The Official Homeowners Thread

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
plumber tried to charge me $900 to replace a toilet when all that had to happen was to flip the gasket over. or to replace the flush valve, wanted to charge $1200.

I've since learned that contractors specifically charge goofy prices so that they don't have to do work. If this is the case, I appreciate his consideration because i figured it out.

Don't think thats the case though.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
plumber tried to charge me $900 to replace a toilet when all that had to happen was to flip the gasket over. or to replace the flush valve, wanted to charge $1200.

I've since learned that contractors specifically charge goofy prices so that they don't have to do work. If this is the case, I appreciate his consideration because i figured it out.

Plumbers and electricians are notorious for gouging. I dont like their "service call" charge either. Thats why when I find a good handyman, I hold on to them.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That’s called the fukk you pay me price.

It means they are already incredibly busy and only care to put you on the schedule if you’re willing to pay the incredibly inflated price. They especially do this on small jobs like yours.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This damn contractor stays nickel and diming more money for every little thing and his prices make no sense. I hit him with the nah, you bid on the space, you can’t charge more because “I didn’t know it had a backsplash”. $2000 for a backsplash? FOH. You said you doing the whole bathroom, that means whatever backsplash it has

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

If your not doing 90% of the jobs in your home your gnna take a L.

I try to do as much as I can myself but my professional background is probably what makes me comfortable to do so.

Just copped a new BBQ think about getting a smoker also