LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I am 100% denying there was anything the US could have done to stop them from launching a counter offensive to the Hamas terrorist attack.
That wasn't your original claim, but even then I would say yes, the US could have threatened to stop supplying the iron dome, end any funding, and end their "special relationship" with Israel, and they would have no choice but to back down. This would never happen, but the US does have the leverage to do it.

Israel is ass out without the US, surrounded by their enemies, and has been the bully on the block for decades and decades. All parties involved are aware of this.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That wasn't your original claim, but even then I would say yes, the US could have threatened to stop supplying the iron dome, end any funding, and end their "special relationship" with Israel, and they would have no choice but to back down. This would never happen, but the US does have the leverage to do it.

Israel is ass out without the US, surrounded by their enemies, and has been the bully on the block for decades and decades. All parties involved are aware of this.
My original claim is folks denied Israel’s autonomy and view them as a mere US vasal state. And for that reason folks believe that the US has the right and ability to dictate all of Israel’s foreign policy.

Your retort is invalid because it’s operating on that same assumption.

Further, you attempted to introduce new evidence from someone you have repeatedly claimed can’t be trusted at their word. :skip:

I’ll take it a step further, the US is correct in supporting Israel’s right to self defense against a hamas attack.

It’s amazing watching folks move off of the responsibile and correct position that Israel should be more measured in their response and the US should push for that to whatever this fantasyland bullshyt you’re pushing.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
For my curiousity, is the belief here that if the US merely threatens to publicly withold funding that Israel would just fall in line?

I have a hard time believing that considering almost all of our support for Israel is because they are the key regional partner for our ambitions in the region and Israel is aware of that.

We’re certainly hypocritical if we buy into the rhetoric, but I think it’s clear our only ambition is maintaining American hegemony beyond anything else.
Yes. They've done it before. Without American weapons they're food in that region

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yes. They've done it before. Without American weapons they're food in that region
They already have American weapons though :pachaha: .

And they will continue to receive support from the west due to larger geopolitical goals in the region (oil) .

In a perfect world you could apply the same faulty logic to Iran, Jordan, and Lebanon to stop funding their proxies in the region to stop this endless cycle, but this ain’t a perfect world so here we are. :manny:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
My original claim is folks denied Israel’s autonomy and view them as a mere US vasal state. And for that reason folks believe that the US has the right and ability to dictate all of Israel’s foreign policy.

Your retort is invalid because it’s operating on that same assumption.
No one claimed that to start with, but as the financier and supplier of Israel's military, I would say that the US does have the right and ability to dictate what Israel does with the weapons we've supplied them. We don't need to continue supplying them with weapons if they use them in ways that we don't want them to. Everything else you're claiming is straw man shyt.

Further, you attempted to introduce new evidence from someone you have repeatedly claimed can’t be trusted at their word. :skip:
Fair.
I’ll take it a step further, the US is correct in supporting Israel’s right to self defense against a hamas attack.
That's what this is really about. You agree with the way Israel is responding and you're running defense for them. What you call self defense human rights experts call genocide, ethnic cleansing. This self defense is killing mostly women and children. If you agree with the way they've responded then just say that. You don't need to try to dress it up to disguise it. Stand on it.

It’s amazing watching folks move off of the responsibile and correct position that Israel should be more measured in their response and the US should push for that to whatever this fantasyland bullshyt you’re pushing.
I've only seen people ask the former. I've already stated that the US would never cut funding for Israel after what happened on Oct 7th, so I don't have a clue what fantasyland shyt you're referring to. Whether they will or won't is different from the question of if they could, which is what you were denying. The US does have leverage over Israel regardless if they're going to use it or not.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
In a month or so the world's attention will be elsewhere and we won't care, tbh.

As is, support for Israel hasn't budged. The furthest allies have gone is to ask them to ne nice

That’s pretty much my view. We will move on to Friendsgiving, Black Friday, thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE, tax season, and this will be gone from the collective mind just like Ukraine is for the most part.

After that Trumps trials will be in motion and I doubt folks will give a damn.

:mjtf:

You just had a congressional vote to censure Talib over a pro-Palestinian march she spoke at, you have a $14B+ aid package to Israel contingent GOP favored cuts that isn't going to pass the Senate or get signed by Biden that will make its rounds in the news cycle for the next couple weeks.

You might personally not care, but this will still be news in a month.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
For my curiousity, is the belief here that if the US merely threatens to publicly withold funding that Israel would just fall in line?

I have a hard time believing that considering almost all of our support for Israel is because they are the key regional partner for our ambitions in the region and Israel is aware of that.

We’re certainly hypocritical if we buy into the rhetoric, but I think it’s clear our only ambition is maintaining American hegemony beyond anything else.
You have a hard time believing that the country who needs billions of dollars in aid from us to fight Hamas and to shore up their country's security annually, is going to to ignore us if we threaten to stop playing sugar daddy?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have a hard time believing that the country who needs billions of dollars in aid from us to fight Hamas and to shore up their country's security annually, is going to to ignore us if we threaten to stop playing sugar daddy?
if america pulls its support, Sccitland is a glass parking lot by tuesday :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No, what im not doing is partaking in an exercise what im not doing is operating in a though experiment vacuum where we pretend:

• The US is going to change its stance on responding to terror attacks
  • Withdraw funding from Israel which will ultimately lead to larger conflict and humanitarian crisis (ww3?)
  • Pretend Netanyahu actually survives not attacking hamas
  • That he wouldn’t just be replaced by someone who would
  • The Hamas attack was somehow justified
  • That the US is actually going to make a bluff that weakens their foothold in the ME
  • That it would be political suicide and just as morally reprehensible to abandon Israel and leave them to the whim of Iran
:mjtf:

You just had a congressional vote to censure Talib over a pro-Palestinian march she spoke at, you have a $14B+ aid package to Israel contingent GOP favored cuts that isn't going to pass the Senate or get signed by Biden that will make its rounds in the news cycle for the next couple weeks.

You might personally not care, but this will still be news in a month.

I operate in the real world where this just isn’t part of daily conversation.

I also recognize that US media is very much an on to the next one to keep engagement up in our 24/7 news cycle.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
shaq-inside-the-nba.gif

I’m just imagining the collective response on October 8th if Biden holds a press conference saying, “we will pull all aide if Israel retaliates to the Hamas attack.”