The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I don't think Ice/Ish are down with the new directive to create fake content for drama and to go viral. Joe clearly brought Flip over to improve that for the pod, and while I def think the actual episodes have improved I don't believe the viral shyt is working at all. Flip is 100% on board, Mel is down for whatever, Parks is down for whatever...that leaves those two as the odd men out a lot. Ish too cool to talk about his private life (dead beat dad motherfukker...). Ice out here offering the worst music and movie opinions imaginable while not discussing his life much either.

Prob not happening next ep but I seriously doubt Ice and Ish last the year. One of them will go.
He needs to get younger blood man, Melyssa Ford didn't know how Logic looked or who Pooh Shiesty was :mjlol:.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Who is really interested in hearing about Ice and Ish life though?

Ice damn near had a life episode when Ars was on there. He stayed in the house, he’s a gamer, didnt do no street shyt.

If Joe just wants nothing but funny ha ha, he should do a show with Ak and Flip. Nothing is serious about that lol
Ish was in the streets, his background would probably be interesting. He seems more like how Mal wanted to come off.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I can legit say I wouldnt even know Logic existed if it wasnt for Joe's Pod and him calling Logic out. Think my first time hearing about Logic was Joe going off on him about always mentioning being black or biracial in his song(s) :mjlol:
Bruh
taXpF1A.png

Same here, also add in NAV

Daps
He mentioned not to long ago he might start mixing and matching and see how it works. Like Ice, Flip, Joe pod, and then Joe, Ish, Mel pod, and then Flip, Mel, Ish and Joe, and so on.

Yeah this could work but what I meant was if Ice, and Ish wanted to bounce could he replace them and do a refresh again? Who knows.

But changing it up with the current squad is a good idea. We don't need all of them each week really.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The funny shyt about Joe is when Ish or Ice talk serious he does childish shyt like play music while they’re talking which throws them off :mjlol:

That Flip Joe live call in was hilarious though I definitely think that should be a thing

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Recent patreon episode, that greatest show on earth would’ve been 🔥🔥

BUT if Im Big Boi and Andre is the reason i missed out on an tour that could’ve gotten us more than 25 million, yeah we gonna forever have an issue between us.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
it's fukking wierd

cause whrn Mal/Rory tried to be more open, joe always brusdhed it off and told them to sTFU
I remember a few years back in February they were doing Black History Month facts and Joe was doing the typical knee cap sucking of celebs and very surface level shyt slickly trying to associate himself with them (I.E. Steve Harvey, Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry). Parks and Rory were really dropping knowledge of the first black fraternities and some other really obscure but good info and typical Joe starts joking and being a class clown b/c he didn't know and thought they were showing him up. He would always step on Rory and Parks except Rory would actually cal him out on his shyt and Parks would just fall in line. Seems like he doing the same with this group. When a serious discussion starts and he can't add onto it he throws a tantrum or just sits there killing the segment being quiet.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember a few years back in February they were doing Black History Month facts and Joe was doing the typical knee cap sucking of celebs and very surface level shyt slickly trying to associate himself with them (I.E. Steve Harvey, Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry). Parks and Rory were really dropping knowledge of the first black fraternities and some other really obscure but good info and typical Joe starts joking and being a class clown b/c he didn't know and thought they were showing him up.

I explicitly remember this shyt smh

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I explicitly remember this shyt smh
It was crazy b/c they were doing it every week and after the second week of Parks was talking about his home city Elmira, NY and the speaking about the formation of Slabtown by freed slaves Joe has his little outbursts and killed the segment. Like I said he be full of shyt and spins narratives whenever it suites him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He needs to get younger blood man, Melyssa Ford didn't know how Logic looked or who Pooh Shiesty was :mjlol:.
Dunno man. The fact that Joe's big idea to modernize the show was to add a 35 year old dude (who doesn't listen to new music or watch sports) tells you everything you need to know about his priorities.
:russ:

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When Joe starts talking contracts on someone else's platform, you know there's trouble. My guess is that Ish ain't happy. He signed the contract but Joe brought on Queenzflip and Mel afterwards. Ish don't like the new setup and cast and wants out of his contract, but Joe is not going to let him. This is what I got from that IG clip.