The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
As a resident hater of all things Budden for well over a decade I must say what I saw from this ep was entertaining. Beyond Joe being delusional and thinking people don’t understand what “money coming out of your check” means, and him denying he destroys things while simultaneously pointing to things he destroyed, it was cool. And I like how Ish especially interacts. Other dude seems like a hater though.

Given that this is about the “culture” and the culture is youth driven, I’m not sure how three dudes in their 40s talking about Drake/Uzi/IG thots/etc is going to work long term.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
As a resident hated of all things Budden for well over a decade I must say what I saw from this ep was entertaining. Beyond Joe being delusional and thinking people don’t understand what “money coming out of your check” means, and him denying he destroys things while simultaneously pointing to things he destroyed, it was cool. And I like how Ish especially interacts. Other dude seems like a hater though.

Given that this is about the “culture” and the culture is youth driven, I’m not sure how three dudes in their 40s talking about Drake/Uzi/IG thots/etc is going to work long term.
:heh: @ the bold...Joe’s the king of semantics and what women call “mansplaining”. That’s the only way he knows how to speak in life since he mostly deals with young broads from the industry.

He expected $100M+ for his podcast and a podcast network that doesn’t exist in order to be satisfied because his net-net at the end of the day would be much higher after taxes, expenses, fees, etc. That's pretty much what those explanations came down to when you cut through all his nonsense talk.

The guy talks so much while explaining that eventually he reveals the truth once he runs out of words...if you listen closely.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
As a resident hated of all things Budden for well over a decade I must say what I saw from this ep was entertaining. Beyond Joe being delusional and thinking people don’t understand what “money coming out of your check” means, and him denying he destroys things while simultaneously pointing to things he destroyed, it was cool. And I like how Ish especially interacts. Other dude seems like a hater though.

He can pull in an older audience
I don't like watching younger artists or shows catered to them

I'm done tho
Not invested enough to watch these new dudes

Unless it's an episode where shyt pops off

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
A Joe, Ish and Ice season wouldnt be that bad:ehh:. Joe made the right move replacing Savon with Ish. It gives the pod a grown man edge.

3 dudes in their 40s giving their take on life, hip hop, women, relationships, business and culture.

Savon in a good bag chiming in from the outside here and there.

Im impressed Joe lowkey landed on his feet with the Rory and Mal insurrection. The pod can thrive with this new format :manny:

If this turns into 40+ hip-hop talk, I’m all the way out

Joe doesn’t even listen to hip-hop anymore. And they’re all old af and like old ass artists. When Ice mentioned Dolph and Key Glock they were all like :dwillhuh:

Them trying to break down an album from any artist under 30 would be high comedy.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
If this turns into 40+ hip-hop talk, I’m all the way out

Joe doesn’t even listen to hip-hop anymore. And they’re all old af and like old ass artists. When Ice mentioned Dolph and Key Glock they were all like :dwillhuh:

Them trying to break down an album from any artist under 30 would be high comedy.
They already don’t break down any artist :gucci: what pod you been listening to the last 2 years. Rory the only one under 40 in the og cast. Mal is 40 also lol.

And joe shyts on all Rory opinions

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
They already don’t break down any artist :gucci: what pod you been listening to the last 2 years. Rory the only one under 40 in the og cast. Mal is 40 also lol.

And joe shyts on all Rory opinions

Mal is older but he also has friends in the league and industry, he keeps himself around pretty young circles. He’s also a lot more involved w/ music in general he fukks w/ guys like St. JhN and Griselda personally. Before you say it, no Griselda is not exactly the most popular among the under 30 crowd, but Mal at least knows his music. So does Rory. Even if they don’t talk about it.

Y’all want Ish who is 40+ and owns a construction company to give yall his music tastes :pachaha: Joe knows he’s not gonna get any long term quality outta these guys, he wants a couple yes men to come on and giggle with him and nod until he figures out what to do next

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Joe being delusional and thinking people don’t understand what “money coming out of your check” means

:heh: @ the bold...Joe’s the king of semantics and what women call “mansplaining”. That’s the only way he knows how to speak in life since he mostly deals with young broads from the industry.

He expected $100M+ for his podcast and a podcast network that doesn’t exist in order to be satisfied because his net-net at the end of the day would be much higher after taxes, expenses, fees, etc. That's pretty much what those explanations came down to when you cut through all his nonsense talk.

All Joe had to say was after overhead there isn't that much left and I believe the people who make up and contribute to this pod deserve more :yeshrug: Could've did that in 5 minutes but instead he holds listeners hostage for an hour of rambling :francis:

When talking about coming out of your check and how it breaks down that nikka Ish was talking about "nikkas with regular jobs don't understand that, it's over their level of comprehension" Nikka what? :gucci: I swear in 2020/2021 this whole LLC twitter/come-up culture is becoming insufferable :snoop:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Remember when Bill Simmons tried to help this bum and he said nah.
:mjlol:

Let’s recap. Bill Simmons has actually created tangible shyt. 30 For 30. The Ringer. Grantland. Things you can point to when negotiating. Things that exist. Joe’s problem is that he has nothing outside of his podcast. He can’t point to anything outside of views/listens. Mind you, I can’t stand Simmons and his Boston white boy shyt but hey, clearly he resonates with a large demographic of younger and middle aged white dudes.

What does Joe have? He’s spent damn near 20 years talking and what does he have to show for it? A popular blog or website? Nope. A documentary series about hip hop? Nope. Just a podcast of him bullshytting about fast food topics. And he STILL was offered a nice amount of money. Can you imagine what he’d be offered if he actually was creating shyt? Meanwhile CTG is out here writing books and creating shows...

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Savon already benched, as a stand in
:skip:
He is benched because he is the only person in that room that will vocally hold Joe accountable for his actions. I knew he wasn’t gonna stand long on that mic when he called Joe out on his criticism of Bieber. When Joe got silent when he made that Sabrina Claudio comparison I knew Joe’s mind went “Yeah i gotta get this dude off the mic :whoa:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
All Joe had to say was after overhead there isn't that much left and I believe the people who make up and contribute to this pod deserve more :yeshrug: Could've did that in 5 minutes but instead he holds listeners hostage for an hour of rambling :francis:

When talking about coming out of your check and how it breaks down that nikka Ish was talking about "nikkas with regular jobs don't understand that, it's over their level of comprehension" Nikka what? :gucci: I swear in 2020/2021 this whole LLC twitter/come-up culture is becoming insufferable :snoop:
Add in this the same dude that's blowing money left and right with the personal chef, the driver, all the money he spent on Valentine's day for that Houtston woman, the house, the personal security in Miami, it comes up kind of empty when he tries to claim there just isn't any money to split and that he's putting it all into the network. You know the rest are sitting there side eyeing the fukk out of him when he makes those claims.