The Official Homeowners Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
i was trying to move some stones in the front yard, small pavers. Found out underneath them, like 8 inches below the pavers are an ENTIRE OTHER SET OF PAVERS.

i spoke to one of my neighbors, they were getting their driveway redone, in some parts there was another driveway underneath, in some parts 8-12in of concrete. what were people doing in the 80s
My place was built in the early 2000s. :francis:

I have a bunch of trees planted three feet from one another. :wtf:

There was no foresight with this landscaping. :snoop:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He told me that their was no problems. I honestly don't think he gets it. I'd much rather he just cut grass on his side. But we agreed to cut each other's yard when we do cut our grass..since we don't currently cut in the same days and thewe the way our lawn is angled, theirs no border between our homes, so it'll always look off when either one of us cut it. I'll settle for that for now. He he doesn't cut my yard next time he cuts his, I'll figure something else out

How you a man letting another man cut your grass? What's next he gets to massage your wifey when she's tired? Sarcasm aside, maybe just get a survey and be done with it.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of lawns, before you purchase a battery powered lawn mower, make sure there is a service center in your area.

In the Midwest, there are only a few that service the DeWalt battery powered lawn mowers....learned that the hard way :mjcry:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I moved a cheer drops arborvitae from my backyard to the front. They get 10-18 feet tall and 10-12 feet wide. The people who planted it before us had it two feet away from a fence. :unimpressed:

It was pretty easy to dig out even though it was a decent size (maybe three feet high and three feet wide). Roots weren't very deep but there were a million landscaping rocks underneath and intertwined with the roots that were a pain in the ass to get out. My allergies went haywire and wrecked me for 2-3 days afterwards too.

Daps
Speaking of lawns, before you purchase a battery powered lawn mower, make sure there is a service center in your area.
What happened to your electric lawnmower? I have an Ego which cost way too much for the amount of plastic present but it has held up fine over 4 years cutting a small lawn. Only had to replace the blade.
Now my old gas mowers.....nothing but trouble with clogged carborators due to "bad gas" At least that is what Sears claimed.
I also bought a warranty which they would fix my old gas mower under. The problem is they took 3-5 weeks to fix and guess who had to cut his yard with a weed Wacker during that time?
:francis:

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
What happened to your electric lawnmower? I have an Ego which cost way too much for the amount of plastic present but it has held up fine over 4 years cutting a small lawn. Only had to replace the blade.
Now my old gas mowers.....nothing but trouble with clogged carborators due to "bad gas" At least that is what Sears claimed.
I also bought a warranty which they would fix my old gas mower under. The problem is they took 3-5 weeks to fix and guess who had to cut his yard with a weed Wacker during that time?
:francis:
Last summer, I was mowing one day and smoke was coming from the battery compartment and the mower wouldn't start.

So, I had a long back and forth with customer support since there isn't a service center nearby.

I ultimately had to ship the entire mower to a service center in Texas somewhere. And....I want to say almost a month later, a brand new mower was randomly on my door step.

So far, so good but if this mower has issues, I'm switching brands.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Had my front porch redone 2 weeks ago and that shyt came out good. I almost fell into the OG porch we will because it probably
Gutter routing def worked but I'm waterproofing this basement later this year or early next year:unimpressed:

We have a high water table and it deciding to flash flood every other few days is ridiculous
Did you get a quote on waterproofing? I know we will have to get this done not because we have water or moisture issues but I like to be proactive. The house was built in 1905 so im sure its about time.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Had my front porch redone 2 weeks ago and that shyt came out good. I almost fell into the OG porch we will because it probably

Did you get a quote on waterproofing? I know we will have to get this done not because we have water or moisture issues but I like to be proactive. The house was built in 1905 so im sure its about time.
My house was built in 1920s so old as well. I didn't have anyone look at my house yet, but from our local facebook group the average for our area right now is 8-12k with 10 being the average price. I'm in South Jersey right outside of philly for reference

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My house was built in 1920s so old as well. I didn't have anyone look at my house yet, but from our local facebook group the average for our area right now is 8-12k with 10 being the average price. I'm in South Jersey right outside of philly for reference
Yeah its probably going to be close to 12k for me because of one side of my house has a concrete walkway to my basement door from the outside so that would have to come up and be redone too. Oh well the cost of homeownership lol.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Grow flowers, brehs. I never thought this would be me but I have eight different roses around my place and I'm gonna add more. Two might need to get replaced though because they were completely neglected and planted in a terrible spot by the previous owners. I just had to save a couple others that were thriving because they got attacked by aphids. I had to cut almost all the leaves off one of them. :snoop:

I used a soapy water and sprayed them for a few days and the aphids are pretty much gone now.

Anyway, the roses blooming from spring through the fall is awesome. I just bought a purplish one (a rare color for roses) to go with my yellow one so I have a dedicated Lakers patch. :lolbron:

I'm thinking of getting some Camellias for winter blooming.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Bought an oscillating tool. Man them things a game changer.

We team DIY man mounted the shiplap in the kitchen. I'll post some pictures soon

Yeah, they're crazy underrated. It's crazy how few people know about them. As someone that does electrical and carpentry for a living, I can honestly say that it's probably one of my top three favorite powered hand tools that I have in my arsenal.