Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
If Biden does lose, and Haley or Desantis get voted in..

Palestinians really gonna get fukked both here and abroad.
Ye. The one thing about Republicans is their base supports wars and destruction. I believe we're going to see a much larger drop for bidens base. He's handling this horribly

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
LOL

“Varying levels of understanding as to the causes”

Yeah yall were celebrating the shyt and saying Israel had it coming.

Aight fam. :

When you’re willing to ignore the numerous times the Arabs and Palestinians tried to wipe out the Jews and lost numerous wars a lot of this will make more sense

Keep an open mind

:manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Maybe they should have taken the previous deals.

I already gave you the link proving the previous deal you claimed was never even available. Clinton's negotiators came up with a compromise, BOTH sides said they had reservations and couldn't accept it, and Israel never came back to the bargaining table.

None of that related to the original question you asked about Jordan in the 1960s or whatever. You're just deflecting towards a different question.

And it's rewriting history to suggest that the Clinton Parameters were actually on the table and the Palestinians simply rejected them. BOTH sides said that the Clinton Parameters were not workable as written, and Palestine offered to keep negotiating from that starting point but they were taken off the table just a few days later.

In case you're interested in the actual sticking points:

1) Israeli Jews were being allowed to keep most of East Jerusalem as well as their illegal settlements in Palestine

2) The land being given to Israeli settlers in the West Bank would have meant Palestine was broken up into up to 5 different discontinguous territories (Gaza, an isolated island in East Jerusalem, and either 2 or 3 separated sections of the West Bank). This is an untenable manner to operate a country when your mortal enemy controls your own movement between each little separate part of your territory.

3) The lack of Right of Return as guarenteed in the Geneva Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UN General Assembly Resolution 194 and UN General Assembly Resolution 3236. The right of those people who were forcibly displaced from their land to return if they so choose. Israel rejected this on blatant demographic terms (the equivilent of admitting that genocide - the eliminating of a certain group of people from the land - had always been their aim).

4) Israel demanded that Palestine be demilitarized, that Israel would be allowed to have radar stations within the West Bank, that Israel could deploy soldiers on the West Bank/Jordan border, and that Israel retained the right to deploy troops into Palestine when it felt appropriate. This was a fairly large interferance with Palestinian soveignity, though from what I understand it was actually less of a sticking point than East Jerusalem, the carving out of the West Bank into different sections, and Right of Return.

5) Israel demanded that Palestine give up the right to negotiate any future demands, ever. So if they accepted the deal on Israel's terms, they could never negotiate for any greater control in East Jerusalem, any Right of Return for more families, any change to the status of Israeli military installations within their own borders, etc.

Why don't you post the actual deal that was actually ever on the table from Israel for Palestine to accept? Link the specifics, not some ignorant tweet from a decade later.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
LOL

“Varying levels of understanding as to the causes”

Yeah yall were celebrating the shyt and saying Israel had it coming.

Aight fam. :

I already proved you were lying. Why did you respond to him and not me?

Energy in this thread is different from the first few hours when people were *CELEBRATING* Israel being caught off guard. Now its crying for fair play.

You're outright lying. Here's the first page.

I just scrolled through the first 150 posts (10 pages) of the conflict. That covers 16 hours. The energy in the thread that ENTIRE time was that Hamas had committed suicide with this attack and a bunch of Palestinians were going to die. The closet thing to anyone celebrating was some poster named @THE 101 posting one comment saying, "Let's go!"

I'm sure somewhere in the 2000 comments since the conflict began, someone has celebrated. But you claiming that was the energy in this thread is a total lie. The energy in this thread from the very beginning has been depressed and sad.

The thread is right there. I'm linking right to it. Show us at what point in the first few hours the "energy" was people CELEBRATING.

You're so full of shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This isn’t colonialism. Displacement. Ethnic cleansing etc maybe. But there’s no COLONIES here.

This desire to use the most stark terms to heighten the contradiction is disrespectful to inquiry and academic integrity.

Yeah, let's check that "academic integrity", why don't we?

