The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2021 and people still don't get it. Joe is self destructive, arrogant narcissist who may have mental issues. He will destroy any and everything in his life because deep down he hates himself and will look for any excuse to burn a bridge to be alone. He created his own ecosystem of stans who have spent well over 15 years praising him online, who will defend him no matter what...and that's why he gets away with this nonsense.

Breh was always gonna sacrifice those closest to him. That's just what he does. And then in a couple years when his mood swings lead him to talking reckless to the wrong person, and Patreon throws him out the door...he'll be back on his bullshyt talking delusional and his stans will eat it up. I wonder where he'll go next, and how many more second chances he has. He's runnin' out.

Couldn’t have said it any better. Those who have been around have witnessed this cycle over and over again. At 40 this should be dealt with now, his peers and rivals have matured and have quietly and efficiently get on with business. He doesn’t and hasn’t. His talent is undeniable but his issues are never addressed and sadly those mental issues may be too deep to fully stop this constant cycle of bad circumstances he creates and self sabotages. I thought the Patreon deal would be a turning point (a great deal) but it was all about him, not about his team, and it doesn’t even seem he’s using his role well. I’d worry to see how he fits in on calls with his other advisors. It’s kinda sad if you’ve followed Joe for a while, he’s a legit pioneer but it’s sad to see he never conquered his ego,

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Mal gets by on being on a hip hop pod with a strong NY accent (which makes him sound knowledgeable) & current slang etc, but he's really not saying much all while being a trump man. On top of that, I thought it was strange when he mentioned how he was ok with women eating his ass. I had to fast forward :huhldup:
Mal is a dumbass but it's entertaining whenever they get into a debate over his bad takes. Plus he has industry connects and is the reason they can call and talk to most of their guest.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true. When rory tries to bring up his personal issues, Joe just laughs thru it.

I always assumed it was all jokes, but I guess at a certain point it's frustrating for rory.

joe does this to everyone. for me I really noticed it when nicki was on the pod. she was kicking some real shyt about how how joe passes off gossip and fan theories as ironclad fact, but that bullshyt impacts her real life in ways that are not cool. and joe just tried to laugh it off like I’m over it, so we should all be over it.

like breh... do you not understand the damage you cause? how you just gonna laugh it off??

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
why they going hard on Sayvon for his Beiber take but nobody said a word about Joe giving Doja Cat and Sabrina Claudio a pass for being racist :dahell:
Uhh and post malone... There's video of Malone, saying nikka like Beiber but nahhh cos Joe has met Post in person it's all good :mjlol:

This narcissistic fukk is delusional :russ:

And I can't believe y'all ran savon da don dada off the pod in one episode.. damn?! :mjcry:

Yeah he's young and got some dumb takes but he wasn't bad at all imo

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uhh and post malone... There's video of Malone, saying nikka like Beiber but nahhh cos Joe has met Post in person it's all good :mjlol:

This narcissistic fukk is delusional :russ:

And I can't believe y'all ran savon da don dada off the pod in one episode.. damn?! :mjcry:

Yeah he's young and got some dumb takes but he wasn't bad at all imo

I'm suprised Nobody mentioned Joe signing to Em after his racist tapes saying N*gger and calling black women bytches. that's the problem when you take a hard line like Joe did. you gotta be consistent. Can't pick and choose which whites you're gonna give a n*gger pass too.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I liked the two episodes without Mal and Rory more than I liked the past month or so with them. It's still entertaining.

:manny:
And this is the real true. Ice and Savon aren't fukking morons trying to be cooler than they really are so people can actually gain shyt form the convos.

Only think we're missings is Rory's industry knowledge but Parks knows as much if not more than Rory about that, so we're good if they dont returned.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
One good thing that Joe admitted in his latest rant is the importance of Mal.

Its hard to explain but Mal is a very pivotal part of the shows success.

He is a good balance to Joe's chaotic energy.

If Mal wasnt necessary than the pod would of popped off without him. Its dope to hear Joe admit that they were struggling before he came on board.

Shyt wouldnt have blown up with just him and Rory. Ice was around for the early days too. When Mal came on board the pod hit another level.
well yeah without Marissa they were struggling until Mal brought that edge back. Now Mal has basically failed to grow as a contributor and its time for new blood.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I know how that Joe and Mal convo went

Mal: Yo Joe, Is it true you told Rory not to come back to the pod for a couple weeks?

Joe: Yeah man. nikka was getting too spicy. Trying to fight me and shyt. Had to bench his ass.

Mal: Right. But his work on the pod was never in question. Do you even have that authority?

Joe: :what:Yeah nikka! I'm his boss!

Mal: So that would make you my "boss" too huh?:childplease: So if me and you get into a personal argument, you can tell me not to show up to the pod? Is that what you're saying?

Joe: (Joe's patronizing condescending voice) Mal...If you really want to go there, you haven't "showed up" to the pod in MONTHS N*GGA! (Joe getting into yelling mode)

Mal: I'm there every week!

Joe: On time? :usure: (condescending tone) Mal, there's a difference between "being there" and showing up.

Joe: Bad takes! Awful sports commentary. That Maga bullsh*t. Half the time you on the fukking phone!

Mal:
tenor.gif
So what you saying?

Joe:unimpressed:

Mal: That's how you feel? Say less. I'll show you what "not showing up to the pod" looks like.

:manny:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Yo since y'all love Rory and Mal so much how about y'all support them when they leave to do their own podcast:jbhmm:

Yeah that's right yall wouldn't last 2 episodes y'all will jump on the bandwagon that they should of stayed with Joe

1. Joe would struggle to run the same successful, compelling podcast without Rory and Mal.

2. Rory and Mal aren't entertaining enough to run a successful podcast without Joe.

Both 1 and 2 can be true.