Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
Except that that only happened in the sick mind of the Islamist (and/or Neonazi)... Not in actual reality. Hamas used civilians as human shields, human shields died. 0.01% of Gazans are Hamas, yet 50% of deaths are Hamas. That is evidence of targeted killings.

The funny thing is, you people actually want Israel to intentionally target children, so you can continue spewing your twisted propaganda... Sick fukks. :upsetfavre:

the hasbara repertoire is on full display tonight.

in actual reality, this isn't the 60's anymore. the world is awake to your unending crimes against the Palestinian people and no amount of Islamo-Nazi allegations is going to change that.

woodblock

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I am serious. This thread is a wonderful example.

Like I said I haven't read the whole thread but forgive me if I don't regard it as representative of the general state of criticism of Israel. I am personally aware of much criticism that does not resort to calling Israel a Nazi state.

Did I say that the examples I gave demonstrate this ability, or did I say I have this ability?

So you have the ability, you just chose not to use it? Alright bro. Maybe you could bring your A game next time.

I brought up a point of the alternative to Israel's current behavior -- leading to far more Israelis dying. This made you uncomfortable, and instead of re-evaluating your opinions, you dismissed it and came back with this garbage:

Except that the situation has existed before Israel's existence.

I think we are talking about different things. The "situation" to which I refer is the current conflict in Gaza. You know, like the thread title says. You cannot deny that Israel bears a great deal of responsibility for the current situation in Gaza. Israel is by far the most powerful actor in the region.

Yeah, a weapons blockade punishes the people of Gaza. :shaq: I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

Are you serious? The blockade devastated the Gazan economy. Even since the easing of restrictions it is generally agreed that the situation in Gaza has not significantly improved. I don't know which is worse: if you know this and are being disingenuous, or if you don't realise it at all. I note that you don't disagree the blockade has failed in the purpose you ascribe to it. It has been both an abject policy failure and a public relations disaster for Israel.

Well, I already showed how you failed to rule out a rival hypothesis before coming to a conclusion. You responded by completely disregarding that and sticking to your hypothesis, even after failing to rule out the other. Yes, that does demonstrate plenty.

Your "rival hypothesis", if it can be called that - Palestinians just hate Israelis automatically - fails to take account of the reality of the situation. How much easier to think that your side doesn't bear any responsibility. No, they're just the victims of irrational hate! I understand why that's a tempting belief. I have explained why Israelis are hated by Palestinians. You can take that on board if you want.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
even if its real peace or not....this is a big PR win for Hilary Clinton and the Obama Administration. Especially, after the whole Benghazi episode..

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
A8RbpbECQAAvcHX.jpg:large

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the hasbara repertoire is on full display tonight.

in actual reality, this isn't the 60's anymore. the world is awake to your unending crimes against the Palestinian people and no amount of Islamo-Nazi allegations is going to change that.

Unfortunately, nothing you said contradicts with the fact that Hamas uses human shields and the asinine allegation that the most watched army on the planet which you admit is fighting a PR war is intentionally targeting civilians, is not only logically contradictory, but has zero evidence as well.

You can keep saying the word hasbara though, as apparently your camp thinks that is a great substitute for an actual argument (you guys should apply for MENSA).

so both 88m3 and TLOL are cacs?

hmm makes sense now

This is a brilliant comment to make. Are you a scholar like the rest of the pro-Palestine advocates? How did you guys become so intelligent? What's your secret?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said I haven't read the whole thread but forgive me if I don't regard it as representative of the general state of criticism of Israel. I am personally aware of much criticism that does not resort to calling Israel a Nazi state.

That was one example out of many.

So you have the ability, you just chose not to use it? Alright bro. Maybe you could bring your A game next time.

Why would I use the ability to argue for a nation who overwhelmingly supports terrorism?

I think we are talking about different things. The "situation" to which I refer is the current conflict in Gaza. You know, like the thread title says. You cannot deny that Israel bears a great deal of responsibility for the current situation in Gaza. Israel is by far the most powerful actor in the region.

We are not talking about different things. You have yet to address my point.

If Israel stops the blockade Hamas will have even more weapons, more sophisticated weapons, which it will use against Israelis.

If Israel does not respond to Hamas rockets it will be even more dangerous for Israelis.

This is my point. The alternative to your criticism (which is what critics suggest Israel should do) would lead to more Israelis dying.

Are you serious? The blockade devastated the Gazan economy. Even since the easing of restrictions it is generally agreed that the situation in Gaza has not significantly improved. I don't know which is worse: if you know this and are being disingenuous, or if you don't realise it at all. I note that you don't disagree the blockade has failed in the purpose you ascribe to it. It has been both an abject policy failure and a public relations disaster for Israel.

No, the blockade has not devastated the Gazan economy. Hamas using its funds to terrorize Israel instead of investing it in the Gazan economy, devastated the economy.

Your "rival hypothesis", if it can be called that - Palestinians just hate Israelis automatically

That's not my rival hypothesis.

You say Palestinians hate Israel cause of Israeli policy. I say there is a rival hypothesis -- they've been brainwashed to hate Israelis since birth. You cannot claim one without ruling out the other.

I have explained why Israelis are hated by Palestinians. You can take that on board if you want.

And I have explained to you why you have not drawn that conclusion rationally, using an important element of critical thinking. But you reject that element, while criticizing me for stating that Israel's critics lack critical thinking. It's all very ironic.

“Mostâ€? killed in Gaza “deserved itâ€? even though they were children and civilians, says Israel’s Danny Ayalon | The Electronic Intifada

“Most” killed in Gaza “deserved it” even though they were children and civilians, says Israel’s Danny Ayalon

You forgot the part where he said most killed deserved it as they were Hamas militants.

lmao @ you leaving that part out. z

“Mostâ€? killed in Gaza “deserved itâ€? even though they were children and civilians, says Israel’s Danny Ayalon | The Electronic Intifada

“Most” killed in Gaza “deserved it” even though they were children and civilians, says Israel’s Danny Ayalon

You forgot the part where he said most killed deserved it as they were Hamas militants.

lmao @ you leaving that part out.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

Hamas kinda got more out of it than Israel did but the funny thing is Israel could have took up their 2008 offer for a ceasefire in return for a blockade removal or later attempts too... they didn't need to do all this to get to this point.

Of course the same goes for militants including Hamas in Gaza too, they could have got to this point if they'd practiced more restraint themselves

both sides lost a lot of time and engaged in a lot of killing for no reason