☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
as much shyt as I get in here on my stance, I hope yall watch Bill Maher tonight and you’ll see that I am NOT a fukking bigot because Bill maher sounds like an absolute dumbass on this issue and denies the absolute violence taking place by Israel.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
That Atlantic article is pure propaganda bullshyt. Purposefully misleading, and a hit piece on critics of Israel and leftists.

"Most Israelis are descended from people who migrated to the Holy Land from 1881 to 1949."

Yes, with the aid of Britain, that's when the settler colonialism began. They didn't think the Nakba was worth even mentioning at all? The death of 15k and the ousting of 700k Palestinians from 1947-1949 seems like it should be the first thing mentioned in an article on colonialism. The only reason to omit the Nakba is to mislead people.

"They were not completely new to the region. Today Israel is the only home of 9 million Israelis who have lived there for multiple generations."

"Multiple generations," as if the history of Israeli colonialism only starts after 1949, and nothing before can be discussed. Omitting the fact that before the Nakba, the native Arab Jews, while a minority, lived in relative peace with the Arab Muslims and Christians in the area, also clearly done to mislead people. Also omits the fact that Israel opened up citizenship to Jews around the world to come and settle the area specifically to pump up their population size to overtake the Arab majority.

“Even more preposterous than the ‘colonizer’ label is the ‘whiteness’ trope that is key to the decolonization ideology … Israel has a large community of Ethiopian Jews, and about half of all Israelis … are Mizrahi, the descendants of Jews from Arab and Persian lands,” Montefiore notes.⁠"

You don't need to be white to be a colonizer. Entirely disingenuous take. Also it's worth mentioning the history of discrimination Arab and Ethiopian Jews faced from white Azeknazi Jews immediately after they were ousted from Europe and settled into Palestine. Arab Jews were specifically placed as a buffer between Azkenazi Jews and the Arab populations they just ousted/massacred and had just went to war against. This is where some of the first critique of whiteness in Israel comes from, and it is intertwined with the history of Israel/Palestine.

This is worse than Fox news level reporting. The amount of times I've seen a twisted version of history being broadcast from supposed legitimate news organizations is fukking crazy.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta have this difficult convo…its saying what I’ve kinda been saying…people are playing fast and loose with this racial angle...

Screenshot-2023-10-27-at-19-44-33.png

Theres a lot of sephardic and Mizrahi jews in Israel…close to 50% :francis:

@voiture @Creflo ½ Dollar @invalid @Pressure @ADevilYouKhow @88m3

Some good points here.

The racial narrative is misleading and oversimplified.

Palestinians are not as "brown" as people like to think. And Israelis are not as "white" as people like to think.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
We gotta have this difficult convo…its saying what I’ve kinda been saying…people are playing fast and loose with this racial angle...

This whole post is complete bullshyt and I’ll debunk it tomorrow. Even though a lot of the talking points have already been debunked in this thread already

that guy

Superstar
Daps
That Atlantic article is pure propaganda bullshyt. Purposefully misleading, and a hit piece on critics of Israel and leftists.

"Most Israelis are descended from people who migrated to the Holy Land from 1881 to 1949."

Yes, with the aid of Britain, that's when the settler colonialism began. They didn't think the Nakba was worth even mentioning at all? The death of 15k and the ousting of 700k Palestinians from 1947-1949 seems like it should be the first thing mentioned in an article on colonialism. The only reason to omit the Nakba is to mislead people.

"They were not completely new to the region. Today Israel is the only home of 9 million Israelis who have lived there for multiple generations."

"Multiple generations," as if the history of Israeli colonialism only starts after 1949, and nothing before can be discussed. Omitting the fact that before the Nakba, the native Arab Jews, while a minority, lived in relative peace with the Arab Muslims and Christians in the area, also clearly done to mislead people. Also omits the fact that Israel opened up citizenship to Jews around the world to come and settle the area specifically to pump up their population size to overtake the Arab majority.

“Even more preposterous than the ‘colonizer’ label is the ‘whiteness’ trope that is key to the decolonization ideology … Israel has a large community of Ethiopian Jews, and about half of all Israelis … are Mizrahi, the descendants of Jews from Arab and Persian lands,” Montefiore notes.⁠"

You don't need to be white to be a colonizer. Entirely disingenuous take. Also it's worth mentioning the history of discrimination Arab and Ethiopian Jews faced from white Azeknazi Jews immediately after they were ousted from Europe and settled into Palestine. Arab Jews were specifically placed as a buffer between Azkenazi Jews and the Arab populations they just ousted/massacred and had just went to war against. This is where some of the first critique of whiteness in Israel comes from, and it is intertwined with the history of Israel/Palestine.

This is worse than Fox news level reporting. The amount of times I've seen a twisted version of history being broadcast from supposed legitimate news organizations is fukking crazy.
Damn you beat me to it I was going to debunk all that bullshyt tomorrow :mjlol:

that guy

Superstar
Daps

The author:
Simon Sebag Montefiore was born in London. His father was psychotherapist Stephen Eric Sebag Montefiore (1926–2014), a great-grandson of the banker Sir Joseph Sebag-Montefiore, the nephew and heir of the wealthy philanthropist Sir Moses Montefiore,[3] considered by some "the most important Jew of the 19th century".[4]

These white Jews never stop with their lies and propaganda. I read that article and said only a caucasian jew would write something so asisine:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Damn you beat me to it I was going to debunk all that bullshyt tomorrow :mjlol:
The problem here is y’all want black people to pick a side based on historically race based applications of colonialism, something this is not.

Largely why I consider it clown shoes to try and draw parallels between South Africa and US chattel slavery as an emotional play for black Americans.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I just broke down a single paragraph. Feel free to deconstruct the rest.
I might not even bother. Check my last post, the author is a white BRITISH Jew. I don’t even take the article serious anymore it’s just more pro-Israel Jewish propaganda at this point like photos of beheaded babies.