The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how many of y'all would pay for something with a terrible track record of earning... and then be told you won't even get the product until MAYBE 18 months from now... so that now it's almost 2 years since the last person saw hannibal, it was shytty ratings when it was on, and now you got to improve on all that 18 months later

it is a hard sell... we all love the show.. that doesn't mean money money money... which is all these execs care about at the end of the day

This isn't entirely accurate breh.

The show wasn't an earner for NBC. But aside from the wildly popular shows like "The Walking Dead", "Game Of Thrones" and "Better Call Saul", it's ratings were better than 90% of the shows on cable.

Better than "Homeland", "Masters Of Sex", "The Knick", "The Americans", "Humans", "Madmen", "Hell On Wheels".....honestly too many shows to name.

So you have a built in fan base. Hell, an international one due to the deal NBC had with Gaumont.

As far as waiting....there's a few people that want to pick the show up, or would have already, but DeLaurentiis Co. can't give a concrete time frame due to juggling dozens of schedules. Amazon wanted to pick it up immediately after it was cancelled but they wanted the next season to start ASAP, which wasn't possible.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched Dateline for ten minutes before I found out that Hannibal moved to Saturday.

FML:sadbron:
"NBC Dateline: To Catch A Cannibal" :ohhh:

The episode should still be on the internet in a bit. It's still airing tonight in other countries. Hopefully they hold us down.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For the final episodes it looks like.

They're really trying to kill this show :wow:

They aren't making any money off it at this point so they're like :yeshrug:

What's hilarious is these dumb asses renewed "Aquarius" instead of "Hannibal" and it's numbers have dropped to where "Hannibal" was pre-cancellation, so they moved "Aquarius" to Saturdays now, too. :mjlol:

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This isn't entirely accurate breh.

The show wasn't an earner for NBC. But aside from the wildly popular shows like "The Walking Dead", "Game Of Thrones" and "Better Call Saul", it's ratings were better than 90% of the shows on cable.

Better than "Homeland", "Masters Of Sex", "The Knick", "The Americans", "Humans", "Madmen", "Hell On Wheels".....honestly too many shows to name.

So you have a built in fan base. Hell, an international one due to the deal NBC had with Gaumont.

As far as waiting....there's a few people that want to pick the show up, or would have already, but DeLaurentiis Co. can't give a concrete time frame due to juggling dozens of schedules. Amazon wanted to pick it up immediately after it was cancelled but they wanted the next season to start ASAP, which wasn't possible.

Fred.
the waiting is what i was tying it all into

it's one thing to have these ratings, then say, next season hannibal is on such and such channel

it's another to have these ratings, disappear for 18 months, then continue on season 4 as if there wasn't a major gap of time, new shows for people to get on, and a loss of interest (maybe)

these people crunch numbers and do this shyt for a living... for decades... i'm sure if it was as easy and simple slam dunk as we think, they'd have executed the plan

and also remember those numbers are high for AMC because AMC is a paid station with less viewers... once you take hannibal and put it on AMC.. there's no promise that all the viewers are coming with you just based on not having AMC

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the waiting is what i was tying it all into

it's one thing to have these ratings, then say, next season hannibal is on such and such channel

it's another to have these ratings, disappear for 18 months, then continue on season 4 as if there wasn't a major gap of time, new shows for people to get on, and a loss of interest (maybe)

these people crunch numbers and do this shyt for a living... for decades... i'm sure if it was as easy and simple slam dunk as we think, they'd have executed the plan

and also remember those numbers are high for AMC because AMC is a paid station with less viewers... once you take hannibal and put it on AMC.. there's no promise that all the viewers are coming with you just based on not having AMC

You present a compelling argument. But I need to clarify a few things.

1. None of those reasons are why it hasn't been picked up. As of right now it's a matter of scheduling.

2. TV execs (hopefully) know their jobs, but they aren't infallible. In hindsight I'm sure HBO wished they picked up "Breaking Bad", "Madmen" and "The Walking Dead" when they had the chance.

3. "Hannibal" could lose half it's ratings in a move to AMC (for example) and still have more viewers than 90% of their line up.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I have to fight myself from reading this thread until Saturday, since I don't feel like DLing the episode.

• Dap
Reactions: hex