The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
He definitely makes money from YouTube and he has a show two days a week on Amazon Amp. They use his face on some of the ads and a billboard so I’m sure the money is good.
How if his youtube videos have no ads, therefore not monetized. I wasn't aware there's another way to make money on youtube

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
He's demonetized?

But supposedly he's making A LOT of Patreon. I think flip said it's over $100k-$250k a month. People with less dedicated and smaller followers make a good amount of Patreon
Someone recently said on here he gets around 24k monthly subs, so that's 6 figures from that alone if everyone is on the low tier. He has $5, $10 and $25 tiers that gives you more content with the higher you pay, RSS feed is locked behind the $25 tier too.
Even if that's the case what's the rationale behind not being a youtube partner when he stands to make more money
To borrow a famous quote "If it doesn't make money,it doesn't make sense"

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Even if that's the case what's the rationale behind not being a youtube partner when he stands to make more money
1. Exposure, youtube is the biggest platform. He can use youtube numbers to leverage other deals.
2. Doin the live shows you can get tips/donations. He got a bunch of them in the first one they did last week.
3. Other than that, idk. Im not familiar with the inner workings of youtube :manny:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

Where are you getting this YouTube partner thing at?

Did he say they werent monetized? That's literally all being a partner is.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
How if his youtube videos have no ads, therefore not monetized. I wasn't aware there's another way to make money on youtube

My YT premium expired a few days ago And I've absolutely been getting ads on his videos.

That's not even a sign of monetization anyways. Because YouTube adds ads to everything now

I'm pretty sure his channel is monetized

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
1. Exposure, youtube is the biggest platform. He can use youtube numbers to leverage other deals.
2. Doin the live shows you can get tips/donations. He got a bunch of them in the first one they did last week.
3. Other than that, idk. Im not familiar with the inner workings of youtube :manny:

What other deals... :mjgrin:

There are people making $5000 a month on youtube. There's a lot of money to be made but he has no interest in that, for whatever reason. Relying on Patreon seems like a bad idea in an era where economic strains lead to people cutting down on entertainment spending (strip clubs, OnlyFans, etc). If he's complaining about youtube it's because most people view his content solely through that and he's not getting enough in his mind, despite not having advertisers. What happens when the subs drop and suddenly all that keeping up with the Jones shyt he does stops adding up? He's gonna cut the show down, it's inevitable.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
My YT premium expired a few days ago And I've absolutely been getting ads on his videos.

That's not even a sign of monetization anyways. Because YouTube adds ads to everything now

I'm pretty sure his channel is monetized
Yea, I went to a browser that I'm not signed in on and got ads too. Curious to see where the "not monetized" stuff is coming from.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

There are people making $5000 a month on youtube. There's a lot of money to be made but he has no interest in that, for whatever reason. Relying on Patreon seems like a bad idea in an era where economic strains lead to people cutting down on entertainment spending (strip clubs, OnlyFans, etc). If he's complaining about youtube it's because most people view his content solely through that and he doesn't get a dime. What happens when the subs drop and suddenly all that keeping up with the Jones shyt he does stops adding up? He's gonna cut the show down, it's inevitable.

His Amp deal

And once again, where are you getting the idea that he's demonetized from?

And how is relying on Patreon when it actually seems the opposite in that regard and OF isn't exactly comparable. Hell, I see more people than ever asking their creators to go to Patreon. Or even look at twitch and the rise in donations.

People cutting back on OF bc you can find the shyt free and most women on there are literally scamming with Instagram pics

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

There are people making $5000 a month on youtube. There's a lot of money to be made but he has no interest in that, for whatever reason. Relying on Patreon seems like a bad idea in an era where economic strains lead to people cutting down on entertainment spending (strip clubs, OnlyFans, etc). If he's complaining about youtube it's because most people view his content solely through that and he doesn't get a dime. What happens when the subs drop and suddenly all that keeping up with the Jones shyt he does stops adding up? He's gonna cut the show down, it's inevitable.
Do you think he got the Amazon Amp deal because his name is Joe Budden or because he leveraged the youtube/podcast views?
Where has Joe complained about youtube?
Who says he is not making money off youtube? Ive only seen one person say that in this thread.......and they havent backed it up with a source.
He making a quarter mil off patreon monthly, he dont have to worry about what ifs until they happen :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
His Amp deal

And once again, where are you getting the idea that he's demonetized from?

And how is relying on Patreon when it actually seems the opposite in that regard and OF isn't exactly comparable. Hell, I see more people than ever asking their creators to go to Patreon. Or even look at twitch and the rise in donations.

People cutting back on OF bc you can find the shyt free and most women on there are literally scamming with Instagram pics

You can find Patreon content for free too. It even gets posted in this thread...

I meant Youtube advertisers as in "the episode is sponsored by..." shyt. I get that his videos have ads, unless you use adblock like me. And I'm sure he makes money off that, getting hundreds of thousands of views a month. Plus pateron. I'm just saying this is not sustainable in a market where content creators are losing money and doing everything possible to force content/engagement. I think he's gonna get aged out of this game and without a deal to rely on it could get ugly.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
You can find Patreon content for free too. It even gets posted in this thread...

I meant Youtube advertisers as in "the episode is sponsored by..." shyt. I get that his videos have ads, unless you use adblock like me. And I'm sure he makes money off that, getting hundreds of thousands of views a month. Plus pateron. I'm just saying this is not sustainable in a market where content creators are losing money and doing everything possible to force content/engagement. I think he's gonna get aged out of this game and without a deal to rely on it could get ugly.

And gets clapped after a month and most people, genuinely wanna support even outside of receiving the content for free

Agree to disagree. $1000-5000 ad reads aren't a make it or break it thing, especially if you're convinced him being on Patreon is unsustainable

There's a reason why more and more creators are going to Patreon or live streaming, and it's not bc consumer spending on content like that is going down..

Not to mention the amp deal he has you keep downplaying. I'm pretty sure they're straight lol