The Official Homeowners Thread

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Gutter routing def worked but I'm waterproofing this basement later this year or early next year:unimpressed:

We have a high water table and it deciding to flash flood every other few days is ridiculous

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The weeds having been growing out of control this season.. got a monster plant growing under my deck. Making it through the holes in my under deck covering

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My prior home owner insurance company has been cutting me the same check at least 4 times. Keeping asking me if I want them to reissue.. who am I to complain :yeshrug:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Has anyone in here had their place wired for ethernet? I’m about to start looking into some quotes to get a few rooms hooked up with cat 6 or cat 7 cabling.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
Has anyone in here had their place wired for ethernet? I’m about to start looking into some quotes to get a few rooms hooked up with cat 6 or cat 7 cabling.
My house was pre-wired, but for rooms that weren't, I used these things and they work great:
Search Amazon for TP-Link Powerline Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit - AV1000 Gigabit Port...

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh for the past year or so, my neighbor has been cutting over on my side of the front lawn. Admittedly when I first bought my house, I cut his lawn, not knowing where the properly line was. We eventually had a talk and he was upset that I cut it too low.. but this was over 3 years ago. He agreed then that we should take turns cutting each other yards..I didn't agree tho and kinda held some sentiment that he had the audacity to approach me.
The past year or 2, him and his son has been habitually stepping over boundaries. My wife tried to play it off as no big deal and I didn't want to be THAT neighbor, so I let it slide. I've spoke with his son about it and even the dad. With his dad copping pleas and actually avoiding eye contact with me. Things then gpt better. The past few weeks we've had other people cut our lawn (due to having a newborn)and maybe twice in the past 5months, we've went over maybe 1 foot. The other day he cut his lawn and maybe went over 5 feet into our lawn. I'm trying to go about this as professional as possible but I think I've had it.
Today went into my archives and found my home survey and realized I was right, he needs hands and feet put to him. Even checked out the country mapping. Out of the 6 side walk stones we share in the front, property lines starts at the 2nd stone from his house, and everything else to the left belongs to me. He's been starting cutting awhole stone and 3/4 into mine.
Today I will send him these when I get back and if he doesn't comply, I'm digging up his yard with a shovel, Undertaker style the next time I cut mine.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
From what I’ve read, you inadvertently restarted the feud by going over a foot into his lawn.

If I were you, I’d explain to your neighbor you had new people cut your lawn and they made mistakes. Show him your documents and remind him where the boundaries are. After that you did all you can reasonably do. If he tries you again, do what you gotta do :manny:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I’ve read, you inadvertently restarted the feud by going over a foot into his lawn.

If I were you, I’d explain to your neighbor you had new people cut your lawn and they made mistakes. Show him your documents and remind him where the boundaries are. After that you did all you can reasonably do. If he tries you again, do what you gotta do :manny:
Thing is he's been over stepping boundaries for a long time now. I texted him and looking forward to showing him my graphs when I get home. In the past 5 month, I would say he's gonna over every single time.. now enough for me to fuss but enough for me to notice.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thing is he's been over stepping boundaries for a long time now. I texted him and looking forward to showing him my graphs when I get home. In the past 5 month, I would say he's gonna over every single time.. now enough for me to fuss but enough for me to notice.
How’d it go?

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How’d it go?
He told me that their was no problems. I honestly don't think he gets it. I'd much rather he just cut grass on his side. But we agreed to cut each other's yard when we do cut our grass..since we don't currently cut in the same days and thewe the way our lawn is angled, theirs no border between our homes, so it'll always look off when either one of us cut it. I'll settle for that for now. He he doesn't cut my yard next time he cuts his, I'll figure something else out

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm slowly re-doing the landscaping around my house and this shyt is back breaking. I mentioned before that my yards were filled with nothing but landscaping rocks. They are 6-12 inches deep into the ground too. :unimpressed:

Made quite a bit of progress but still a long ways to go. My body is aching all the time from doing this all summer. :mjcry:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
I'm slowly re-doing the landscaping around my house and this shyt is back breaking. I mentioned before that my yards were filled with nothing but landscaping rocks. They are 6-12 inches deep into the ground too. :unimpressed:

Made quite a bit of progress but still a long ways to go. My body is aching all the time from doing this all summer. :mjcry:
i was trying to move some stones in the front yard, small pavers. Found out underneath them, like 8 inches below the pavers are an ENTIRE OTHER SET OF PAVERS.

i spoke to one of my neighbors, they were getting their driveway redone, in some parts there was another driveway underneath, in some parts 8-12in of concrete. what were people doing in the 80s