☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
When Arizona was ceded to the USA, the actual permanant population was almost entirely Native American outside of the missions and some recent White settlers primarily of American origin. Most of the Natives died of disease, warfare, or other side effects of forced displacement. The rest either live on Indian reservations or have integrated into society. Most of the white people stayed. There were probably some small number who left and went to Mexico, especially a few who had Mexican government/military status, but the # would have been so small that it would be impossible to parse them now.
This wasn’t an answer to his question.

Are all “indigenous” claims to land valid?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why? You keep claiming they’re all inadequate deals.

Ok. We see how not taking those deals turned out.

They were never given an option to take that deal, and you know that. Stop lying.

1) You started out this line of conversation claiming that no one had pushed for Palestinian soverignity in the 1960s, despite admitting that you didn't even know if that was true and were basically making it up off of random hearsay.

2) When I challenged you to substantiate that bullshyt, you deflected and said the Palestinians should have taken one of the deals Israel offered.

3) When I challenged you to actually describe the offer they should have taken, you gave the Clinton Parameters, a third-party idea that Israel NEVER put on the table, and which Palestine was perfectly willing to keep working from but Israel broke off negoiations and never came back to the table.

4) Challenged again to actually answer #3, you circled back to #2 and are just vaguely accusing them of "not taking deals" again, still without being able to tell me what deal Isarel actually ever offered them that they should have taken.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
They were never given an option to take that deal, and you know that. Stop lying.

1) You started out this line of conversation claiming that no one had pushed for Palestinian soverignity in the 1960s, despite admitting that you didn't even know if that was true and were basically making it up off of random hearsay.

2) When I challenged you to substantiate that bullshyt, you deflected and said the Palestinians should have taken one of the deals Israel offered.

3) When I challenged you to actually describe the offer they should have taken, you gave the Clinton Parameters, a third-party idea that Israel NEVER put on the table, and which Palestine was perfectly willing to keep working from but Israel broke off negoiations and never came back to the table.

4) Instead of telling me which deal Israel actually offered them that they should have taken, you circled back to #2 and are just vaguely accusing them of "not taking deals" again, still without being able to tell me what deal Isarel actually ever offered them that they should have taken.
You gotta stop talking to them. They are nuts. Its a waste of time and many of us have them blocked so we can't even see the insane things the collective are saying.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

Trickle down blood economics :wow:

People always thought Bomani and other media figures were stealing ideas from The Coli but the White House really might be perusing this thread for the dumbest talking points :dead:

Note the date of this tweet/article, this is a constant talking point that never gets interrogated.

This is basically the more wonky version of the Foreign Policy piece:

If you're going to read one make it the second one. Arms sales are actually kind of fascinating.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Arguments from authority are logical fallacies

If this is colonization, where are the colonies?

The colonies are the places now full of European-descent Jews. :dahell:

How was it an "argument from authority" for me to post that the ZIONISTS THEMSELVES said they were colonizers? :why:

Zionism and Palestine before the First World War

"It is worth recalling in this connection that at the turn of the century, Zionism's similarities to other projects of colonization were not a source of embarrassment or shame for most of the movement's adherents; indeed, they often saw them as a selling point. Zionist leaders studied and sought to learn from the experience of European colonial-settlement enterprises in places like Algeria, Rhodesia, and Kenya, and many imagined their own endeavor as similar in certain ways.[7] Moreover, the Zionist movement readily used such terms as “colony,” “colonial,” and “colonization” to refer to its activities; thus, for example, the original name of its financial arm was the Jewish Colonial Trust. It was only later, after the First World War, that colonialism came to have strongly pejorative connotations for many Europeans. As a consequence the Zionist movement sought to dissociate itself from other European projects of colonization and settlement, began to stress the uniqueness and noncolonial character of its mission and methods, and stopped using such terms, at least in languages other than Hebrew."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All this prevarication you do to deny being a class reductionist or your critiques of capitalism come from the same well of obfuscation and a lack of accountability for your convictions or stances. Anytime you get directly challenged then it’s a question of epistemology and philosophical goal tending.

Last time you ran with these "class reductionist" claims, you found yourself incapable of finding a single example of me making a class reductionist argument, while I turned around and posted your own favorite politicians doing it multiple times. Everyone knows that it's just your catch-all slur you use for everyone you don't like. You've made it worthless.

What world do you live in with good deals?

I bet if you ask them now they would have taken many of these past deals.

I'm still waiting for you to post ANY deal that Israel actually offered them. I've challenged you to do that four times, and all you've posted was the Clinton deal that Israel themselves said was unacceptable.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You gotta stop talking to them. They are nuts. Its a waste of time and many of us have them blocked so we can't even see the insane things the collective are saying.

I had Vipul and company blocked for like 5 years or something, now I'm putting in the good fight for the unaware masses who might think his talking points actually have substance. If I can just keep combatting him until the next shift change, I've found Deepak to be much more reasonable, especially when it comes to Middle Eastern policy. He probably worked in Qatar for a couple years before coming back to the call center in Bangalore that all this shyt eminates from.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I had Vipul and company blocked for like 5 years or something, now I'm putting in the good fight for the unaware masses who might think his talking points actually have substance. If I can just keep combatting him until the next shift change, I've found Deepak to be much more reasonable, especially when it comes to Middle Eastern policy. He probably worked in Qatar for a couple years before coming back to the call center in Bangalore that all this shyt eminates from.

Why do you support Arab nationalism?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bad deals are deals

Consequences abound.
Did Palestinians reject some half-dozen deals over the years?

Why?
You keep saying these deals are bad.
They should take the deals that prevent us from arguing on The Coli over it years later
4) Challenged again to actually answer #3, you circled back to #2 and are just vaguely accusing them of "not taking deals" again, still without being able to tell me what deal Isarel actually ever offered them that they should have taken.
Fam if you don’t want Israel to exist just say so. I’m personally ambivalent on the matter but the facts on the ground indicate that Palestinians have even less leverage than they did 2 weeks ago and I’m asking what it is that I’m supposed to be verklempt over.

Gaza atrocities are bad and need to end. Ok. Then what?

All this “free Palestine” talk doesn’t indicate what I’m supposed to take away here. Is that another “from the river to the sea” or just “leave Gaza alone”

The language is slippery and you know this. That’s why you’re being opaque about it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So why do you support Palestines claim to the land if you don’t support Arab nationalism ?

I support Palestinians being able to live with some semblance of human decency and rights in their own land. So long as Israel has refused to allow that in the nation they govern, the only option is for Palestinians to govern the land themselves .

I've said in the past that I'd have nothing against a one-nation solution where everyone had equal rights whether they were Jewish or not (in fact I'd prefer it), but Israel has precluded the possibilty.