The Official "I Don't Leave A Tip" Thread

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
People act as though tipping is mandatory it's suppose to be a reward you give the server for doing a good job. However there are servers out there who feel that you OWE them a tip and that they DESERVE a tip simply because that's what they're use to.

You got people scared to go back to places because, "Oh I don't want them to spit in my food. Gotta leave a tip." :dry:

Instead of those people being called out for being nasty and dirty for spitting in people's food, other's let it slide because..."Well that's why you tip." Nah, man that's NOT why you tip. SMH at getting so mad about not getting a tip that you're tampering with other people's food.

Again, I tip but I don't have to.

Also why not tip people like firemen they save people's lives! Surely they deserve a tip over a guy bringing me my plate from the back.

:manny:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
People act as though tipping is mandatory it's suppose to be a reward you give the server for doing a good job.

no, a GOOD tip is for servers that do a good job. a tip is standard fare...part of the game.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
no, a GOOD tip is for servers that do a good job. a tip is standard fare...part of the game.
Here's the thing though...who writes these rules?

:yeshrug:

Who says?

:manny:

It's like sometimes people giving you :birdman: looks when you open the door for them, I didn't HAVE to open the door at least give me a thanks or head nod. People stop appreciating things when you give it to them no matter what. I use to get tips at an older job and I appreciated every one. I didn't act like I was OWED one and I didn't get upset when I had no tips...why? Because I was getting paychecks too.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
doesnt make any sense. tipping is part of eating out. that shyt aint new

you should always tip breh. always. otherwise you are essentially cheating somebody

Cheating? How

If a meal is 20.53 the 20.53 is what I'll pay, who am I cheating?

The restaurant which is paying their workers cheaply?

The waiter or waitress who decides to get paid less than min wages? Your choice not mine

National hiring day at McDonald's may 11

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Cheating? How

If a meal is 20.53 the 20.53 is what I'll pay, who am I cheating?

The restaurant which is paying their workers cheaply?

The waiter or waitress who decides to get paid less than min wages? Your choice not mine

National hiring day at McDonald's may 11

It works like this:

10% - shytty service.
15% - Average service.
20% - Above average service.

You do realize that servers get taxed on their tips and actually get no check the vast majority of the time, right? Not to mention they also are usually required to tip out a percentage of their sales to support staff like bartenders and bussers. Like someone else said, you don't like the system, don't go out to eat. You just sound broke and ignorant.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
It works like this:

10% - shytty service.
15% - Average service.
20% - Above average service.

You do realize that servers get taxed on their tips and actually get no check the vast majority of the time, right? Not to mention they also are usually required to tip out a percentage of their sales to support staff like bartenders and bussers. Like someone else said, you don't like the system, don't go out to eat. You just sound broke and ignorant.

I gotta agree with this if you don't want to tip for good service at a restaurant keep your ass at home and make your own steak

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Do you get tips at your job? Thought s

I go to a restaurant and pay 30 for a steak why should I pay another 5 etc because some prick is bringing our my food from the back?

Tipping is illegal, if you go to Europe, Asia they don't tip, this is only a stupid north American practice because owners are to cheap to pay min wage

Not my fault

Exactly, why is it that no other minimum wage labor worker expects tips except for waitress and waiters? They get paid by their employers to cater, so they should do that and keep it moving, just like the rest of us.

Besides, i always eat out in open kitchens, so I normally watch the chefs preparing my food like this :shaq: just hoping they try and do something stupid to my food.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
You know what? I cosign this thread now

chick at Dunkin donuts just threw my bag with food at me on the counter like I didn't exist because I didn't give a tip

bytch my job averages 150 costumers an hour near grand central and I get nothing and I'm suppose to tip you for toasting a bagel?
fukk YOU

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
§ansprix™;26222 said:
Just a word of advice. As someone who used to work in restaurants, do nto plan on going back to that establishment if u don't tip. Some places I worked at kept people's names if they paid by credit card so the next time they came in, they'd get their food fukked with. Or they'd just remember faces if the people went there a lot. It's fukked up but trust, it does happen and a lot more than u think. Especially pizza delivery people, they pray that u order from them again to purposely fukk with ya shyt. You don't know how much nasty shyt I've seen/heard because of people who don't tip.

I always tip at least 18-20% for good service. 15% for average service.

:birdman: this is the biggest myth going.

ive worked in numerous restaurants and fast food joints. NOBODY is going out the way to mess with your food cuz you didnt tip. if they did its instant termination...

at a pizza spot they keep your info, but if youre rude or don't tip all they're going to do is take longer to bring your food. that spitting stuff is so overexaggerated.

i have no problem with most tipping. i do have a problem with tipping cab drivers, valets, and other random people. why should i tip a cab driver? cuz he got me there safely? :childplease: that's his job

eating out is different cuz they're catering to you and serving you.​

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i always tip and always tip well. if my service is shytty, i tip 20% just because i don't feel like being a cheap cornball. my girl has a second job as a server, i feel like i am helping someone out who is busting their ass. but then again i am respectful to servers as well because generally their jobs suck dikk.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I always tip and tip well, but I don't believe in tipping. I would rather pay more for food then give someone a tip.

None of these people deserve a tip, and the people who deserve a tip never receive one.

Also all of the talk about waitstaff doing nasty things to my food dosen't phase me. The same people who would spit in your food for not tipping, would do it for any other reason also. Why dosen't anyone ever consider that your food may be getting messed with irregardless of the situation

:krs: not a single sentence in here is grounded in logic

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
You know what? I cosign this thread now

chick at Dunkin donuts just threw my bag with food at me on the counter like I didn't exist because I didn't give a tip

bytch my job averages 150 costumers an hour near grand central and I get nothing and I'm suppose to tip you for toasting a bagel?
fukk YOU

:wtf: You serious? fukk that bytch, if you expect a tip at dunkin doughnuts kill yourself. I only tip at nice sitdown restaurants and delivery.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
blacks are known for not tipping (not saying all) and thats why they get poor service at restaurants.

taxi drivers make money based off tips too and ya'll wonder why they never stop for ya'll

Flip that:

Blacks are known for getting poor service at restaurants and that's why they don't tip.