The Official HBCU Thread

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
a fukkin HBCU discriminates against students with locs?! :dahell:

yea they still stuck in the 19th century. Y’all said Hampton was super bougie :mjpls:
Yes, as an alum, Hampton is very bougie. That being said, the future for the school would be in better hands in a younger administration. A lot of behind the scenes stuff at the school, it's very fukked up. Me, being in the band, was the most shady.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yes, as an alum, Hampton is very bougie. That being said, the future for the school would be in better hands in a younger administration. A lot of behind the scenes stuff at the school, it's very fukked up. Me, being in the band, was the most shady.

How do y’all feel about not being in an HBCU conference anymore?

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How do y’all feel about not being in an HBCU conference anymore?
Mane, MEAC is some bullshyt. I remember i was in the band for the meac conference with the mens and womens basketball with hampton. I think this was 2018 it was our last year in the division. Our men and women team was straight beasting, to the point both of them were in the championship. The men played against central and the girls played A&T. The refs straight up robbed both of them, fouling out players for no fukking reason, giving the other team hella FGs, it was disgraceful :hhh: but the liquor afterparties in the hotel was lit :blessed:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mane, MEAC is some bullshyt. I remember i was in the band for the meac conference with the mens and womens basketball with hampton. I think this was 2018 it was our last year in the division. Our men and women team was straight beasting, to the point both of them were in the championship. The men played against central and the girls played A&T. The refs straight up robbed both of them, fouling out players for no fukking reason, giving the other team hella FGs, it was disgraceful :hhh: but the liquor afterparties in the hotel was lit :blessed:

lmao

do fans of them big south teams come to y’all campus for basketball and football games?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've been saving up for my oldest to go to an HBCU since he was 5, what school would ya'll brehs recommend for a child that shows interests in teaching

Not to be biased, but I went to Alabama State University, & that’s what we’re known for.

Our school was founded to educate slaves (like every other HBCU), but down the line many HBCUS transitioned to A&M or business schools. Bama State has maintained our legacy of producing black educators. Half of the students there when I was a student were education majors, & we have many different disciplines under the education program.

Tennessee State is good as well. I’d say that Tennessee State, FAMU, Southern, Alabama State & the AUC schools have the most alums I’ve worked along with at the different schools I’ve worked at

Top 10 HBCUs that Produce Teachers

Also depends on where y’all stay..I wouldn’t recommend going to FAMU as an out of state student unless you have scholarships & grants cause their out of state fees are expensive. Most of the SWAC schools have low out of state fees & they even waive them on some years.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
he's 9 so I take it with a grain of salt when he says he wanted to teach his grade.

What type of teaching does he want to do?

we in Texas for the foreseeable future, so distance wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Not to be biased, but I went to Alabama State University, & that’s what we’re known for.

Our school was founded to educate slaves (like every other HBCU), but down the line many HBCUS transitioned to A&M or business schools. Bama State has maintained our legacy of producing black educators. Half of the students there when I was a student were education majors, & we have many different disciplines under the education program.

Tennessee State is good as well. I’d say that Tennessee State, FAMU, Southern, Alabama State & the AUC schools have the most alums I’ve worked along with at the different schools I’ve worked at

Top 10 HBCUs that Produce Teachers

Also depends on where y’all stay..I wouldn’t recommend going to FAMU as an out of state student unless you have scholarships & grants cause their out of state fees are expensive. Most of the SWAC schools have low out of state fees & they even waive them on some years.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
he's 9 so I take it with a grain of salt when he says he wanted to teach his grade.

we in Texas for the foreseeable future, so distance wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Yea y’all right in SWAC country. I was looking up the different HBCUS in Texas and it looks like Wiley College offers the most education degrees.

Degree Programs | Wiley College

All of the HBCUS in Texas offer education degrees, but with the petroleum industry in that state, it looks like they mainly focus on the STEM fields

it’s a small private HBCU so it probably cost more than Texas Southern & Prairie View.

but Texas is next to Louisiana, Oklahoma & Arkansas so he can look into Grambling, Southern, Langston University & UAPB

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC