Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
  • The US is going to change its stance on responding to terror attacks
Irrelevant, we're talking about withdrawing of military funding. You your self argued they aren't just a vassal state to the US, so clearly our "stance" isn't only contingent on military aid.
  • Withdraw funding from Israel which will ultimately lead to larger conflict and humanitarian crisis (ww3?)
I thought we weren't doing thought experiments? WW3?
  • Pretend Netanyahu actually survives not attacking hamas
Have you seen his recent poll numbers, it doesn't look like he's going to survive attacking Hamas.
  • That he wouldn’t just be replaced by someone who would
Can't argue with that.
  • The Hamas attack was somehow justified
It was not but neither was the response to said attack.
  • That the US is actually going to make a bluff that weakens their foothold in the ME
You're acting as if we didn't just spend 2 decades building military infrastructure in Iraq and Kuwait. Israel's - read Mossad - ability to infiltrate extremist organizations is strategically advantageous but the war on terror if nothing else strengthened our strategic posture in the ME without the need to rely on others.
  • That it would be political suicide and just as morally reprehensible to abandon Israel and leave them to the whim of Iran
Again, you're talking about abandoning them as if our only use to them is our military aid. Are you now saying they're a vassal state?
I operate in the real world where this just isn’t part of daily conversation.

I also recognize that US media is very much an on to the next one to keep engagement up in our 24/7 news cycle.
And you also know that this is just the sort of hot take corporate media content they can ride through a typically slow holiday cycle. Come on my G.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
shaq-inside-the-nba.gif

I’m just imagining the collective response on October 8th if Biden holds a press conference saying, “we will pull all aide if Israel retaliates to the Hamas attack.”
:lolbron: this is @the cac mamba level posting now, he should be proud.

Israel could have very well carried out coordinated attacks to take out Hamas leadership. The very concept of "destroying Hamas" was an emotional one that Blinken and Biden tried to get them to not make the same costly and timely mistake we did.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have never seen a legitimate US warning for Israel to stop doing something because we keep sending them billions ever year. That's why Netanyahu stuck his finger up at Obama and Kerry. If we withhold our funding then what we say carries much more teeth and Israel loses its last wedge between itself and international condemnation. Granted, it would be hypocritical given that we do business with oppressive Islamic regimes, but those regimes do not purport to be democratic and liberal societies.

Whether the US theoretically has the power to control what Israel does is irrelevant.

The US will never attempt to withhold funding, they will never be too critical, and as far as opposing what Israel's government wants, the most the US will ever do is drag its feet.

I am sure anyone on this forum who has a clue about how politics works knows why.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
For my curiousity, is the belief here that if the US merely threatens to publicly withold funding that Israel would just fall in line?

I have a hard time believing that considering almost all of our support for Israel is because they are the key regional partner for our ambitions in the region and Israel is aware of that.
These two excerpts contradict each other

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
No, they don't. It merely shows that we have a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Hence the term Ally. :pachaha:
We have built up others in that region

Also, you can’t say the US wants to maintain its hegemony but then not use that power When the moment comes.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:lolbron: this is @the cac mamba level posting now, he should be proud.

Israel could have very well carried out coordinated attacks to take out Hamas leadership. The very concept of "destroying Hamas" was an emotional one that Blinken and Biden tried to get them to not make the same costly and timely mistake we did.
Hey, I get to have fun too! :lolbron:

I don't think, you, me, nor the Biden administration believe Israel had anything resembling a good plan. :pachaha:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
We have built up others in that region

Also, you can’t say the US wants to maintain its hegemony but then not use that power When the moment comes.
Soft power is a thing. :mjlol:
Incorrectly classifying everyone as a warmonger tends to blur lines especially when the parties in question have very different goals and ambitions.

It's a dishonest framing of an argument meant to lump everyone who isn't anti-war as all more of the the same.

You're aware of this. And you know that's why you do it.

They don't understand that people don't just call in line because of our military strength, but also the statemenship.
We did this already in 2020 with Iran under Trump. :ehh: