The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
ohhhhhh ice made a great point why it’s possible jim jones jumped out the window with that pusha t comment out of nowhere…I forgot about the apollo shyt with drake lol

Just goes to show how Drake or his team be playing some of these dumb nikkas like pawns. Jim Jones was always kind of the slower little brother out of the Dip Set crew.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Just goes to show how Drake or his team be playing some of these dumb nikkas like pawns. Jim Jones was always kind of the slower little brother out of the Dip Set crew.
Or just maybe he don’t think pusha should be top 50. A lot of people feel that way. Even tho pusha is great at what he does. It’s atleast 20-30 from the south alone most people would put over push.

And I’m a fan of push for real.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Maybe he thinks he just isn’t top 50, cause the only album that made noise was cause he revealed that Drake had a kid. Any IG post doing that would go viral.

When you actually start seeing top 50 lists, you quickly realize that through time there’s been a lot of great rappers. Push not being top 50 is not that wild, a lot of people thought Malice was the best in the clipse and he’s never included.

You’ll see people like Killer Mike or Kool G left off lists too. Nobody complains, but when they are on them, nobody complains.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Or just maybe he don’t think pusha should be top 50. A lot of people feel that way. Even tho pusha is great at what he does. It’s atleast 20-30 from the south alone most people would put over push.

Especially when Jones laid out his criteria for what he means by a top rapper, which includes things like impact and commercial success. Which is why he said Big Sean deserved to be in the list over Pusha. The only thing that would make me think he was capping for Drake would be if he picked Pusha out himself or if the interviewer asked him about Pusha specifically.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)

Maybe he thinks he just isn’t top 50, cause the only album that made noise was cause he revealed that Drake had a kid. Any IG post doing that would go viral.

When you actually start seeing top 50 lists, you quickly realize that through time there’s been a lot of great rappers. Push not being top 50 is not that wild, a lot of people thought Malice was the best in the clipse and he’s never included.

You’ll see people like Killer Mike or Kool G left off lists too. Nobody complains, but when they are on them, nobody complains.

So, why would Jim Jones randomly jump out the window on Pusha T? nikka ain’t said nothing about the Clipse or the Neptunes in 20+ years. Why start now?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
It's cool to feel that Push doesn't belong in the top 50 (even though I don't agree), but Jim jumped out the window talking about bricks he probably never touched, nobody wanted to dress like him, etc. Lol I remember the Clipse had a clothing line, but maybe that's just me. :yeshrug:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
It's cool to feel that Push doesn't belong in the top 50 (even though I don't agree), but Jim jumped out the window talking about bricks he probably never touched, nobody wanted to dress like him, etc. Lol I remember the Clipse had a clothing line, but maybe that's just me. :yeshrug:
yea the "bricks he never sold" part was extra :mjlol:
Didnt they diss wayne for stealing their style? It was always rumored this was a diss to Wayne and the lame dude was pose to be Wayne.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
why do people still use “i dont hear that shyt in the clubs” as a metric still?
Because music is largely a social experience

if you’re out in social settings or even kicking back with friends and family the music thats Going to be played are The hits and Relevant artist of today and the hits of the past

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You can easily tell the story of hiphop without mentioning pusha T.

because a lot y’all think he’s a great lyricist don’t mean much in the overall landscape of hiphop

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because music is largely a social experience

if you’re out in social settings or even kicking back with friends and family the music thats Going to be played are The hits and Relevant artist of today and the hits of the past

Who on that top 50 list besides drake plays in the club?

Internet just had an entire discussion about how Jay Z is “Scare the hoes” music.

tay1

All Star
Daps
Just listened to a clip and I missed when Joe called Rory “bare” . What episode or Patreon was this?

:mjlol: