The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Rory and Mal said their revenue share was 1%, they were largely paid based on salary.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Flip a creep ass nicca and be tryna hide behind that "you my sister, Mel" bullshyt and Joe call his horny on it every time 😂. Mf acting like he wouldn't try to pop the min she was drunk and he was the last one in NY or sum shyt. Ain't nothing wrong with feeling her from afar but that nicca be all up on her space :deadrose:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Rory and Mal said their revenue share was 1%, they were largely paid based on salary.
When did they say that? All I’ve heard both sides say was that they were supposed to be paid strictly off revenue share and Joe wanted to move them to a salary structure.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Flip a creep ass nicca and be tryna hide behind that "you my sister, Mel" bullshyt and Joe call his horny on it every time 😂. Mf acting like he wouldn't try to pop the min she was drunk and he was the last one in NY or sum shyt. Ain't nothing wrong with feeling her from afar but that nicca be all up on her space :deadrose:
last one in NY is wild :mjlol:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It seemed pretty obvious to me Joe fukked them through contract language. Joe even basically gloated saying "it's not my fault you signed a bad contract" in one of his response videos.

So basically they all agree to a profit split of like 70/15/15 for podcast profits. When Joe signs to Spotify he signs the contract under Joe Budden Productions to produce content for Spotify. This allows Joe Budden Productions to then divvy up what he wants to the podcast and to produce additional content. Say the deal is 10 million. That let's Joe dedicate 5 million to the JBP and use the other 5 million towards the other network shows. It also gives him room to put his personal expenses as business expenses before profitability is determined (i.e. cars, new teeth, drivers, personal chefs). It would also leave Joe room to pay himself a salary as the head of Joe Budden Productions before any of the money makes its way to be considered as the JBP revenue.

That would leave R&M no room to see since their profit only comes out after expenses are settled (which Joe says in the contract he has the right to determine expenses).

At least that's how I think it shook out and why R&M can't sue since Joe signed the spotify deal under a production company.
I could believe that except he went through the motions of sending them the fake excel sheet

If he did that knowing he schemed them, that's diabolical behavior

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
When did they say that? All I’ve heard both sides say was that they were supposed to be paid strictly off revenue share and Joe wanted to move them to a salary structure.
They talked about it in one of their earlier videos when all this happened. They were on salary, but also had a 1% revenue share, which is why they asked to look at the books and the 400k stuff came in. I'll try to find a vid

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
They talked about it in one of their earlier videos when all this happened. They were on salary, but also had a 1% revenue share, which is why they asked to look at the books and the 400k stuff came in. I'll try to find a vid

I could be wrong but I don’t think they were ever on salary. I thought one of the things mentioned was that Joe was trying to move them to salary once their contract was up.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You might be mistaken, I remember them saying that they had a revenue share agreement but Joe wanted to put them on a salary.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about it any more

I'm sure Joe did them dirty, but they keep crying when he throws shots

There's an easy way to settle it, and that's to sue

I'd definitely do it if a dude kept bringing my name through the dirt

At minimum I'd start the process, and if we settle, a public apology has to be given, and dude has to show the contract live on air apologizing

Exactly.

If so much money is at stake, why not sue? The guys that thought an excel spreadsheet was not official accounting are either too dumb or don't have an actual case. Budden is a dikkhead but these guys are no better. A career hanger on and a culture vulture feel disenfranchised, woe is me.