The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yea that was on gill tbh. He came with a deal and dev was explaining why he felt he deserved more and you know he went crazy and started to disrespect the man. Foul shyt. Didn’t even leave room to negotiate lol.

I still listened for a bit, until they went the interview route, when Tony the closer starts coming on the show and he was clearly paying them to promote a scam I stop listening
Yea, Gillie always viewed dev as just the "nerd nikka". But that nerd was putting all that shyt in motion for him and wallo lol.
I stopped listening when they went the interview route too. The interview shyt(for any pod) doesnt do anything for me tbh. I enjoyed their regular pod way more, w/o the guests.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yea, Gillie always viewed dev as just the "nerd nikka". But that nerd was putting all that shyt in motion for him and wallo lol.
I stopped listening when they went the interview route too. The interview shyt(for any pod) doesnt do anything for me tbh. I enjoyed their regular pod way more, w/o the guests.
Yea they was way funnier and spoke on real shyt more.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
You don’t know that. They signed a deal with barstool, which probably takes a big part of the ad money now.

That’s how deals work, when you Indy you can take 100%. But when you sign a deal, especially in the amount they supposedly signed the company you signed with takes a pretty big cut

I’m sure they get paid a decent amount from Amsterdam now, but back then I doubt it, shyt they didn’t have enough money at the time to pay dev for studio time and got him to do it for free. And soon as they sign with barstool they tried to pay that nikka 50k a year :dead:

And said fukk the amount of work he did for free for a year.
I think they talk about it in their episode with Akademiks but they get their own ads and own 100% of MDWG. They have a licensing deal with Barstool, It’s not a generic podcast deal.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don't do just the Gillie and Wallo banter for the whole show ish no more? Dammmmn man, that shyt was for real like a hood comedy podcast, lol, fire. I aint watch none of it since they slimed Dev.

That interview ish is a cheat code kind of, it aint really saying ish about you and your connection with the people...the people just wanna hear their favorite artists/celebs shoot the sh!t. Buddens, hate him or love him, is that nig for real, salute to him, people tune in just to hear him do him.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They don't do just the Gillie and Wallo banter for the whole show ish no more? Dammmmn man, that shyt was for real like a hood comedy podcast, lol, fire. I aint watch none of it since they slimed Dev.

That interview ish is a cheat code kind of, it aint really saying ish about you and your connection with the people...the people just wanna hear their favorite artists/celebs shoot the sh!t. Buddens, hate him or love him, is that nig for real, salute to him, people tune in just to hear him do him.
I kinda understand why they stopped. How long could wallo carry the show fr. He would carry with his stories from the cell and others and gillie would piggy back off it with game also.

But now they have they format and I respect it cause I was a fan from day 1 and am happy for them fr. They on cruse control now as the hood/promo l/interview pod.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Looks like they have a guest interview every episode now. Im sure Wallo still drops knowledge now, just intertwined with the lessons that maybe the guest can learn(Young Thug clips come to mind). But I doubt it's the same as them on their own playing off each other.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
The ads make Gillies pod unbearable.

It’s so trash.

I’m so confused he thinks those ad reads and 30 minute podcast infomercials in the middle of the audio pod are signs of strength.

You would think they would be the ones proud to have no ads. shyt is weird and corny.

I remember listening to Gille and Wallo and out of no where there was like a ad/interview for some trucking company. It has nothing to do with the pod :gucci:

Then I listened to a couple more eps and realized this is what they do :childplease:

I feel the same way with Mal telling me McDonalds chicken sandwiches changed the game. :beli:

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
I remember listening to Gille and Wallo and out of no where there was like a ad/interview for some trucking company. It has nothing to do with the pod :gucci:

Then I listened to a couple more eps and realized this is what they do :childplease:

I feel the same way with Mal telling me McDonalds chicken sandwiches changed the game. :beli:
They should be embarrassed. The nerve of these nikkas to step to a nikka with no ads like this smh

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
R&M got some cringy ad reads.

There was this applebees one where Mal sounded excited as hell, and this latest one for Captn Crunch is just...weird. They don't esem like the Captn Crunch type