The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I think they should keep it at twice a week but stop making that shyt three hours. Keep topics short and concise. Kill the long ass breakdowns of shyt nobody cares about. By only being once a week they'll miss the audience that turn in to hear about breaking news and they'll take a chance that by the time they talk about it the topic is stale. Like they used to joke about everything happening late Tuesday or Wednesday when they used to record only once a week.
I feel like they need to broaden the type of topics they are willing to discuss. Conversations about Instagram thots and half assed deep dives on a very small portion of the music industry isn't gonna work when you're doing 3 hour podcast twice a week.

Joe promotes his podcast as a hip-hop podcast but hates all things hip hop and never wants to discuss anything music related. There's plenty of shyt to talk about outside of jay z, drake, and who's fukking who in the industry.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Joe has a very distinct voice that attracts ppls attention. Even when he's talking about nonsense it's somewhat interesting.

During that whole Spotify rants months ago, he was basically talking to himself the entire time and it was still engaging

Therefore, he could be bigger than he is, but At some point he needs to grow up in his content and make it evolve from talking about strippers/sex content etc in order for that growth to happen. The irony is, I don't know if he CAN do it mentally or ego-wise.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Joe has a very distinct voice that attracts ppls attention. Even when he's talking about nonsense it's somewhat interesting.

During that whole Spotify rants months ago, he was basically talking to himself the entire time and it was still engaging

Therefore, he could be bigger than he is, but At some point he needs to grow up in his content and make it evolve from talking about strippers/sex content etc in order for that growth to happen. The irony is, I don't know if he CAN do it mentally or ego-wise.
He could if he had cohost that would challenge him and steer the convo in different directions

Mal, Rory, and parks are not here for that. They’re job is to make Joe feel comfortable

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
they were working together or at the bare minimum cordial with each others brands in 2017-2019. ctg was even on the podcast and joe other show in 2017-2019 and joe budden went to the breakfast club and etc... ctg didnt blow down on joe until after the Spotify deal because something went bad between in 2020.. so unless i completely missed that or something my bad... especially how sensitive joe is about shyt i feel like shyt would have blown up sooner
He said that shyt about Joe after everyday struggle too.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Iaintmad_.jpg

@Mr Hate Coffee

:pachaha:

:russ:

And I'll never understand the emotional connection muhfukkas have with buddens...dude been a pretty obvious whole hoe in the public eye for like 20 years now...treats literally everyone in his life like shyt all the way to the present day where he sons his "friends" for 6 hours a week in podcast form...and got his stans attacking them for finally standing up for themselves after he disrespects them on the reg and fumbled what appears to be millions on their behalf... amazing how far being a unrepentant piece of shyt can get you in life

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
what is it that I don’t understand about ownership?

Rory and Mal don’t deserve ownership just because they are co host on the show. You only deserve what you negotiate. They were fine with whatever Joe was paying them until they learned Joe was turning down millions.

What you’re right about is that you’re only worth what you negotiate. So in that sense you’re right they don’t deserve it. I’ve negotiated for options packages that represent diff ownership stakes. And I’ve seen a company I’m in get bought and I’m sitting next to somebody who had zero or very very little ownership. Celebrations can get awkward quick. So yes you’re right, you’re only worth what you negotiate.

What you’re wrong about is acting like Rory and Mal are bumass idiots and not worthy of an ownership stake. Say what you want but Rory has prolly owned more w/ dussepalooza than you have, with anything. Joe sat up there and talked about how they have “4 expensive seats”, that’s literally him acknowledging how important the actual people in the room are to the success of the podcast. If Parks, Rory and Mal don’t have some type of stake in this (10-15% between em all) then that’s absolutely nuts. It’s a reflection of their bad business and also Joe being a big ass hypocrite.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Joe is the Jordan of the podcast and he can go far alone BUT he won the finals with Mal and Rory around him...This HAS to be recognized SO it is recognized with rewards and for grown men the only reward is $$$. Joe wants a say he has control that why he went crazy about the stupid Patron seat at the table deal BUT that doesn't reward Rory and Mal in any big way. They have to do another podcast (3 a week) to make Patron money lol...If he took the Spot deal or didn't hang up on Triller they could of kept the 2 days and made wayyy more money. So joe got a seat at the table for himslef and increased the work around him for everyone else for what it sounds like isnt much more money????

Not regotiating with Spotify and hanging up on Triller was a bad move for the health of the Podcast and everyone involved...Joe is very entertaining and smart no doubt about that but he ends up using the people around him for his adgenda like addict tendencies do.

The mistake that Rory made was not branching off and doing his own thing once Joe fukked up the bag you gotta fall back alittle and hustle instead of getting in your feeling but he Irish and emotional...He could of finished is Album and promoted the shyt out of it sold merch ....

Remeber one of the backround guys wanted a raise so he could move out of his moms house. Joe admitted he thought he ment the raise amount for the year but the guy wanted it per month lol...So Savon I think ask for what like 5k more and joe thinks that for the year lol.....Joe is cheap and thinks of hiself first and formost and he has alot of points that are correct if you are just considering yourself and at times comes off sincere but at the end of the day its his way or the freeway. If you are challenging him he will take his ball and go home

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
What you’re right about is that you’re only worth what you negotiate. So in that sense you’re right they don’t deserve it. I’ve negotiated for options packages that represent diff ownership stakes. And I’ve seen a company I’m in get bought and I’m sitting next to somebody who had zero or very very little ownership. Celebrations can get awkward quick. So yes you’re right, you’re only worth what you negotiate.

What you’re wrong about is acting like Rory and Mal are bumass idiots and not worthy of an ownership stake. Say what you want but Rory has prolly owned more w/ dussepalooza than you have, with anything. Joe sat up there and talked about how they have “4 expensive seats”, that’s literally him acknowledging how important the actual people in the room are to the success of the podcast. If Parks, Rory and Mal don’t have some type of stake in this (10-15% between em all) then that’s absolutely nuts. It’s a reflection of their bad business and also Joe being a big ass hypocrite.
The bolded is all it is really. Fam, the fact that Joe is out here turning down shyt without them knowing should let you know how Joe moves.

Keep in mind, even before the Spotify deal, there was a Tidal deal on the table and according to them, things got heated because they thought they should take the Tidal deal but Joe said no because to quote Joe “Hov wasn’t going to give him certain information.”

Spotify, according to Joe lied and said they would give him that information and we see how that turned out, which looks even worse after seeing Hov sell Tidal and all the people involved eating off that.

I’m not going to call Rory and Mal bums, but I think it’s easy to assume it’s not any real paperwork between them and Joe in regards to ownership.

Parks ain’t tripping because he still has his engineering job outside of Joe and Joe is not going to piss off Parks since they record at Park’s spot and I’m sure recording space ain’t exactly cheap.

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Joe loves to pontificate

my God, I'm only 25 minutes in and he's dragging the shyt out of this in true Joe fashion.
keep it a buck, he's enjoying himself...it gives him self reflection, leader, creator points in his head while most people that are listening are like

:comeon:

this thread exhausting to read.

put that young man who cant shut up about Rory on a break. please.
sounding like

EZH6yV4WAAEH5lR.jpg

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Whatever it Takes (Clinton Sparks version) or All of Me? :jbhmm:

All of Me

It's the song I use way back when to put niccas on to Joe. Whatever It Takes is more raw in a sense and still flames but it's something about All of Me. Everything came together perfectly on that song. One of the few times I got chills listening to a track.

"Why whenever Ima bout to crash I only go faster" :banderas:

Last edited: