The Official HBCU Thread

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
thing is we embrace those labels in the SWAC :lolbron:

IDK if you’ve ever been to Alcorn’s campus, but they’re literally in the middle of the woods. You gotta drive on a 2 lane highway, then make a turn and drive about 30 minutes in the woods till you get to their campus.

Mississippi Valley, Grambling, & UAPB country as hell too

they call our bands ghetto and country cause we put emphasis on playing loud, and we’ll crank on nikkas while they’re marching into the stadium as opposed to MEAC bands who just sit there

"The Old Country Store" of Hwy 61:wow:

The stretch. :banderas:

Jack Spinks Stadium - Game Day:demonic:

S/O to Lynch St, :myman:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
"The Old Country Store" of Hwy 61:wow:

The stretch. :banderas:

Jack Spinks Stadium - Game Day:demonic:

S/O to Lynch St, :myman:

I remember reading about a old fashioned mom and pop black owned spot that make some bomb ass fried chicken in Mississippi near one of the HBCUS.

cant remember if it was Alcorn or Valley

Edit- found it

matter fact it’s the old country store you’re talking about.

the chicken that good?

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I remember reading about a old fashioned mom and pop black owned spot that make some bomb ass fried chicken in Mississippi near one of the HBCUS.

cant remember if it was Alcorn or Valley

Edit- found it

matter fact it’s the old country store you’re talking about.

the chicken that good?

The food is damn good. It doubled as a club though. I spent more time there clubbing if anything, :pachaha:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We used to tear the club up!:mjlit:

There were a lot of local hole in the wall clubs around but the Old Country School was the best spot. Especially since it was the closest thing to campus.

I wanna visit one of them old time juke joints out there so bad. I think I’m going to do the Mississippi blues trail, visit the delta blues museum and find a juke joint to kick it at.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Morehouse medical students surprised with $100,000 each to pay off their student loans

ATLANTA — Morehouse School of Medicine has been awarded $26.3 million from Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charitable organization founded by entrepreneur and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

The donation is part of a $100 million fund for students attending the nation’s four historically Black medical schools: Morehouse School of Medicine, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine, Howard University College of Medicine and Meharry Medical College over the next four years.

Students at Morehouse School of Medicine enrolled in student aid programs will receive approximately $100,000 each.

that’s a blessing for those kids. Not to sound like a hater or a pocket watcher, but I wish these folks who donate realize there are more HBCUs than Morehouse, Howard, Hampton, Spelman & Tuskegee

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Morehouse medical students surprised with $100,000 each to pay off their student loans

ATLANTA — Morehouse School of Medicine has been awarded $26.3 million from Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charitable organization founded by entrepreneur and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

The donation is part of a $100 million fund for students attending the nation’s four historically Black medical schools: Morehouse School of Medicine, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine, Howard University College of Medicine and Meharry Medical College over the next four years.

Students at Morehouse School of Medicine enrolled in student aid programs will receive approximately $100,000 each.

that’s a blessing for those kids. Not to sound like a hater or a pocket watcher, but I wish these folks who donate realize there are more HBCUs than Morehouse, Howard, Hampton, Spelman & Tuskegee
I feel that, but the money went to HBCU medical schools. But you’re right it seems like most donations in general go to those schools u named

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
That fried chicken outta be illegal:wow:

I’m not sure if it’s still there but there used to be this mom and pop store in the cut off the stretch. They had the best Philly cheesesteaks I’ve ever had! Unless you go to the hood in Philly, Pittsburgh Or the Chi ain’t nobody messing with these. I there was this OG that ran this store. I think he was from up north and brought the family recipe with him. :wow: