The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So apparently this Joe called this dude a loser after he made this video

Now a few days ago he posts this

:sas2:

Nail on he head...

Joe's business focus reminds me a lot of Quibi. At the time when it was announced, there was BIG money behind it, big names, big everything. Yet all a smart business person would need is a 3 minute description of the app/service to realize it was gonna flop. A lot of rich (white) people are obsessed with solving problems that aren't problems. In this case, "how come there aren't Hollywood quality 3-10 minute video content on the internet." In reality, the biggest <10min videos on the internet are all amateur created viral videos of random shyt. Mainly humor, parodies, etc. Most of which were not premeditated. Someone was on a bus filming with their phone, saw something crazy, and posted it on twitter. Boom, goes viral. You don't need a writer room and David Fincher to create that for millions of dollars.

Likewise, Joe's entire show - when he's not bytching about business or sucking up to shadowy industry figures no one gives a fukk about - is about gossip and bullshyt. Reviewing music, reacting to celeb news/fukkery, etc. There are literally millions of content creators focused on that, all over the internet. Some are extremely popular, like Akademics. But for the most part it's hard for a corporation to get involved because that type of shyt isn't going to generate a lot of money for you. Akademics doesn't need Spotify, youtube views/ads are buying him mansions. So why does Joe expect/demand that from corporations...for content that is trivial, fast food/disposable, etc? 30mil was too much in my eyes, from a business perspective. Yet for Joe? Take that shyt, dude.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
So apparently this Joe called this dude a loser after he made this video

Now a few days ago he posts this

:sas2:

Basically he made the first video way before Rory and Mal decided to strike? :ehh:

but we all could see it tho

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
He is benched because he is the only person in that room that will vocally hold Joe accountable for his actions. I knew he wasn’t gonna stand long on that mic when he called Joe out on his criticism of Bieber. When Joe got silent when he made that Sabrina Claudio comparison I knew Joe’s mind went “Yeah i gotta get this dude off the mic :whoa:
It ain’t because of Joe. The fans don’t like Savon

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Remember when Bill Simmons tried to help this bum and he said nah.
:mjlol:

Let’s recap. Bill Simmons has actually created tangible shyt. 30 For 30. The Ringer. Grantland. Things you can point to when negotiating. Things that exist. Joe’s problem is that he has nothing outside of his podcast. He can’t point to anything outside of views/listens. Mind you, I can’t stand Simmons and his Boston white boy shyt but hey, clearly he resonates with a large demographic of younger and middle aged white dudes.

What does Joe have? He’s spent damn near 20 years talking and what does he have to show for it? A popular blog or website? Nope. A documentary series about hip hop? Nope. Just a podcast of him bullshytting about fast food topics. And he STILL was offered a nice amount of money. Can you imagine what he’d be offered if he actually was creating shyt? Meanwhile CTG is out here writing books and creating shows...
Joe has a catalog of music lol

he been doing a pod for 5 years and has been successful at every last show he created lol

he has made more money now than he ever have lol

I think he would take this failure lol

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Remember when Bill Simmons tried to help this bum and he said nah.
:mjlol:

Let’s recap. Bill Simmons has actually created tangible shyt. 30 For 30. The Ringer. Grantland. Things you can point to when negotiating. Things that exist. Joe’s problem is that he has nothing outside of his podcast. He can’t point to anything outside of views/listens. Mind you, I can’t stand Simmons and his Boston white boy shyt but hey, clearly he resonates with a large demographic of younger and middle aged white dudes.

What does Joe have? He’s spent damn near 20 years talking and what does he have to show for it? A popular blog or website? Nope. A documentary series about hip hop? Nope. Just a podcast of him bullshytting about fast food topics. And he STILL was offered a nice amount of money. Can you imagine what he’d be offered if he actually was creating shyt? Meanwhile CTG is out here writing books and creating shows...
Bill Simmons tried to teach him how to use zoom like he’s a fukking idiot lol. fukk us wrong with you.

joe has built a bunch of shows tho.

major part of love n hip hop, everyday struggle, the pull up now, state of the culture, joe budden tv before all this internet shyt even started.

has made random women someone in the culture 2 or 3 times.

y’all be saying anything

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Bill Simmons tried to teach him how to use zoom like he’s a fukking idiot lol. fukk us wrong with you.

major part of love n hip hop, everyday struggle, the pull up now, state of the culture, joe budden tv before all this internet shyt even started.

y’all be saying anything
The haters took over this thread and are salivating at the pod run potentially being over :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The haters took over this thread and are salivating at the pod run potentially being over :mjlol:
which it wont. i admit there are some aspects of the show that i hate, like them not fact checking for shyt, but it's an entertaining pod nonetheless.
But for ppl on the outside looking in, critiquing this like they've negotiated multimillion dollar deals themselves, knock it the fukk off.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

y’all be saying anything

you really believe Buddens version of events:laff:

You probably believe Rory and Mal aren’t podding cause Joe told Rory to take a couple episodes off

Last edited: