The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I respect your thoughts. To me as a non-Day One listener, the-of was garbage in that area. It was not entertaining to see Rory shoot at Joe and Mal looking like a big autistic Milk Dud. He may have built the pod, but it was clearly stagnating and his name wasn't on the deed. It's a tough lesson, but it's one that myself and countless others have learned. That's essentially the food industry; you can be an amazing cook on a line and help earn your spot a Michelin star or two, but if you aren't part of that ownership group, it would be foolish of you to expect the same recompense as them, no matter how integral you are to the process. And frankly, that's the most generous assessment of Mal that I can offer. He's a decent cook. Decent. The JBP is doing excellent numbers without him while he is doing a moderately elevated version of the same shyt he was pulling on the old pod. They've had to bring in 3 (3!) additional voices to assist him and Rory. That's telling.
A deal is a deal breh, I dont care how boring you felt those guys were in the last few years. Joe was wrong for not honoring his side of the deal.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I hate how some people like to belittle Mal's contribution to the podcast.
I listened from Episode 1, when Marissa used to spend half the podcast talking about her hoe escapades and Joe would talk crazy to her. The podcast hit its stride when Mal joined. Joe, Rory and Mal built this podcast. Rory and Mal deserved to be paid and respected.

That's why I said it depends on the time period cuz for a min, he was shooting like prime Klay Thompson. Then whether because of the behind the scenes shyt or just getting comfortable, he was performing more like current day Klay Thompson. Nobody can deny the classics they made when it was all in sync though. You'd be fronting otherwise.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Thats what Rory says, but his actions tells something different. He be getting ride to his car from joe and sht, telling joe about his life...and joining Joe's ig lives. He's a fan :heh:
Honestly Mal was better off making a podcast without Rory

The Box Office shyt that he made before was more interesting

They really have nothing in common

If it was Mal and another hood dude talking shyt, I'd be all in

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Flip inserted himself into some shyt he wasnt even in

all cause he gotta dikk ride joe so heavy

Flip thru a shot first then tried to play victim then tried to play that rory a white boy culture vulture shyt its black people business shyt

dude is certified clown
I had more respect for him before he did JBP

I thought he was a real one

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Exactly. Anything else is straw man argument. Let's deal in facts.
I don't care about it any more

I'm sure Joe did them dirty, but they keep crying when he throws shots

There's an easy way to settle it, and that's to sue

I'd definitely do it if a dude kept bringing my name through the dirt

At minimum I'd start the process, and if we settle, a public apology has to be given, and dude has to show the contract live on air apologizing

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Mal seems like a loyal dude to a fault. The rare type that seems to cares more about respect than money. Mal didn't even care that Joe was possibly robbing him, he cared more about how Joe spoke to him.

I don't think he'd ever split with rory unless rory gives him a reason, even if he could make more money with someone else.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

It seemed pretty obvious to me Joe fukked them through contract language. Joe even basically gloated saying "it's not my fault you signed a bad contract" in one of his response videos.

So basically they all agree to a profit split of like 70/15/15 for podcast profits. When Joe signs to Spotify he signs the contract under Joe Budden Productions to produce content for Spotify. This allows Joe Budden Productions to then divvy up what he wants to the podcast and to produce additional content. Say the deal is 10 million. That let's Joe dedicate 5 million to the JBP and use the other 5 million towards the other network shows. It also gives him room to put his personal expenses as business expenses before profitability is determined (i.e. cars, new teeth, drivers, personal chefs). It would also leave Joe room to pay himself a salary as the head of Joe Budden Productions before any of the money makes its way to be considered as the JBP revenue.

That would leave R&M no room to see since their profit only comes out after expenses are settled (which Joe says in the contract he has the right to determine expenses).

At least that's how I think it shook out and why R&M can't sue since Joe signed the spotify deal under a production company.