The Official Homeowners Thread

Daps
What’s the consensus on living in apartment at 30?

Not there yet but man I feel down about now having a house atm.

Go at your own pace breh. I didn't buy the crib I'm in until I was 36. Did the shyt by myself and I only did it because the apartment people started getting to intrusive with the questions they asked for qualifications. Honestly, if I had to BUY at the these rates and prices I might wait. Don't feel down. If you do rush into something now make sure you refi when you can. I bought at 5.2 and refied down to 2.5 during covid. Run your own race.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
my tax bill increased from 2700 to 3200 bumping my mortgage up 100.00.

I'm fuming. my baby brother back home in Oakland mortgage on his duplex jumped 700.00. I've heard horror stories around Gwinnett county

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Go at your own pace breh. I didn't buy the crib I'm in until I was 36. Did the shyt by myself and I only did it because the apartment people started getting to intrusive with the questions they asked for qualifications. Honestly, if I had to BUY at the these rates and prices I might wait. Don't feel down. If you do rush into something now make sure you refi when you can. I bought at 5.2 and refied down to 2.5 during covid. Run your own race.
How long does that 2.5 refi last is it a 3-5 year time frame or throughout the whole loan.

Daps
How long does that 2.5 refi last is it a 3-5 year time frame or throughout the whole loan.
It's the entire life of the loan. The 5.2 was on a 30 year term and I refi'd down to the 2.5 on a 20 year term both fixed. I wouldn't have been comfortable with an adjustable rate mortgage. I need to know what to expect for piece of mind.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
It's the entire life of the loan. The 5.2 was on a 30 year term and I refi'd down to the 2.5 on a 20 year term both fixed. I wouldn't have been comfortable with an adjustable rate mortgage. I need to know what to expect for piece of mind.
That makes sense

I just heard of a buy down policy that only last for the first 5 years then it goes back to the original percent. Idk how true it is since it's from a YouTube video but :manny:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I did the same thing. Mine was 3.8 for 30 and refi to a 2.5 for 20 during COVID. Those COVIDS rates were great.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
what was it?
It ended up being a circuit board in my HVAC system that was indicating a fault because of a power surge. We had a bunch of storms in the area a couple weeks ago so I assume it was related to that. The tech reset the power to the unit and the fault cleared. I had already reset the power at the breaker and that didn’t work but he said that the power needed to be reset outside. He said all my refrigerant levels looked good. Everything has been good to go since.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
my taxes went up too. I called the county and they said because values went up the taxes higher for everyone.

:unimpressed:

might prepay just to see the mortgage unchanged

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It ended up being a circuit board in my HVAC system that was indicating a fault because of a power surge. We had a bunch of storms in the area a couple weeks ago so I assume it was related to that. The tech reset the power to the unit and the fault cleared. I had already reset the power at the breaker and that didn’t work but he said that the power needed to be reset outside. He said all my refrigerant levels looked good. Everything has been good to go since.

Crazy how it ends up being some really minor but off the wall problem like that. Probably the kind of shyt that unscrupulous contractors would use to trick someone into putting in a new unit etc.