The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
watching now. the intro, got damn this shyt has the best cinematography boy im telling you these people are allstars whoever does this shyt :banderas:

edit: look at her stunting in blue :banderas:

edit 2: is it just my tv or are some of the scenes super dark, like i cant see anything

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
OK.....that episode was typical dope Hannibal.....but I'm not gonna lie I'm lost as fukk after my first viewing :dwillhuh:

So much jumping around in time, so much fast paced and complex dialogue....Hannibal speaking in foreign languages when its already hard enough to understand him in English due to his accent.....sometimes I didn't know which he was speaking :pachaha:

Definitely have to watch this again with subtitles. Or I need someone to break it all down

Side note: Its a bit distracting to hear Hannibal openly discussing cannibalism and murder....threw me off at first. But I understand, he has shown himself now. Just need to get past the initial shock.

You talking about the paragraph of Italian he spit at bushy beard dude? It was a piece of Dante's sonnet "La Vita Nuova":

To every captive soul and gentle heart
into whose sight this present speech may come,
so that they might write its meaning for me,
greetings, in their lord’s name, who is Love.
Already a third of the hours were almost past
of the time when all the stars were shining,
when Love suddenly appeared to me
whose memory fills me with terror.
Joyfully Love seemed to me to hold
my heart in his hand, and held in his arms
my lady wrapped in a cloth sleeping.
Then he woke her, and that burning heart
he fed to her reverently, she fearing,
afterwards he went not to be seen weeping.

It's meant to be romantic, because it's a dream Dante had about a girl he was in love with named Beatrice....but Hannibal picked the "eating of a heart" part for obvious reasons.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thuglife2iira0.gif

Did anyone notice Hannibal's face fade into the picture of Lucifer when he was doing his lecture on Dante :wow:
thats the only scene I saw ... Finals kept me away .. but yeah that shyt is dope, as was that entire scene. you knew the Hannibal ether was coming

fukk man, I hope this show gets at least 4 seasons @hexagram23 reassure me breh

That's even doper when you realize Lucifer from Dante's version of hell is eternally feeding on the bodies of sinners.

It's even doper when you realize the lowest level of hell is reserved for traitors....and the 7th circle which Hannibal mentioned is reserved for suicides....which is why he mentioned Judas....

Then you :ohhh: when you realize the entire lecture was a subliminal shot at Scully, warning her not to snitch. Which is why she suddenly :merchant: and bounced.

Fred.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finished watching this and :whoo::whew::ahh:

I fukking love the cinematography of this show...the way Bedelia slippped into that tub (which looked like it was worth a couple of million bucks..that shyt had Louie XIII royal family knobs for hot and cold water) and how her hair disappeared into utter darkness ever so slow yet so swiftly and them showing her fall through the water.:gladbron:
Hannibal's apartment ceiling looks like some shyt Michelangelo resurrected and painted himself to rival the Sistine Chapel. The rabbit dripping blood from it mouth and nose in the butcher shop...the last scene of the blood flying through the air and splashing Bedelia across the face:dead:

Hannibal's suit game is on some upper echelon level of luxury I'm not even aware of. He makes me want to go suit shopping but my bread aint nowhere near long enough to pull that off. I'm so damn happy this show is back.
tumblr_n600uzlJJt1rvs9wso1_500.gif

Last edited:

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Did they hire a new cinematographer? The show looked good in previous seasons but this episode was straight :wow: all the way through.

Also the editing was much smoother. I thought S1 and S2 felt a little networky with a lot of quick, jumpy and unnatural feeling edits. None of that in this episode.

Also I love than on American network television its okay to show a decapitated and skinned human chest, dripping blood. But when they show DaVinci's Vitruvian Man they have to obscure his penis.. :troll:

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015...nibal-sets-premiere-low-aquarius-slips-by-36/

Leading out of a deflated “Aquarius” and facing the NBA Finals, Thursday’s “Hannibal” was the lowest-rated and least-watched season premiere on record. Its adults 18-49 demo rating tied a series low.

