Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
You can back all the way to the creation Islam, or even back to the creation of Judaism.

but the actual people who are refugees in Gaza aren't from the Roman Empire era. Many of their parents were born in the territory whose government is bombing them now

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another surgical strike by israel

Last edited by a moderator:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
but the actual people who are refugees in Gaza aren't from the Roman Empire era. Many of their parents were born in the territory whose government is bombing them now

Yea, but the Semitic people have been living there for tens of thousands of years. The only new thing introduced is religious divide.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
So much was happening elsewhere in the region — the Egyptian and Libyan revolutions, the Syrian civil war, dramatic changes in Yemen and elections in Tunisia — that a few rockets a day that sent tens of thousands of Israeli civilians into bomb shelters drew little attention. But in the Israeli view, the necessity of a Gaza operation has been growing steadily throughout the Arab Spring turmoil.

In 2009, after the Israeli invasion pushed Hamas back and killed about 1,400 people in Gaza, 200 rockets hit Israel. The same was true in 2010. But last year the number rose to 600, and before this week the number this year was 700, according to the Israeli military. The problem went beyond rockets to mines planted near the border aimed at Israeli military jeeps and the digging of explosive-filled tunnels.

“In 2008 we managed to minimize rocket fire from Gaza significantly,” said Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich, a military spokeswoman. “We started that year with 100 rockets a week and ended it with two a week. We were able to give people in our south two to three years. But the grass has grown, and other things have as well. Different jihadist ideologies have found their way into Gaza, including quite a few terrorist organizations. More weapons have come in, including the Fajr-5, which is Iranian made and can hit Tel Aviv. That puts nearly our entire population in range. So we reached a point where we cannot act with restraint any longer.”

Israel Sticks to Tough Approach in Conflict With Hamas - NYTimes.com

Is this true?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Yea, but the Semitic people have been living there for tens of thousands of years. The only new thing introduced is religious divide.

but there's been different countries there, war and all that for all that time. plenty of jewish people sought refuge from marauding christians under muslims in jerusalem. the question is about this particular war. I think just going "oh it's religion" is kinda hand-wavey and doesn't account for the actual situation there

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
but there's been different countries there, war and all that for all that time. plenty of jewish people sought refuge from marauding christians under muslims in jerusalem. the question is about this particular war. I think just going "oh it's religion" is kinda hand-wavey and doesn't account for the actual situation there

I think some things are that simple sadly.

Christianity is a good example of the "rollercoaster" fanaticism that religions go through. One moment religions are living side by side in peace, then extremists take over and implement disastrous relations. It's not unheard of. See Africa for example. You have essentially people are cousins, linked genetically in very small approximates of ancestors, killing each other for land to install their belief system. The same people killing each other over a belief.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I think some things are that simple sadly.

Christianity is a good example of the "rollercoaster" fanaticism that religions go through. One moment religions are living side by side in peace, then extremists take over and implement disastrous relations. It's not unheard of.

I don't know we seem to be talking at cross purposes. Before 1948 millions of arabs didn't happen to be dispossessed and living in refugee camps. After that they have been. Seems to me like something new happened.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I don't know we seem to be talking at cross purposes. Before 1948 millions of arabs didn't happen to be dispossessed and living in refugee camps. After that they have been. Seems to me like something new happened.

Yea, the Zionists got their way to install their theocracy.

You are acting like I'm Pro-Israel or something. You know me better than that.