The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
From what Rory says looks like each were getting 40K a month :damn:
People forgot the biggest issue Joe had with R&M was that he regretted signing that contract with them before the pod made any money. It ended up being a situation where R&M were being paid way more than Joe felt they were worth.

Joe made comments about putting them on salary once the contract ended, and mentioned that he could replace them for a fraction of what one of them made.

I feel like the main reason Joe didn't wanna give them access to the accounting is because his ego wouldn't allow him to view R&M as business partners. They started the podcast as partners, but Joe stopped seeing it like that once millions were involved. To Joe, it was like the janitor demanding the accounting.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Girthy Gary and the manty liners lmao

“I got shot, then started losing my hair

Damn what they shoot you with?

Bear Mace”

This Bear Mace patreon episode got the jokes

s@n

All Star
Daps
Wasn't that 40k just a one time bonus that they got during one of the deals Joe made and then people took it and ran with it like that was status quo?

In any case, that's def too much for Mal depending on the time period with him on his phone more than participating.
That entire era (end of Park's second spot though to the split), the running joke was on how Mal was a) never on time, and b) didn't do shyt except look at his phone and pop up with a "yo, that's crazy" every now and again. That he thought/thinks that was worth 40K a month to anybody is beyond me.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
That entire era (end of Park's second spot though to the split), the running joke was on how Mal was a) never on time, and b) didn't do shyt except look at his phone and pop up with a "yo, that's crazy" every now and again. That he thought/thinks that was worth 40K a month to anybody is beyond me.
I hate how some people like to belittle Mal's contribution to the podcast.
I listened from Episode 1, when Marissa used to spend half the podcast talking about her hoe escapades and Joe would talk crazy to her. The podcast hit its stride when Mal joined. Joe, Rory and Mal built this podcast. Rory and Mal deserved to be paid and respected.

s@n

All Star
Daps
I listened from Episode 1, when Marissa used to spend half the podcast talking about her hoe escapades and Joe would talk crazy to her. The podcast hit its stride when Mal joined. Joe, Rory and Mal built this podcast. Rory and Mal deserved to be paid and respected.
I respect your thoughts. To me as a non-Day One listener, the-of was garbage in that area. It was not entertaining to see Rory shoot at Joe and Mal looking like a big autistic Milk Dud. He may have built the pod, but it was clearly stagnating and his name wasn't on the deed. It's a tough lesson, but it's one that myself and countless others have learned. That's essentially the food industry; you can be an amazing cook on a line and help earn your spot a Michelin star or two, but if you aren't part of that ownership group, it would be foolish of you to expect the same recompense as them, no matter how integral you are to the process. And frankly, that's the most generous assessment of Mal that I can offer. He's a decent cook. Decent. The JBP is doing excellent numbers without him while he is doing a moderately elevated version of the same shyt he was pulling on the old pod. They've had to bring in 3 (3!) additional voices to assist him and Rory. That's telling.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I respect your thoughts. To me as a non-Day One listener, the-of was garbage in that area. It was not entertaining to see Rory shoot at Joe and Mal looking like a big autistic Milk Dud. He may have built the pod, but it was clearly stagnating and his joname wasn't on the deed. It's a tough lesson, but it's one that myself and countless others have learned. That's essentially the food industry; you can be an amazing cook on a line and help earn your spot a Michelin star or two, but if you aren't part of that ownership group, it would be foolish of you to expect the same recompense as them, no matter how integral you are to the process. And frankly, that's the most generous assessment of Mal that I can offer. He's a decent cook. Decent. The JBP is doing excellent numbers without him while he is doing a moderately elevated version of the same shyt he was pulling on the old pod. They've had to bring in 3 (3!) additional voices to assist him and Rory. That's telling.
You are changing the narrative. Joe really did jerked them nikkas. He signed a contract. Anything else is white noise. Pod can be entertaining so nikkas keep listening. Thats fine too. To me Joe is not for the "creative" Like he want people to believe. Hes out there for him and he did to them what he shts on others for having done to him. Thats fine too.

He could have taken the spotify money, on that 2 yr contract, give them nikkas what they were owed, and still have millions. 2 yr went by quickly. What is he doing now? Hes on spotify for FREE. Anybody who takes business advice from him, is stupid :heh:

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

I liked Marissa Heaux Tales :yeshrug: True freak :wow:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I respect your thoughts. To me as a non-Day One listener, the-of was garbage in that area. It was not entertaining to see Rory shoot at Joe and Mal looking like a big autistic Milk Dud. He may have built the pod, but it was clearly stagnating and his name wasn't on the deed. It's a tough lesson, but it's one that myself and countless others have learned. That's essentially the food industry; you can be an amazing cook on a line and help earn your spot a Michelin star or two, but if you aren't part of that ownership group, it would be foolish of you to expect the same recompense as them, no matter how integral you are to the process. And frankly, that's the most generous assessment of Mal that I can offer. He's a decent cook. Decent. The JBP is doing excellent numbers without him while he is doing a moderately elevated version of the same shyt he was pulling on the old pod. They've had to bring in 3 (3!) additional voices to assist him and Rory. That's telling.

Joe brought in 2 additional voices as well

Like mal or not…they were doing numbers, the show was generally entertaining (the last month or so was weird while they were obviously feuding)

The r&m era of JBP is their golden era…they deserved more respect than they were given , and money too..relative to whatever type of money was being generated by that show overall

Joe fukked up…mal stood on business..Rory beat around the bush but ultimately feels similar to mal… it’s pretty simple

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
You are changing the narrative. Joe really did jerked them nikkas. He signed a contract. Anything else is white noise. Pod can be entertaining so nikkas keep listening. Thats fine too. To me Joe is not for the "creative" Like he want people to believe. Hes out there for him and he did to them what he shts on others for having done to him. Thats fine too.

He could have taken the spotify money, on that 2 yr contract, give them nikkas what they were owed, and still have millions. 2 yr went by quickly. What is he doing now? Hes on spotify for FREE. Anybody who takes business advice from him, is stupid :heh:
Can you imagine being Rory and Mal while Joe is wildin out on Spotify every other episode towards the end of that contract?
Randomly bringing up contracts worth tens of millions of dollars that he turned down without even discussing it with them.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Can you imagine being Rory and Mal while Joe is wildin out on Spotify every other episode towards the end of that contract?
Randomly bringing up contracts worth tens of millions of dollars that he turned down without even discussing it with them.
Them nikkas said they found out about Patreon on air :heh:

Joe was negotiating with spotify like he was joe rogan. Charlamagne was right when he said joe knows his value but dont know how to negotiate.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that was nuts (in the end he was right) but when he said Triller offered them a blank check and he turned it down without ever talking to them about it.