The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
1. You can find Patreon content for free too. It even gets posted in this thread...

I meant Youtube advertisers as in "the episode is sponsored by..." shyt. I get that his videos have ads, unless you use adblock like me. And I'm sure he makes money off that, getting hundreds of thousands of views a month. Plus pateron. I'm just saying this is not sustainable in a market where content creators are losing money and doing everything possible to force content/engagement. I think he's gonna get aged out of this game and without a deal to rely on it could get ugly.
1. You got nikkas that bootleg PPVs.........should companies stop doing PPVS? No. He still has a core of hardcore fans that will pay for his content. Finding the patreon shyt is a hassle too. The fact that he removed the $5 tier says he is doing very good patreon wise.

2. Oh, you been talking about the mid roll ad shyt? Those arent youtube advertisers. Those are ads that the podcasters get on their own. He aint really never dealt with ads for the main podcast like that iirc. He went over this years ago. He said those ads be cheap as hell, he said when CTG etc be reading them, they only get a few hundred dollars to do them, not no big money. This was when he had Rory and Mal on. The only time I actually remember him having mid roll type ads on the main pod was the cashapp shyt. And he brought that over from the deal he had with CashApp for the pull up episodes to help feed Rory and Mal when the spotify deal ended.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
1. You got nikkas that bootleg PPVs.........should companies stop doing PPVS? No. He still has a core of hardcore fans that will pay for his content. Finding the patreon shyt is a hassle too. The fact that he removed the $5 tier says he is doing very good patreon wise.

2. Oh, you been talking about the mid roll ad shyt? Those arent youtube advertisers. Those are ads that the podcasters get on their own. He aint really never dealt with ads for the main podcast like that iirc. He went over this years ago. He said those ads be cheap as hell, he said when CTG etc be reading them, they only get a few hundred dollars to do them, not no big money. This was when he had Rory and Mal on. The only time I actually remember him having mid roll type ads on the main pod was the cashapp shyt. And he brought that over from the deal he had with CashApp for the pull up episodes to help feed Rory and Mal when the spotify deal ended.
Are y'all sure he removed the $5 tier? I see it there still when going to his Patreon page.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
There’s a black Ian and Joe’s manager is the white Ian?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If Joe is still not a YouTube partner and therefore makes zero revenue from YouTube then how is he making enough money from the podcast to pay his staffs salary and all the production expenses

because I refuse to believe the money he's making off patreon is enough to cover all the expense and still eat off of

Can someone enlighten me
Joe makes money from youtube

Jalether

Superstar
Daps

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Where are you getting this YouTube partner thing at?

Did he say they werent monetized? That's literally all being a partner is.
partner is the official name for YouTube monetization.

I'm pretty sure Joe has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't have ads on his YouTube videos because it wouldn't be fair on the fans and diminishes the quality of the content

This was in the old, Rory and mal days though, perhaps he's gone in a different direction

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
partner is the official name for YouTube monetization.

I'm pretty sure Joe has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't have ads on his YouTube videos because it wouldn't be fair on the fans and diminishes the quality of the content

This was in the old, Rory and mal days though, perhaps he's gone in a different direction

I know what it is. They were referring to sponsored ads like stopping the show to advertise a product.

Not the YouTube ads before watching the videos or things like that.

and you can do those without being a YouTube partner. Being a YouTube partner only means you get paid off the ads before video.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Just had chatgpt write a fictional argument joe might have with Ish and Ice and lmaooooo

Sure, here's a fictional argument that Joe Budden might have with his new co-hosts, Ice and Ish:

Joe: "Yo, what the hell is going on with you guys? You're not bringing any energy to the show. It's like you don't even care."

Ice: "What are you talking about, Joe? We're just trying to keep it mellow and chill."

Ish: "Yeah, we don't need to be screaming and yelling all the time. We can have a conversation without raising our voices."

Joe: "That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you're not engaging with the topics. You're not giving any strong opinions. You're just sitting there."

Ice: "Well, maybe we don't have as strong opinions as you do, Joe. Maybe we just see things differently."

Ish: "Yeah, we're not always going to agree with you, Joe. That's what makes the show interesting."

Joe: "I'm not asking you to agree with me all the time, but I need you guys to have some passion about something. Anything! You're like robots sitting there."

Ice: "We're not robots, Joe. We just have a different style."

Ish: "Yeah, we don't need to be over the top all the time. We can be subtle and nuanced."

Joe: "Subtle and nuanced? What the hell does that even mean? Look, I brought you guys on because I thought you had something to offer. But if you're not going to bring it, then maybe it's time to find some new co-hosts."

Ice: "Woah, woah, woah, Joe. Let's not jump to conclusions here. We're still finding our footing on the show. Give us some time."

Ish: "Yeah, we'll step it up. Just give us a chance."

Joe: "Alright, fine. But I need to see some improvement. And I need to see it fast. We're losing listeners because of this."