The Official HBCU Thread

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Since its inception.

I’m from Texas and never heard that and have friends and family that graduated from PV. Matter of fact PV was always one of the harder Black schools to get into.

I know grambling southern and Tsu had open enrollment back in the day but I’m not even sure if they still do.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I’m from Texas and never heard that and have friends and family that graduated from PV. Matter of fact PV was always one of the harder Black schools to get into.

I know grambling southern and Tsu had open enrollment back in the day but I’m not even sure if they still do.
I went to PVAMU and that was the overall theme back then. And had been the theme for many years prior to my arrival. As long as you kept a 2.0 GPA you could stay on campus.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
alcorn been letting their nuts drag for bout 5 years now they used to be slaw

entire University went through a rough transition. We literally fell off the HBCU map for about 2 decades :mjcry:

Now we Back, risen from the ashes and singing Roy Jones Jr

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
"In 2012, the college filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

According to the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, “A chapter 11 debtor usually proposes a plan of reorganization to keep its business alive and pay creditors over time.”

Despite its financial issues, Morris Brown College has never closed its doors. During Pritchett’s time as president of the college, Morris Brown’s debt has immensely been reduced.

“We had $32 million worth of debt that had been sitting on the books for about eight or nine years,” he explained. “In 2015, we came out of bankruptcy and had only $3 million worth of indebtedness. And that was to the AME church.”

With its debt nearly eliminated, the college began to seriously look at accreditation as its main priority.

The school has been working with an independent consultant to file its application. If accepted, the school will receive its accreditation by the end of 2019."

'We're still here': Morris Brown College president, alums talk about the institution's slow road back to prominence | The Atlanta Voice

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shiiid bro.....that was in 1997. i don't even remember them hoes names. #oldhead

I hope that girl is going through the worst karma. the cheating on her boyfriend is one thing but the stunt pulled after that? :scust:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its disgusting how much NCAT is so damn integrated. Is it an HBCU or not? I get having one or two white people but man all over the faculty and student pics you them scattered. North Carolina is being way too nice.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its disgusting how much NCAT is so damn integrated. Is it an HBCU or not? I get having one or two white people but man all over the faculty and student pics you them scattered. North Carolina is being way too nice.

:dwillhuh:
Are you joking? Do you realize they will get sued if they don’t allow non blacks?

We aren’t like them fam. We don’t deny them an education like they did to us.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:
Are you joking? Do you realize they will get sued if they don’t allow non blacks?

We aren’t like them fam. We don’t deny them an education like they did to us.

Read what I said again breh. I said I’m not saying deny, I know we should be inclusive, but they going overboard and diluting. Watch in 5 to 7 years you will say I’m right

84% Black
5% White
3% Hispanic

I would bet it’s on par with most of the bigger HBCUs :yeshrug:

Breh 84 percent is low for an HBCU

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Read what I said again breh. I said I’m not saying deny, I know we should be inclusive, but they going overboard and diluting. Watch in 5 to 7 years you will say I’m right

Breh 84 percent is low for an HBCU
At the end of the day, A&T has world renowned engineering and accounting programs. People are going to try and take advantage of that, and not just those with black skin.

I just know in my program, there might’ve been 40 of us in the class of 2013. There were 2 white students. The overwhelming majority of us were African American, and were in an engineering program