DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I don’t think this is going to go the way you think it’s going to go

I have a real sinking feeling about this. This whole assault, even if it scuttles the KSA deal, seems such an Pyrrhic victory asking for a slaughter in response. I can see this and I am no Clausewitz.

If they were this prepared up front, what kind of urban guerrilla warfare is awaiting the IDF in Gaza? Are global targets fair game like the 1970s? Would popular outrage in Lebanon "force" Hezbollah to do something?

Something seems off about this whole strategy by Hamas. Israel must respond but Netanyahu hopefully listens to the seasoned IDF brass and not just hot heads in the coalition. This may be the beginning of a regional speed chess game with an uncertain ending.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What good will?

And why you crying about festivals, my question is why are these man's having festivals when 5 million human beings are under military occupation kms away?

I think your priorities is backwards Playa

I'm appreciating the footage of the military arm of the Palestinian resistance attacking military bases and police stations

Yall crying about a few civilians here and there while Israelis routinely wipe out high rise residential buildings :heh:

fukk out of here

Not understanding the global narrative around your own conflict is a major L. The world ain't concerned with "justice" or whatever. Might makes right.
And I think terrorism is shytty from all fronts...fight who you need to fight. There's no reason for Israel to bomb apartment parks, and the retaliation is just as vile. Killing innocents has no moral equivalency to me.

No its not. They have stolen/ killed hundreds of thousands and live on their land. They should have been doing this, fukk that survivalist live with your oppressors shyt. Israel has incarcerated and killed hundreds of thousands of palestians

I'm not making a "live with your oppressors" argument. For HAMAS it was either take a treaty of some sort or death. They've chosen death and most of the people who will perish had no say in the matter. Palastine didn't take the L and now it's game 7.

The irony in all of this like Israel hasn’t been bombing and killing innocent Palestinians for damn near a century. The world is still on their side though :yeshrug:

Israel was/is NEVER going to stop occupying and oppressing Palestine. All of this pearl clutching and subsequent “oh now yall really made them mad!” As if they weren’t brutal warlords to begin with is straight up shilling.

World GOVERNMENTS are on Israel's side. The average human being was Free Palestine. Here's the issue, you can't lose the PR war in 2023. Its almost MORE important than the actual bombs and guns. If modern conservatism had it's way, Russia wouldn't be the bad guy in Ukraine. But because Putin's been losing a PR war for the better part of a decade, he was met with staunch oppositon.

When it comes to HAMAS they didn't appeal to the masses before these attacks. And not to mention, the average person on Earth ain't even plugged into this conflict like that. So you have to go out of your way to position your actions as justified. They did not do that. Billions of people woke up this morning and saw HAMAS slaughtered 200+ people in one day in a conflict most people have NO context for.

Justice and "what's right" has nothing to do with my assessment of the situation. Outside of a two-state solution, I have no real feelings about either nation. But to not admit that HAMAS did was vile is just as bad as handwaving away the atrocities commited by Israel. Two things can simultaneously be true.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not understanding the global narrative around your own conflict is a major L. The world ain't concerned with "justice" or whatever. Might makes right.
And I think terrorism is shytty from all fronts...fight who you need to fight. There's no reason for Israel to bomb apartment parks, and the retaliation is just as vile. Killing innocents has no moral equivalency to me.

I'm not making a "live with your oppressors" argument. For HAMAS it was either take a treaty of some sort or death. They've chosen death and most of the people who will perish had no say in the matter. Palastine didn't take the L and now it's game 7.

World GOVERNMENTS are on Israel's side. The average human being was Free Palestine. Here's the issue, you can't lose the PR war in 2023. Its almost MORE important than the actual bombs and guns. If modern conservatism had it's way, Russia wouldn't be the bad guy in Ukraine. But because Putin's been losing a PR war for the better part of a decade, he was met with staunch oppositon.

When it comes to HAMAS they didn't appeal to the masses before these attacks. And not to mention, the average person on Earth ain't even plugged into this conflict like that. So you have to go out of your way to position your actions as justified. They did not do that. Billions of people woke up this morning and saw HAMAS slaughtered 200+ people in one day in a conflict most people have NO context for.

Justice and "what's right" has nothing to do with my assessment of the situation. Outside of a two-state solution, I have no real feelings about either nation. But to not admit that HAMAS did was vile is just as bad as handwaving away the atrocities commited by Israel. Two things can simultaneously be true.
In what world was Palestine winning a PR battle? You can’t even “both sides” this argument in private without losing your job as a pundit.

We’ve seen mainstream media defend Palestinian children being starved and bombed out for decades. There was nothing to lose for Hamas, just as you can argue there was nothing to gain either.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
In what world was Palestine winning a PR battle? You can’t even “both sides” this argument in private without losing your job as a pundit.

We’ve seen mainstream media defend Palestinian children being starved and bombed out for decades. There was nothing to lose for Hamas, just as you can argue there was nothing to gain either.

