The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
flip going off on joe shorts :dead:

joe do come across as the type who just focus on how much something cost tho lol

*edit*

I jumped to where flip roasted him but I’m listening to the intro and see that joe got on him first lmaoooooo 😂

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
flip going off on joe shorts :dead:

joe do come across as the type who just focus on how much something cost tho lol

*edit*

I jumped to where flip roasted him but I’m listening to the intro and see that joe got on him first lmaoooooo 😂
Joe is prime example of you don’t have any fashion sense when you’re broke then nothing will change when you’re rich

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Who on that top 50 list besides drake plays in the club?

Internet just had an entire discussion about how Jay Z is “Scare the hoes” music.
I don’t know who was on the list but when Jay z was relevant there would be nightly Jay z setlist.

You’re music being popular and having casual fans embrace it absolutely matters, it’s what matter the most

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This Frank Ocean Coachella stuff highlights one of joes best takes

Artist that don’t release music regularly are given so much grace
I always thought that was a bad opinion that sounds more like consumerism than art. Most of the noteworthy black artists who take time to release music have extremely loyal fanbases who are there to support whenever. Frank could drop an album next week with no single and it would sell well, be all over social media, etc. There's this weird entitlement at play where it's "you've been gone so long, you need to do exactly what I want or else" but that's not a majority opinion.

Sounds like his set was a mixed bag. Sounds like he's still dealing with the loss of his brother. Sounds like he's still doing what he wants, when he wants. And that's...fine. Not everything has to fit into this weird ass, nauseating consumer focus.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's cool to feel that Push doesn't belong in the top 50 (even though I don't agree), but Jim jumped out the window talking about bricks he probably never touched, nobody wanted to dress like him, etc. Lol I remember the Clipse had a clothing line, but maybe that's just me. :yeshrug:
I mean, that whole Beef with Wayne was about him copying the Bape (Hypebeast Street Culture before it was actually a thing style that Pharrell & The Clipse were pushing so yeah, that was kind of goofy to say they didnt have impact. Let alone, having everybody runnin' to the Neptunes for that Grindin' sound etc.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why is that a surprise? He got us late millenials with Nostalgia, Ultra/Channel Orange then got Gen Z with Blonde.
Not to mention the bi/queer stuff appeals to a lot of younger fans. He transcends music for a lot of people and the love he gets is crazy. So it's not a matter of "grace" or giving him a mulligan because he released good music in the past...people legitimately love that dude and identify with him. That's not gonna change because the nikka did some remixes at Coachella and pops outside once a year.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I always thought that was a bad opinion that sounds more like consumerism than art. Most of the noteworthy black artists who take time to release music have extremely loyal fanbases who are there to support whenever. Frank could drop an album next week with no single and it would sell well, be all over social media, etc. There's this weird entitlement at play where it's "you've been gone so long, you need to do exactly what I want or else" but that's not a majority opinion.

Sounds like his set was a mixed bag. Sounds like he's still dealing with the loss of his brother. Sounds like he's still doing what he wants, when he wants. And that's...fine. Not everything has to fit into this weird ass, nauseating consumer focus.
That’s what Joe was saying artist that don’t drop regularly usually get whatever they release or leak propped up as really good work because the Stan’s are so starved for new music. I forgot what artist they were speaking about