The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
:francis:

Can't be a good sign that Ice is doing a live stream at the same that the pod is usually recorded.

Ehh....Ice been doing his 1-2 outside the pod. Plus even if he wasn't there, Joe said he would mix it up to see who works best wit who, if there's any difference, etc.

Now, if you see Ish wit "That's That Ish" going Live on Youtube or sum shyt, it'll be suspect.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
And gets clapped after a month and most people, genuinely wanna support even outside of receiving the content for free

Agree to disagree. $1000-5000 ad reads aren't a make it or break it thing, especially if you're convinced him being on Patreon is unsustainable

There's a reason why more and more creators are going to Patreon or live streaming, and it's not bc consumer spending on content like that is going down..

Not to mention the amp deal he has you keep downplaying. I'm pretty sure they're straight lol
I don’t know man BI and flagrant make bank off ads.

Joe Rogan still had ads right ?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I don’t know man BI and flagrant make bank off ads.

Joe Rogan still had ads right ?

I mean so? Even Mr beast said those are like $10k most usually. Easy to offset with Patreon. Which a lot of people do.

Is the extra income nice? Sure. But there's a reason why a lot of people are able to survive without them and it's far from a make or break thing.

Remember this was a point of contention with Spotify and everybody swore they would be over with after losing that and the cashapp deal, just for the Patreon to be incredibly successful.

The content monetization method has been changing. And there's a reason why Patreon has become as big as it has been, with the pandemic even making it more popular as people wanted to support their favorite content creators.

Kai has grown tremendously through twitch with is 0 sponsored ads and he's making $500k+ a month just off people paying $5 a month, not even counting donations.

There is literally nothing at all pointing towards not doing sponsored ad reads as a failure of the creator or even missing out on tons of money. It's actually been the opposite

Flagrant also has a Patreon where they're making $80k a month. That's a million extra a year

The sponsored ads would probably bring in $3600 an episode going off average cpm for 1000 views/listens, so what an extra $100k a year when they're making 10x that without breaking the flow of the podcast or selling a product you don't use or wanna sell.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

The JBP returns after taking the weekend off as the gang starts by discussing The Oscars, which took place on Sunday (12:34). Troy Ave testifies on the fatal shooting at Irving Plaza in 2016 (35:00), Logic responds to recent backlash over his Ice Cube cover (58:27), and *Spoiler Alert* Joe and the gang recap BMF’s latest episode which leads to a topic about cheating (1:16:30). Also, Silicon Valley Bank collapses (1:41:11), the two brothers who helped attack Jussie Smollett break their silence (2:01:11), pictures of Ja Morant at a strip club release (2:29:27), + MORE! Become a Patron of The Joe Budden Podcast for additional bonus episodes and visual content for all things JBP.: Tap in here Sleeper Picks: Joe | Cleo Sol - “Sweet Blue” Ice | Arsonal da Rebel (feat. FL3A) - “Oppaversary” Parks | Radamiz, Wiki, & Dom McLennon - “Big Pharma” Ish | JAHKOY - “Bitter” Flip | Honey Bxby - “Trouble”

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Restoring vintage couches. Flip a nut :russ:

And these niccas having the same realization I had when checking JLC's filmography. You think she's been in way more doper shyt than she's actually been in til you see a million Halloweens and 'A Fish Called Wanda' in the tuck 😂

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Is Flip serious asking who didn’t suffer in hiphop from telling?

Everyone that has documented snitching allegations career died

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:russ: @ that Logic clip. where the fukk is that from?

i get that he can be left alone and not picked on, but if he's doing public interviews and continuously talking about the heritage topic it should be fair game to discuss/criticize.

Blossom

alien superstar.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
flip and joe asking for $500 from the chat on youtube live to spin the wheel is some nasty work lol. i understand content creators accept tips but why not let them come in organically?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
flip and joe asking for $500 from the chat on youtube live to spin the wheel is some nasty work lol. i understand content creators accept tips but why not let them come in organically?

Yeah kinda defeats the point