I didn't say that. I said they made no attempt. HAMAS has never made an attempt to portray their plight for the masses. But also, if it wasn't for the work of independent war journalists people wouldn't even have the information to BE "Free Palestine", do that's moot. Plenty of journalists and documentarians have covered this conflict. It is WHY people are polarized on it to begin with.

My point is that IN THIS MOMENT TODAY, which is all that matters for the average human on Earth, Israel has every reason they need to wipe Palestine out. I don't want that. I'm not caping for IDF or anything that's just my observation.

Post 9/11 all that mattered to the vast majority of the America was retribution for the attacks. I didn't matter about us state-making over there in the Cold War, it didn't matter about us training the Taliban/Mujahadeen 15-20 years prior, it didn't matter that the actual op was funded by the Saudis. All that mattered to the PEOPLE was that innocent folks died and we need recompense. That energy is FULLY behind Israel at the moment. Which is either a miscalculation by HAMAS or martyrdom on a national scale.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Nah homie I know and Hamas knows exactly where it's gonna go, they WANT TO take it there

I don't think u nor the Israelis understand how to deal with the world to come, whatever it is, it will not be the status quo that Israel has not only gotten accustomed to, but was in its best interests

What yall gonna do?

Kill 50,000 Palestinians. No problem. Won't change shyt.

Destroy Hamas completely. No problem. Another military unit will arise.

Mass incarcerate tens of thousands? No problem. You've turned them into heroes, martyrs and political prisoners, Palestinians been dealing with this for decades.

Shut down the Palestinian Authority?
Hamas will thank you themselves :heh:

Impose even greater sanctions on Gaza? The Palestinians will persevere, as they've always done.

Annex more land? Whatever they been doing it.

:manny:

On the flip side what does an incredible escalation due for Iran's standing? What does it do to MBS peace plan? How does it effect Israeli society once its had a chance to absorb this all? What does this mean for PA?

Does Israel want to place it all under military occupation? Full annexation? Bring it on. Israel will go back to being on perpetual war footing, waging perpetual counter insurgency and eventually turn into a full on fascist police state, it'll turn on its own, it already has.

But at least we won't have any more fukking festivals next door to an open door prison for millions

Burn this whole thing down

:blessed:

Absolutely wild thoughts. So what you're trying to say is they don't know they're defeated? Gotcha.

Your worst case scenarios are too generous. You just gave Israel full justification for everything they've done and will do and you did it on the world stage.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have a real sinking feeling about this. This whole assault, even if it scuttles the KSA deal, seems such an Pyrrhic victory asking for a slaughter in response. I can see this and I am no Clausewitz.

If they were this prepared up front, what kind of urban guerrilla warfare is awaiting the IDF in Gaza? Are global targets fair game like the 1970s? Would popular outrage in Lebanon "force" Hezbollah to do something?

Something seems off about this whole strategy by Hamas. Israel must respond but Netanyahu hopefully listens to the seasoned IDF brass and not just hot heads in the coalition. This may be the beginning of a regional speed chess game with an uncertain ending.

Thing is the saudis are talking nuclear now because of Iran...this is not the 70s.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I didn't say that. I said they made no attempt. HAMAS has never made an attempt to portray their plight for the masses. But also, if it wasn't for the work of independent war journalists people wouldn't even have the information to BE "Free Palestine", do that's moot. Plenty of journalists and documentarians have covered this conflict. It is WHY people are polarized on it to begin with.

My point is that IN THIS MOMENT TODAY, which is all that matters for the average human on Earth, Israel has every reason they need to wipe Palestine out. I don't want that. I'm not caping for IDF or anything that's just my observation.

Post 9/11 all that mattered to the vast majority of the America was retribution for the attacks. I didn't matter about us state-making over there in the Cold War, it didn't matter about us training the Taliban/Mujahadeen 15-20 years prior, it didn't matter that the actual op was funded by the Saudis. All that mattered to the PEOPLE was that innocent folks died and we need recompense. That energy is FULLY behind Israel at the moment. Which is either a miscalculation by HAMAS or martyrdom on a national scale.

Right.

Hamas proved they're idiots because frankly...if Hezbollah didn't invade simultaneously this would be all for naught.

Hezbollah hasn't...and so... Israel will basically wipe Gaza off the map.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Thing is the saudis are talking nuclear now because of Iran...this is not the 70s.
By 1970s I mean terror attacks not state conflict.

Allegedly, KSA funded the Pakistani nuclear program with an agreement that they could get the tech and material if they were ever in a bind. I wonder if this is playing out.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

I feel like the POV videos akin to ISIS attacks takes the casual global supporter and turns them against you...but thats just me...

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Absolutely wild thoughts. So what you're trying to say is they don't know they're defeated? Gotcha.

Your worst case scenarios are too generous. You just gave Israel full justification for everything they've done and will do and you did it on the world stage.

No lol, the exact opposite, They know they're defeated and this is the action of a defeated desperate party

Israel already has everything from politicians to media outlets to online bots giving it full justification to date, what will change?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Russia and Iran are to blame for this atrocity followed by the Arab world that has never done anything for the Palestinian people.

Heartbreaking