The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
now that i think about it..you guys were right..from a BUSINESS standpoint..it was dumb as fukk to launch this against game 1 of the nba finals.. the highest rated in ABC history :snoop:

dumb for a series that's always gotten low ratings..international deal be damned

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Nobody gives this show a chance bc it's on nbc. I have told so many ppl at my job along with friends and to even get them to give it a chance took a lot of convincing on my part. Now all of them are in awe of it. Nbc simply doesn't have that cred anymore and needs to give Hannibal to a better respectable network.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: You wouldn't want them to lose their TV-14 rating?

It's funny seeing the article that the ratings were so low. For a show with such low ratings, it seems to be all over the internet after this episode. E.g. if you google the old saying "is it that kind of party," nearly ALL the hits for page after page are about the episode two days ago.

Speaking of which, this recap I found on Google was pretty good:
http://nerdist.com/hannibal-review-antipasto-s3e1/

It helped me understand some of the things about the episode that weren't clear at first:

Edit:
This maybe wishful thinking, but I expect the ratings to improve massively once the DVR numbers are factored in. I expect there's a pretty big overlap between the NBA Finals viewship and Hannibal (I'm sure most of us in this thread watching the Finals live and watching Hannibal later).
I didn't . Hannibal In the paint >>>> Bron

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nbc simply doesn't have that cred anymore.

That's exactly why I doubt NBC will ever cancel or give up this show. It legitimizes them. It doesn't matter if 5 people are watching it, critics put the finale last year up against anything on any network, basic or cable, and most of the time it came out on top. I doubt "Hannibal" will ever get award show recognition due to it's content but critics fukking love it. So do creative types like writers and directors.

If you factor in the deal NBC has with Gaumont, they have no reason to ever let "Hannibal" go.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's exactly why I doubt NBC will ever cancel or give up this show. It legitimizes them. It doesn't matter if 5 people are watching it, critics put the finale last year up against anything on any network, basic or cable, and most of the time it came out on top. I doubt "Hannibal" will ever get award show recognition due to it's content but critics fukking love it. So do creative types like writers and directors.

If you factor in the deal NBC has with Gaumont, they have no reason to ever let "Hannibal" go.

Fred.
Breh 2 days ago you said no doubt in your mind its getting cancelled :heh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
At this point I think Hannibal is my current pick for the best show on TV. Last year while True Detective was on I might have said that was better, but looking back at both shows last season of Hannibal was better.
If I can think of a flaw, its that the show can get really disgusting, but its rarely "scary".

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
Im gonna disagree. I think the only reason it hasnt been cancelled is the production deal they have.

The show has poor ratings and isnt being nominated let alone winning awards.

Shows arent being saved by getting good reviews online. They want awards or ratings. Studios aint gonna print seasons 2's rotten tomatoes score and frame it on a wall.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015...nibal-sets-premiere-low-aquarius-slips-by-36/

:huhldup:

There seemed to be a lot of talk in the past about another network or cable channel picking this up if NBC pulls the plug. Hopefully that's still the case. Not sure exactly how Neilson calculates these ratings but I feel like the show has to have a higher audience than that
who in their right mind put this on with the finals :mindblown:

didn't even get a chance to build up, then make you choose... nope... just started right off the bat with challenging the the nba fukking finals game 1 with lebron fukking james playing :wtf: