ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
:what:

Sounds like you believe rounding up civilians from refugee camps and staging propganada clips of them handing over weapons is a sign things are heading in the right direction!

Sounds like you’re the one digesting propaganda. You can’t know if people are civilians if you don’t process them, looks like Israel wasn’t taking chances understandably. The outrage about these photos is absurd, I can see if they were women but they’re not. There’s no way to know all of those people are civilians either as a fact. Do you have any common sense? The fighting needs to end and Hamas needs to go.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Sounds like you’re the one digesting propaganda. You can’t know if people are civilians if you don’t process them, looks like Israel wasn’t taking chances understandably. The outrage about these photos is absurd, I can see if they were women but they’re not. There’s no way to know all of those people are civilians either as a fact. Do you have any common sense? The fighting needs to end and Hamas needs to go.
you can't see how making dozens of people strip naked *then* hand over weapons is ridiculous?

there's entire dialogues and affirmed international policy on how standing militaries must formally acknowledge basic human dignities - and common sense says literally never let a combatant get anywhere near a weapon, especially one necessary for evidence/forensic examination (and in this case it should be absolutely critical to identify persons who were directly attached to or associated with those involved in the Oct 7th attacks).

and if there's no way to know if those are civilians or not, then they aren't targets :dead: you have to actively trick yourself into accepting that nonsense

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
it actually makes my brain itch

like in what world does it make any practical sense to make someone strip naked then go and move weapons around? then multiply that by several dozen and in the middle of a contested area?

you have to be absolutely confident there's no threat anywhere near you and that things have been ezpz for days to even consider that dumb shyt :laff:

and you know whats even more ridiculous? if you look back at how IDF captured Hamas soldiers who were on the run after Oct 7th, you can see their procedures were nowhere close to this lol. you had guys zip tied, face down, soldiers handling them directly, with weapons all aside for proper handling. they were more deliberate in protecting themselves *in israel* than they are now in the middle of gaza where there's a tunnel/cache at every street corner?

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
Low Quality Posting
they’re photos without any context split seconds caught on film

:manny:

Edit: just because one unit does it the “right way” doesn’t mean another unit will not make mistakes, break norms and etc.

Weird thing to make hay about

Also all the photos I’ve seen shared seem to portray this as men that are being executed which I haven’t seen evidence of

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
they’re photos without any context

find photos with similar 'appropriate' context then.

even the US couldn't deny basic human dignities to jailed persons who were internationally tried and found guilty as terrorists by parading them around naked. surely there's larger catalogues of stripped folks being marched through the streets justifiably and within similar circumstances right?

its starting to really look like yal are hiding out here to say shyt you wouldn't even entertain in TLR instead of this being some greater discussion space. like what even this

the fact they can't even acknowledge risk they create for themselves with this is what's most mindboggling. but to at a whim endorse it? for what

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
they’re photos without any context split seconds caught on film

Edit: just because one unit does it the “right way” doesn’t mean another unit will not make mistakes, break norms and etc.

Weird thing to make hay about

Also all the photos I’ve seen shared seem to portray this as men that are being executed which I haven’t seen evidence of
There is context. Israel itself provided context and said they were "military aged men" who were detained for "questioning" with most of them being released.
It's domination and humiliation of civilians. They don't have to die for these photo ops to be disgusting. It's just completely unnecessary to treat civilians in this way, and then broadcast it for the world to see. I don't know how you can see those pictures and not be reminded of Abu Ghraib.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
find photos with similar 'appropriate' context then.

even the US couldn't deny basic human dignities to jailed persons who were internationally tried and found guilty as terrorists by parading them around naked. surely there's larger catalogues of stripped folks being marched through the streets justifiably and within similar circumstances right?

its starting to really look like yal are hiding out here to say shyt you wouldn't even entertain in TLR instead of this being some greater discussion space. like what even this

the fact they can't even acknowledge risk they create for themselves with this is what's most mindboggling. but to at a whim endorse it? for what

Israel isn’t the US military idk what their practices and internal rules are. I’m not an expert and don’t know why they made the choices they made. Maybe there were concerns about bombs or hidden weapons, maybe this is their policy when detaining people and maybe they’re just poorly trained conscripts.

I think people are really trying to extrapolate a lot from a few photos and to the best of my knowledge they’re not being executed and some were released despite the framing that I keep seeing of Nazis executing Jews.

Hamas should formally surrender so no more civilian lives are lost imo

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
There is context. Israel itself provided context and said they were "military aged men" who were detained for "questioning" with most of them being released.
It's domination and humiliation of civilians. They don't have to die for these photo ops to be disgusting. It's just completely unnecessary to treat civilians in this way, and then broadcast it for the world to see. I don't know how you can see those pictures and not be reminded of Abu Ghraib.

Abu Grahib was a controlled setting, a prison, and I believe some of the pictures were of stress positions/torture all of which make it unquestionably worse and the US government was responsible so that was something in itself. I honestly can’t remember if they came out in a leak or a court case not that it matters but I do think it’s demeaning and stupid of Israel to post these if that’s what is happening.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I do think it’s demeaning and stupid of Israel to post these if that’s what is happening.
They already admitted the pictures were released with permission of the state, but “I think you won’t see more pictures like this from now on.”
Even TOF, a gross hasbara mouthpiece, can't find a way to dress it up nicely.

The information is out there. Why didn't you try to read even a single article about it before scolding people for being upset about something you clearly know nothing about? Why would you jump in to defend Israel on something before you even learn the context?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Israel isn’t the US military idk what their practices and internal rules are. I’m not an expert and don’t know why they made the choices they made. Maybe there were concerns about bombs or hidden weapons, maybe this is their policy when detaining people and maybe they’re just poorly trained conscripts.

I think people are really trying to extrapolate a lot from a few photos and to the best of my knowledge they’re not being executed and some were released despite the framing that I keep seeing of Nazis executing Jews.

Hamas should formally surrender so no more civilian lives are lost imo
we are not gonna act like they run a completely different show or playbook than the rest of the world as if they're north korea or something :dead:and even NK didn't strip that kid who ran across the border

if the concern is bombs and hidden weapons then you separate people and immediately establish control so that they cannot move against you in coordinated efforts. but even then there's nothing even resembling a real cordoned area lol. if the issue is that the imagery lines up with similar examples of preludes to mass graves, then folks aren't wrong because its internationally recognized common sense to *not* look like you're doing that.

at minimum, the professionalism is embarrassing.

call a spade a spade. it doesn't look like a security-focused process because it isn't one. ukraine got its hand slapped because they had recently detained russian servicemembers speaking against their country on video. this is several stages beyond that in terms of basic regard for human dignity and simple acknowledgement of laws of land warfare. hamas can be fukked up and so can the IDF. it doesn't require if/then framing.
the fact they're proud to do it is wild. weeks now and they refuse to be taken seriously as a standing military - and its all punching down too.

who actually thinks they'd try that same shyt across a different border these days? just absurd.