mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You got idiots mentioning Trump hypothetically firing nuclear warheads at Gaza to deflect from the fact that if Biden loses this election due to losing votes from Arab-Americans disgusted at his support of a state committing genocide and ethnic cleansing, it's his fault alone
We’ve also got idiots mentioning posts without understanding context.
If you had actually read my post with a second grade level reading comprehension you would have understood that that hypothetical was posed in response to a poster claiming that there weren’t degrees of evil. I said that hypothetical because it was such an absurdly obvious example of different degrees of evil, yet the poster couldn’t even admit that nuclear warheads being fired into Gaza would be more evil than what Biden is doing. The intellectual dishonesty in this thread is astounding.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I thought saying this phrase was anti-Semitic and calling for genocide :mjgrin:

Or is it only allowed to be said by Jews in Israel? :mjgrin:

We’ve also got idiots mentioning posts without understanding context.
If you had actually read my post with a second grade level reading comprehension you would have understood that that hypothetical was posed in response to a poster claiming that there weren’t degrees of evil. I said that hypothetical because it was such an absurdly obvious example of different degrees of evil, yet the poster couldn’t even admit that nuclear warheads being fired into Gaza would be more evil than what Biden is doing. The intellectual dishonesty in this thread is astounding.

No one gives a fukk about your asinine argument of degrees of evil.

If one candidate promises 10 nuclear warheads being bombed and another candidate promises only 1 nuclear warheads being bombed and those are my only options, it is intellectually and morally acceptable to not participate in any vote where those are the only 2 options, and use that threat in an attempt to nudge either candidate to a minimum threshold of no nuclear warheads being used.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michigan is a swing state and has a substantial Arab-American population.

You're ignoring that there is a middle path Joe could have taken, which would have allowed him to support Israel's fight against Hamas in a more responsible way, while respecting the dignity of Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank. That would have helped him retain support on both sides. As it is, he's losing support from leftist Jewish-Americans too.

Losing the support of Jewish Americans will have dire implications across the entire country, not just one swing state.

Jewish people have voted Dem at a higher rate than Muslims in every presidential election. Yes, this has been the case even after decades of right wing neocons supporting the war on terror and decades of right wing media fanning the flames of Islamophobia.

Also, America has more than twice as many Jews as Muslims.

And then there is the enormous difference between the two communities in terms of influence in politics, media, culture, etc.

If anyone wants to argue that Biden should be dealing with the situation differently for moral reasons or geopolitical reasons, that's fine. But to argue that Biden is hurting himself politically at home because he is not being critical enough of Israel is extremely silly.

As for a "middle path," Biden and many other people probably feel that he is already taking a "middle path." And even if he modified his stance to adopt what you or someone else defined as a "middle path," he would still be getting blamed by both sides for supposedly favoring the other side. This is such a polarizing issue that it is impossible to take an approach that will not alienate large swaths of the population. Personally, I think politics should be left out of it and he should decide what to do based on what's morally right.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You can’t negotiate with these type of terrorist

lol the only logical answer is intifada. Active militant resistance in all corners of the disputed land. I know it makes people cringe but violent struggle is typically the outcome in situations like these. They’ve been able to put a pacifier on the shyt for decades but I think that time has expired.