator role this ep. His quips were silly but I think he was just trying to lighten the tension at certain moments.