Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Hamas kinda got more out of it than Israel did but the funny thing is Israel could have took up their 2008 offer for a ceasefire in return for a blockade removal or later attempts too... they didn't need to do all this to get to this point.

Of course the same goes for militants including Hamas in Gaza too, they could have got to this point if they'd practiced more restraint themselves

both sides lost a lot of time and engaged in a lot of killing for no reason

Thank you. So nothing changed.

Israeli will continue their crimes and the Palestinians will continue being used by proxy states and religious fanatics who don't really give a fukk about their well being.

Business as usual.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Thank you. So nothing changed.

Israeli will continue their crimes and the Palestinians will continue being used by proxy states and religious fanatics who don't really give a fukk about their well being.

Business as usual.

the only way out is for the west and israel to encourage hamas to stop paramilitary activities and just become a grown up government instead of giving them the cold shoulder and hoping they go away

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
the only way out is for the west and israel to encourage hamas to stop paramilitary activities and just become a grown up government instead of giving them the cold shoulder and hoping they go away

I've always advocated for the United Nations to take control of Jerusalem proper and move its headquarters there. Provides a means for an international city and ensures the right for all 3 religions to worship. Split Israel North/South by connecting the WB and Gaza to form the state of Palestine.

Then make every country in the Security Council sign a war pact to engage in full scale invasion of whatever country violates the other's sovereignty.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always advocated for the United Nations to take control of Jerusalem proper and move its headquarters there. Provides a means for an international city and ensures the right for all 3 religions to worship. Split Israel North/South by connecting the WB and Gaza to form the state of Palestine.

Then make every country in the Security Council sign a war pact to engage in full scale invasion of whatever country violates the other's sovereignty.

Are you under some kind of impression that all three religions don't have a right to worship there now?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Are you under some kind of impression that all three religions don't have a right to worship there now?

No, I was just saying that the in my scenario, the UN would continue to ensure that.

The Ottoman Empire, Brits, and Israel have done good jobs in that regard, excluding a few hiccups here and there.

woodblock

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will be my last response to you, because I doubt either of us is going to convince the other.

We are not talking about different things. You have yet to address my point.

If Israel stops the blockade Hamas will have even more weapons, more sophisticated weapons, which it will use against Israelis.

If Israel does not respond to Hamas rockets it will be even more dangerous for Israelis.

I am not a statesman. I have simply observed that Israel bears responsibility for the present situation, not made any recommendations about how it should act to get out of the mess it has made for itself. Having said that, let me make a confident prediction: bombing Gaza will do absolutely nothing to make Israelis safer in the long term.

No, the blockade has not devastated the Gazan economy. Hamas using its funds to terrorize Israel instead of investing it in the Gazan economy, devastated the economy.

:aicmon:

Cement and building materials were not permitted into Gaza. Cloth and thread was not permitted. Fishing was not permitted. Basic foodstuffs - not permitted. The quantity of goods allowed into the Strip was cut by three-quarters.

Suffocating Gaza

Israel's eased blockade 'still crippling' Gaza

How Israel's naval blockade denies Gazans food, aid

I suggest reading the "effects of land blockade" section Blockade of the Gaza Strip

Gaza prohibitions were 'too harsh', Livni tells Turkel

Just as a bonus: The effect of the blockade on child health in Gaza

It took me literally 5 minutes to find all these.

You say Palestinians hate Israel cause of Israeli policy. I say there is a rival hypothesis -- they've been brainwashed to hate Israelis since birth. You cannot claim one without ruling out the other.

You still don't get that I fully admit Palestinians are taught to hate Israel. I contend that they are taught to hate Israel because of the dire effects of Israeli policy on Palestinian society. So there is no need to "claim one" and "rule out the other". I am saying that they are both true. You see a contradiction where there is none. Sorry about your critical thinking skills.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will be my last response to you, because I doubt either of us is going to convince the other.

You mean because you're becoming increasingly uncomfortable with having your preconceived notions challenged.

I am not a statesman. I have simply observed that Israel bears responsibility for the present situation, not made any recommendations about how it should act to get out of the mess it has made for itself. Having said that, let me make a confident prediction: the present course of action will do absolutely nothing to make Israelis safer in the long term.

Israel bears responsibility for the situation, yet you refuse to admit that Israel had no choice?

:aicmon:

Cement and building materials were not permitted into Gaza. Cloth and thread was not permitted. Fishing was not permitted. Basic foodstuffs - not permitted. The quantity of goods allowed into the Strip was cut by three-quarters.

Suffocating Gaza

Israel's eased blockade 'still crippling' Gaza

How Israel's naval blockade denies Gazans food, aid

I suggest reading the "effects of land blockade" section Blockade of the Gaza Strip

Gaza prohibitions were 'too harsh', Livni tells Turkel

Just as a bonus: The effect of the blockade on child health in Gaza

It took me literally 5 minutes to find all these.

I can tell it took you 5 minutes to find those. You linked to Amnesty International for crying out loud. Not to mention Wikipedia, which cites the UN, HRW, and other anti-Israel organizations. Either way, what none of your links mention is that just because something is banned from outside sources it does not mean that Israel is not supplying all of those things.

You still don't get that I fully admit Palestinians are taught to hate Israel. I contend that they are taught to hate Israel because of the dire effects of Israeli policy on Palestinian society. So there is no need to "claim one" and "rule out the other". I am saying that they are both true. You see a contradiction where there is none. Sorry about your critical thinking skills.

You can't claim that they're both true when the problem might not exist in the absence of one of them. :facepalm: Seriously, you should probably never even discuss critical thinking skills again. You have a lot to learn.

woodblock

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't claim that they're both true when the problem might not exist in the absence of one of them.

lol what? of course you can. there's no contradiction there at all, dummy. think about it for a little while. alright now really, i'm done with you

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If you guys keep posting photos from Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Gaza over the last 30 years I' might start to believe Palestine is in turmoil.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
TimothyS: CNN just reported that US will spend an additional $600 million on Israel's Iron Dome system as part of the Gaza cease-fire agreement.

:beli: pathetic.