The Official Homeowners Thread

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Yeah, they're crazy underrated. It's crazy how few people know about them. As someone that does electrical and carpentry for a living, I can honestly say that it's probably one of my top three favorite powered hand tools that I have in my arsenal.
i bought the brushless lithium one from ryobi and EArc blades from amazon

:banderas:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grow flowers, brehs. I never thought this would be me but I have eight different roses around my place and I'm gonna add more. Two might need to get replaced though because they were completely neglected and planted in a terrible spot by the previous owners. I just had to save a couple others that were thriving because they got attacked by aphids. I had to cut almost all the leaves off one of them. :snoop:

I used a soapy water and sprayed them for a few days and the aphids are pretty much gone now.

Anyway, the roses blooming from spring through the fall is awesome. I just bought a purplish one (a rare color for roses) to go with my yellow one so I have a dedicated Lakers patch. :lolbron:

I'm thinking of getting some Camellias for winter blooming.

Make sure to space them out....assuming they're getting a lot of sunlight those mfers are going to get huge in a cpl years.

A lot of people underestimate the extent to which this kind of landscaping adds value to your home. It's harder to quantify than say new windows or a roof, but for certain buyers that wow factor will be hard to set aside.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had my front porch redone 2 weeks ago and that shyt came out good. I almost fell into the OG porch we will because it probably

Did you get a quote on waterproofing? I know we will have to get this done not because we have water or moisture issues but I like to be proactive. The house was built in 1905 so im sure its about time.

Do the easy shyt first. Most basement water issues originate outside the home.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
How it started:

p0nj20S.jpg

iIHdVyP.png

xpMoYlZ.jpg

hq0sRoG.jpg

3hdrS5K.jpg

sr7s4Rj.jpg

molDuoO.jpg

cEUE2tk.jpg

G23Wagm.jpg

bqGHHfm.jpg

PBxyn18.jpg

4RMIomL.jpg

wRSSLQT.jpg

PkePqBj.jpg

AFDgLMD.jpg

EHPAbj8.jpg

The city came out and redid our sidewalk, so while they were working on it, I was able to convince them to let me drop a pvc chase tube in their concrete pour so that I could run an irrigation line to the other side.

l9FIY3I.jpg

R5JnEo9.jpg

hW7iqwH.jpg

How it finished:

0nwwdaL.jpg

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I live in the Boston area and one of the main things I hated about my house was that it had oil heating. So a couple weeks ago I got a flyer in the mail for company that installs heat pumps. Since I already have solar, having electric heat makes more economic sense than buying oil every winter. The only requirement that I needed to do before was to upgrade to a 200 Amp circuit. As for the heat pump, I choose a type of the line, highly efficient, central AC model. So total cost for the circuit upgrade and heat pump is roughly $21K.

Luckily, I live in Mass where we get generous rebates and Sleepy Joe signed the Inflation Reduction Act.
Total Cost: $21K
Mass Rebate: - $16K
IRA Heat Pump: - $2K
IRA Circuit Upgrades: -$600

$2400 out of pocket to future proof my electrical breakers, and cheaper heating and cooling.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
How it started:

p0nj20S.jpg

iIHdVyP.png

xpMoYlZ.jpg

hq0sRoG.jpg

3hdrS5K.jpg

sr7s4Rj.jpg

molDuoO.jpg

cEUE2tk.jpg

G23Wagm.jpg

bqGHHfm.jpg

PBxyn18.jpg

4RMIomL.jpg

wRSSLQT.jpg

PkePqBj.jpg

AFDgLMD.jpg

EHPAbj8.jpg

The city came out and redid our sidewalk, so while they were working on it, I was able to convince them to let me drop a pvc chase tube in their concrete pour so that I could run an irrigation line to the other side.

l9FIY3I.jpg

R5JnEo9.jpg

hW7iqwH.jpg

How it finished:

0nwwdaL.jpg
looks like north oakland

where do u live

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
How it started:

p0nj20S.jpg

iIHdVyP.png

xpMoYlZ.jpg

hq0sRoG.jpg

3hdrS5K.jpg

sr7s4Rj.jpg

molDuoO.jpg

cEUE2tk.jpg

G23Wagm.jpg

bqGHHfm.jpg

PBxyn18.jpg

4RMIomL.jpg

wRSSLQT.jpg

PkePqBj.jpg

AFDgLMD.jpg

EHPAbj8.jpg

l9FIY3I.jpg

R5JnEo9.jpg

hW7iqwH.jpg

How it finished:

0nwwdaL.jpg
Helluva reno. Congrats on the completion (and patience).

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Didn't know this thread existed:ohhh:

Posting mainly to remember to read it later. Bought our house almost two years ago and when we are finally done with all the reconstruction (buy a home that had been lived in for 50 years by a couple that never updated or isolated brehs:francis:) we should be able to live here untill we either can't walk upstairs or need to move to an other place :blessed:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
How it started:

p0nj20S.jpg

iIHdVyP.png

xpMoYlZ.jpg

hq0sRoG.jpg

3hdrS5K.jpg

sr7s4Rj.jpg

molDuoO.jpg

cEUE2tk.jpg

G23Wagm.jpg

bqGHHfm.jpg

PBxyn18.jpg

4RMIomL.jpg

wRSSLQT.jpg

PkePqBj.jpg

AFDgLMD.jpg

EHPAbj8.jpg

l9FIY3I.jpg

R5JnEo9.jpg

hW7iqwH.jpg

How it finished:

0nwwdaL.jpg
02 lemon slice E38 740i sport with M Parallels :ehh:

Daps
I just bought a home in Celina, Tx which is a suburb in the Dallas area. I wanted to know if anyone has used Vivint Hone Security system? What home security systems would anyone recommend for 2023?

Thanks

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I just bought a home in Celina, Tx which is a suburb in the Dallas area. I wanted to know if anyone has used Vivint Hone Security system? What home security systems would anyone recommend for 2023?

Thanks
Just get a simply safe and call it a day