Zionism and Palestine before the First World War

"It is worth recalling in this connection that at the turn of the century, Zionism's similarities to other projects of colonization were not a source of embarrassment or shame for most of the movement's adherents; indeed, they often saw them as a selling point. Zionist leaders studied and sought to learn from the experience of European colonial-settlement enterprises in places like Algeria, Rhodesia, and Kenya, and many imagined their own endeavor as similar in certain ways.[7] Moreover, the Zionist movement readily used such terms as “colony,” “colonial,” and “colonization” to refer to its activities; thus, for example, the original name of its financial arm was the Jewish Colonial Trust. It was only later, after the First World War, that colonialism came to have strongly pejorative connotations for many Europeans. As a consequence the Zionist movement sought to dissociate itself from other European projects of colonization and settlement, began to stress the uniqueness and noncolonial character of its mission and methods, and stopped using such terms, at least in languages other than Hebrew."

So Israeli colonialists happily called themselves colonialists so long as White people were their heroes and role models. It was only when popular sentiment turned against colonizers that they changed the language up.

You ate their propaganda up hook, line, and sinker, but then when I speak from reality, you call me the disingenuous one?

You all love just saying the most extreme shyt to justify your position.

Just like Jimmy Carter writing for Israel's longest-running and most respected newspaper, right?

Colonization of Palestine Precludes Peace

Israel's colonisation of Palestine blocking peace, says Jimmy Carter

Look at that extremist. :francis:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You were deflecting. Who knows why you were deflecting, but you were very open that you were trying to deflect from what Israel was doing to the Palestinians who came from within their own borders in order to start talking about other countries that Palestinians aren't from.

Your hypothetical makes no sense and doesn't have any parallel to what is going on in Israel. Who are we even talking about? Is there some concentration camp on the Arizona border that I'm unaware of, full of Latinos who got kicked out of Arizona?

If there was some remotely parallel situation to discuss, then yes, I'd almost certainly side with the displaced persons. Your hypothetical is difficult to discuss because there aren't even any actual refugees to talk about in it.

Funny that you refuse to answer my very real hypothetical involving real persons, but want me to answer your hypothetical about imaginary persons.

Are Palestinians actually responsible for anything here?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The thread is right there. I'm linking right to it. Show us at what point in the first few hours the "energy" was people CELEBRATING.

You're so full of shyt.
All this prevarication you do to deny being a class reductionist or your critiques of capitalism come from the same well of obfuscation and a lack of accountability for your convictions or stances. Anytime you get directly challenged then it’s a question of epistemology and philosophical goal tending.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah, let's check that "academic integrity", why don't we?

Zionism and Palestine before the First World War

"It is worth recalling in this connection that at the turn of the century, Zionism's similarities to other projects of colonization were not a source of embarrassment or shame for most of the movement's adherents; indeed, they often saw them as a selling point. Zionist leaders studied and sought to learn from the experience of European colonial-settlement enterprises in places like Algeria, Rhodesia, and Kenya, and many imagined their own endeavor as similar in certain ways.[7] Moreover, the Zionist movement readily used such terms as “colony,” “colonial,” and “colonization” to refer to its activities; thus, for example, the original name of its financial arm was the Jewish Colonial Trust. It was only later, after the First World War, that colonialism came to have strongly pejorative connotations for many Europeans. As a consequence the Zionist movement sought to dissociate itself from other European projects of colonization and settlement, began to stress the uniqueness and noncolonial character of its mission and methods, and stopped using such terms, at least in languages other than Hebrew."

So Israeli colonialists happily called themselves colonialists so long as White people were their heroes and role models. It was only when popular sentiment turned against colonizers that they changed the language up.

You ate their propaganda up hook, line, and sinker, but then when I speak from reality, you call me the disingenuous one?

Just like Jimmy Carter writing for Israel's longest-running and most respected newspaper, right?

Colonization of Palestine Precludes Peace

Israel's colonisation of Palestine blocking peace, says Jimmy Carter

Look at that extremist. :francis:
Arguments from authority are logical fallacies

If this is colonization, where are the colonies?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You don't care for the point. You haven't cared for the point. And you won't care for the point.

You support the defense industry.

I really hope you at least have financial ownership in the pain and suffering, but you probably don't because this is a weird "way to go Joe!" moment for you.
What’s with the defense industry point? Do weapons cost too much? Is that your complaint?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I already gave you the link proving the previous deal you claimed was never even available. Clinton's negotiators came up with a compromise, BOTH sides said they had reservations and couldn't accept it, and Israel never came back to the bargaining table.
What world do you live in with good deals?

I bet if you ask them now they would have taken many of these past deals.