The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I meant more so like the nonsense like somebody stole MBJ's budget for the final act. Like, once again, if anyone bothered to do one Google, they'd see his different inspirations on why he shot that scene the way he did.

Now, you may not have liked it but it for sure wasn't cuz they didn't wanna break open a 💰 for quite literally a golden boy right now.

Even with the Ja shyt. One Google goes a long way and more nuance can be added to the conversation instead of just musing about his background lol
It did kinda annoy me that Ish immediately thought Ja Morant is doing whatever he’s doing because “it’s all he knows”.

He doesn’t realize Ja doesn’t come from the stereotypical Black American entertainer background that most think of because he plays ball, is from the south and has tats. And that info is very easy to find now because that’s what everyone is making fun of Ja about…trying to come off as someone he’s truly not.

Flip corrected them a bit on it but it wasn’t really clear.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
It did kinda annoy me that Ish immediately thought Ja Morant is doing whatever he’s doing because “it’s all he knows”.

He doesn’t realize Ja doesn’t come from the stereotypical Black American entertainer background that most think of because he plays ball, is from the south and has tats. And that info is very easy to find now because that’s what everyone is making fun of Ja about…trying to come off as someone he’s truly not.

It annoys the hell out of me. The lack of research before hitting a topic or having somebody like Savon in the background with a google search page up in real time makes them look stupid on almost every topic they try to go deep on. Ish just argued that Ja point with his whole chest when it was based on assumptions and stereotypes.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps

Yeah he was too eager to put that stereotype on Ja. Automatically assumed he was from the "bottom".

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
It annoys the hell out of me. The lack of research before hitting a topic or having somebody like Savon in the background with a google search page up in real time makes them look stupid on almost every topic they try to go deep on. Ish just argued that Ja point with his whole chest when it was based on assumptions and stereotypes.
Is Savon still there? I thought I read a few months ago he left to lead the podcast division at HBO? It's obvious whoever they have back there doesnt do any research on topics. I imagine they have the rundown sheet or w/e at least a day before they shoot, so it shouldnt be an issue to do a minimal amount of research for the behind the scenes ppl.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Is Savon still there? I thought I read a few months ago he left to lead the podcast division at HBO? It's obvious whoever they have back there doesnt do any research on topics. I imagine they have the rundown sheet or w/e at least a day before they shoot, so it shouldnt be an issue to do a minimal amount of research for the behind the scenes ppl.
Yeah he’s been gone for a minute. And I agree that it’s obvious that there’s no prep that goes into it.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I wonder if they know topics before they get to the set. Or, how much time do they have after they choose the topic list. I know they don't know when guests are coming....I'm sure they don't know the topics

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I wonder if they know topics before they get to the set. Or, how much time do they have after they choose the topic list. I know they don't know when guests are coming....I'm sure they don't know the topics
They text about the topics before the pod occasionally and then write them on a whiteboard before they actually pod lol

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
They're more talented then him and way more successful then him

If him and ish fukked the same girl he wouldn't care cause he dont feel threatened

Nah the perception of attractiveness they have is def a much bigger factor and some eskimo bro shyt. Jay and Diddy way more talented and successful and he always got time to ride they dikk. There are alot of other artists, execs, moguls that more talented and successful than him that he barely if ever say a bad thing about too.