LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

This is insane. Even if you don't care about complicity in genocide (wtf), you could at least be critical of Biden's actions because they give Trump a greater chance of winning.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

This is insane. Even if you don't care about complicity in genocide (wtf), you could at least be critical of Biden's actions because they give Trump a greater chance of winning.
How you decide to vote is on you. You have to live with that. If you don't do your part it's not on us "brother."

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
How you decide to vote is on you. You have to live with that. If you don't do your part it's not on us "brother."
I've already stated I plan to vote against whatever Republican ends up on that side, but thank you for your input.
Time for Biden to do his part. Time for the media to stop being complicit.

By the way, you never answered my question, do you support Israel's right to a religious ethnostate?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Let’s start at the beginning I guess.

Are the Palestines responsible for the Jews not being on their land or their own god?

Pretend I answered this however you needed me to so that you could move on and make your point...

The obvious start time would be the 1880s when European and Russian Jews began fleeing from their home countries due to European antisemitism. Prior to the influx of foreign Jewish settlers, the Arab Jewish minority lived along side Muslim and Christian Arabs in relative peace. Only when the Jewish settlers began displacing the indigenous population did tensions rise high enough for pogroms to happen against them.

To imply anti-Judaism is just inherit in Arabs and Muslims is racist. Before the formation of Israel, Jews lived all over the ME alongside Muslims and Christians.

Avi Shlaim is a Baghdadi Jew. I haven't seen the full interview, but he always talks about growing up in Iraq and being treated as just another minority population who got along with their neighbors. It was the formation of Israel, and the terrorism against Jews that followed, that forced his family to flee their home. Later on he discovered it was Zionists themselves who were responsible for the massacres and synagogue bombings in order to scare the Jewish population of the ME into fleeing to Israel to bolster their numbers.

Zionism is at the root of problem. You can't ignore the cause and effect of colonialism.

So...what you're saying is that the Arabs started being violent towards and hating the Jews when they felt there were too many of them in the area?

I agree that Jews lived all over. But that same interview you posted details that once Israel was created the Arab countries persecuted them and made them flee to Israel.

Now the Arab countries are basically jew-less, yet they just can't live and let Israel live.

There's nothing to ignore, though. The history is what it is. Where no country existed, France and England split it up and created like 5 countries. The only ones still bytching about it are the same ones that rejected having their own country.

:heh:

They always start with 1929

:heh:

Where should they start?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
You still haven’t answered my Q. What are the Palestinians to do?

The Arab states have surrendered a long time ago. They have always offered the 2002 peace plan.

The Palestinians are divided politically. And philosophically. Both approaches aren’t working.

The powerful and large non-violent movement among Palestinians was suppressed through mass arrests and the elimination of key leaders. The 2018 March of Return walks every Friday near the border fence had Israeli snipers taking out legs. Every week and then they did a massacre killing dozens in one day.

Over the last 30 years, the Israelis were more aggressive in crushing the non-violent movement compared to the PLO, partly because they perceived it as easier to quash.

The effectiveness of the Gandhi “being peaceful” example relies on both sides adhering to rules, which Israel, exempt from such rules and constraints, doesn’t have to follow.

Individuals arrested in the 80s, 90s, early 2000s for non-violent actions still remain imprisoned, contrasting with some PLO members released in brief periods of exchanges.

Israel exerts greater control over Palestinian leadership than previous occupiers. Up until October 7, they tolerated Hamas and Netanyahu encouraged their propped up status and money transferred to them.

The PA has surrendered and everyone knows they’re useless.

You want a Palestinian leader who can unite all factions? Influential leaders like Marwan Barghouti, with broad popular support, remain incarcerated. Barghouti’s ability to engage in meaningful talks with Israelis, along with his nuanced understanding of Hebrew and the Israeli public, makes him a more potent force for peaceful negotiation than Hamas. Notably, Barghouti was a favored choice in both the West Bank and Gaza, enjoying diverse support from various groups, including Christians, secularists, and a significant portion of PLO/Fatah, as well as many Hamas supporters.

The Palestinians should be happy living under Israel or move to an Arab nation. They've exhausted their options.