The episode, which kicked off the third season, drew a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating with 2.621 million viewers.

Both marks represent premiere lows for the acclaimed drama. Airing on February 28, 2014, last year’s “Hannibal” premiere posted a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating with 3.27 million viewers.

:huhldup:

There seemed to be a lot of talk in the past about another network or cable channel picking this up if NBC pulls the plug. Hopefully that's still the case. Not sure exactly how Neilson calculates these ratings but I feel like the show has to have a higher audience than that

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Episode was decent but not great, par for the course.

The cinematography is EASILY the best on network tv and rivals anything on premium.

I :laff: when dude was like is it that kind of party? And hannibal had the smug look.

That shot of hannibals face with lucifer super imposed was brilliant.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015...nibal-sets-premiere-low-aquarius-slips-by-36/

:huhldup:

There seemed to be a lot of talk in the past about another network or cable channel picking this up if NBC pulls the plug. Hopefully that's still the case. Not sure exactly how Neilson calculates these ratings but I feel like the show has to have a higher audience than that
This show would do much better on a premium network.

Scheduling it during the nba finals was idiotic though. Im curious to see how the numbers look after they add in on the ondemands views and all that.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Episode was dope as hell, I watched the season 2 finale before as well and will repeat - that was a perfect episode.

I love, but also fear, how Brian Fuller has dedicated himself to following his artistic vision exactly. It's what keeps out the general audience which is why there's always the risk of it being pulled, but it provides for a truly unique show.

And the visuals remain absolutely :wow: , there are no shows out there fukking with the visuals past or present.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Did they hire a new cinematographer? The show looked good in previous seasons but this episode was straight :wow: all the way through.

Also the editing was much smoother. I thought S1 and S2 felt a little networky with a lot of quick, jumpy and unnatural feeling edits. None of that in this episode.

Also I love than on American network television its okay to show a decapitated and skinned human chest, dripping blood. But when they show DaVinci's Vitruvian Man they have to obscure his penis.. :troll:
:whoa: You wouldn't want them to lose their TV-14 rating?

It's funny seeing the article that the ratings were so low. For a show with such low ratings, it seems to be all over the internet after this episode. E.g. if you google the old saying "is it that kind of party," nearly ALL the hits for page after page are about the episode two days ago.

Speaking of which, this recap I found on Google was pretty good:
http://nerdist.com/hannibal-review-antipasto-s3e1/

It helped me understand some of the things about the episode that weren't clear at first:

We then got to see a flashback to Bedelia’s patient attack. Waking up bloodied, having just stuck her arm down the throat of her patient (now dead), we saw Hannibal enter and tell her it looked like there was no attack and that she did it of her own volition. But, of course, he’d help her if she asked. Cruel, effed-up stuff that proves he clearly started messing with the patient (who used to be his) to mess with Bedelia, putting her firmly in his pocket — hence her moral daze when it comes to Hannibal. And now he’s feeding her foods used for sweetening meats because, as Gideon pointed out, Hannibal doesn’t like eating alone, even when he’s eating the person with whom he’s dining.

Ultimately, Dimmond seemed to have figured out that Hannibal killed Dr. Fell, sort of threatening to tell someone if the Faux Fell doesn’t do something. What a fool; he has no idea with whom he’s messed. Hannibal, back at home, smacked Dimmond upside the head with a bust of some great thinker and, as the bloodied man tried to crawl away, asked Bedelia if she’s observing or participating. Though she said just observing, he tells her she knew what would happen and let it happen anyway, in order to see what would happen, what Dimmond would do, and what Hannibal would do. They both behaved exactly as she expected: hence, participation. The scene ended with Hannibal snapping Dimmond’s neck just as he got to the doorknob and near-freedom.

Edit:
This maybe wishful thinking, but I expect the ratings to improve massively once the DVR numbers are factored in. I expect there's a pretty big overlap between the NBA Finals viewship and Hannibal (I'm sure most of us in this thread watching the Finals live and watching Hannibal later).

Last edited: