The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's fukking wierd

cause whrn Mal/Rory tried to be more open, joe always brusdhed it off and told them to sTFU
Joe is fukking weird. Sometimes when everyone else is actually having a good discussion on something that either he knows nothing about or isn't interested in, he gets an attitude and say they are really unpacking it. He'll even play music over them to get them to stop talking about it. Joe is an adolescent with money lol.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
it's fukking wierd

cause whrn Mal/Rory tried to be more open, joe always brusdhed it off and told them to sTFU
On that episode where they aired their grievances Ice and Ish called out Joe on not knowing what the hell he wants. They said he's moody as fukk and some shows he comes in wanting to be goofy and others all serious and it's hard for them to operate not knowing which version of him they're dealing with. They also mentioned him constantly wanting them to talk more but when they do he shuts down the convo or does childish shyt to kill the convo. So it ain't even just us fans noticing.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I love this video. I watch it once a year.

I dont listen to logic but joe budden is the definition of trash rapper who needs 100 bars to get to the point cause he loves to hear himself talk

Joe budden is the literally THE FINISH LINE for trash in hip hop , crossed everytime he opens his mouth on the subject. Every joe budden fan ive met in real life (and thats only 2 and i LIVE in NJ) are corny.

Crooked I defending Logic’s wack ass music :huhldup:

As opposed to defending joes wack ass music

Lest we forget. Joe WAS logic.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I hope it's not the case of Ish leaving the pod, he's a good addition. I'm not sure if Joe could flip his whole cast up again like the last time.
He mentioned not to long ago he might start mixing and matching and see how it works. Like Ice, Flip, Joe pod, and then Joe, Ish, Mel pod, and then Flip, Mel, Ish and Joe, and so on.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm thinking Joe canceled the episode due to Ish and Ice, mainly Ish. Dude missed a pod and probably didn't have much to say about anything when he returned. Ice has been kinda on the edge lately. Parks always caters to Joe so I don't think the issue is with him. Flip is the loose cannon and will always have something to say, which is what Joe seems to like. Not to mention, Flip is funny, loud, and annoying. He doesn't seem to be the problem. Mel seems to play the "moderator" role and she's not too cool to share funny and embarrassing stories about her life. Joe wanted Rory and Mal to do the same but Ish and Ice tend to be just like them most of the time. It's going to be interesting to see how their next episode will be.
I don't think Ice/Ish are down with the new directive to create fake content for drama and to go viral. Joe clearly brought Flip over to improve that for the pod, and while I def think the actual episodes have improved I don't believe the viral shyt is working at all. Flip is 100% on board, Mel is down for whatever, Parks is down for whatever...that leaves those two as the odd men out a lot. Ish too cool to talk about his private life (dead beat dad motherfukker...). Ice out here offering the worst music and movie opinions imaginable while not discussing his life much either.

Prob not happening next ep but I seriously doubt Ice and Ish last the year. One of them will go.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He mentioned not to long ago he might start mixing and matching and see how it works. Like Ice, Flip, Joe pod, and then Joe, Ish, Mel pod, and then Flip, Mel, Ish and Joe, and so on.
Ish be wanting to be serious and break shyt down and Joe always steps on it and wants to “Pod” .. That’s why Ish says shyt now like “oh you poddin’? My bad I’ll be quiet” or he’ll even ask “are we poddin? Or you serious?” Joe needs goofballs and crashouts up there. And let the minimal times they do get serious let Joe dictate that. Ish ain’t jokey-joke like that

Last edited:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Ish be wanting to be serious and break shyt down and Joe always steps on it and wants to “Pod” .. That’s why Ish says shyt now like “oh you poddin’? My bad I’ll be quiet” or he’ll even ask “are we poddin? Or you serious?” Joe needs goofballs and crashouts up there. And get the minimal times they do get serious let Joe dictate that. Ish ain’t jokey-joke like that
My whole thing is you can have both. You can have someone like an Ish breakdown what he thinks the implications of a situation are and then still make jokes, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also having actual pre production meetings prior to podcasts would help them know what Joe's actual expectation is if he wants to be only serious or only funny from episode to episode. Joe just has no idea how to manage ppl.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
I love this video. I watch it once a year.

I dont listen to logic but joe budden is the definition of trash rapper who needs 100 bars to get to the point cause he loves to hear himself talk

Joe budden is the literally THE FINISH LINE for trash in hip hop , crossed everytime he opens his mouth on the subject. Every joe budden fan ive met in real life (and thats only 2 and i LIVE in NJ) are corny.

As opposed to defending joes wack ass music

Lest we forget. Joe WAS logic.

IckyNaiveGrebe-size_restricted.gif

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who is really interested in hearing about Ice and Ish life though?

Ice damn near had a life episode when Ars was on there. He stayed in the house, he’s a gamer, didnt do no street shyt.

If Joe just wants nothing but funny ha ha, he should do a show with Ak and Flip. Nothing is serious about that lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My whole thing is you can have both. You can have someone like an Ish breakdown what he thinks the implications of a situation are and then still make jokes, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also having actual pre production meetings prior to podcasts would help them know what Joe's actual expectation is if he wants to be only serious or only funny from episode to episode. Joe just has no idea how to manage ppl.

I don't think Joe would want them to know what he's going to do/say, so he'd reject pre-production meetings. With Ish, I'm not a fan of him but there are times where he gets into a topic and starts podding only to get cut off or dismissed by Joe. To the point where he's just like fukk it whatever. I get the need for levity but the majority of popular podcasts tackle serious subjects and news. In two hours there's more than enough time for some serious discussions or even debate without Joe butting in to completely change the subject randomly.